Ikalawang Haka

Lagom.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I stared at the lone file at my table, may naligaw again? I think I really should ask Alistaire to change the name plastered in her pinto. She didn’t even add the ‘Engr.’ title on hers, I mean I did the same by not putting the ‘Atty.’ but! But!

 

But she’s the one who bought these metal name plates for our doors, so technically, it’s not my fault! Yes, I’m blaming that woman.

 

I rolled my eyes na lang sa nakita ko. Yesterday, her blueprint got sent here and now, another file. I won’t bring this to her, for all I care!

 

It’s time na she’s the one to search for it naman ‘no! I just finished a meeting with a client outside, I am not entirely focused on this firm naman. I take cases outside too.

 

I massaged my feet, heels are pretty to look at but it after wearing them for such a long time. I removed my blazer and rested my back against the swivel chair. Alistaire is so tagal, does she not care for this new file. What is this ba?

 

I picked it up from my pile of papers, and read the things written on the back of the white envelope.

 

Engr. Alice Alvaro

 

Her door name plate could’ve been better if she had these words written on it, instead of just ‘Alice Alvaro’. There are times na I just wanna ask why did I marry her again, but my God!

 

I was about to open the file na when my door swung. I might have drank too much coffee as I almost jumped.

 

“Don’t you know how to knock ba?” I asked.

 

“Ito naman parang others, naligaw ba dito ‘yung white envelope ko?” I waved the envelope in my hand. She just smiled and tried to take it away but I didn’t let it go that easily.

 

“What’s this ba?” I tried to open it and she almost jumped on my table just to get it away.

 

I smirked as she dove forward. She was leaning against my table, buti nga!

 

“Let me take a look at this muna.” I spoke again but she had these fast reflexes, almost knocking my chair down as she grabbed it… and now we’re in this ‘very’ awkward position.

 

She had her knees placed on the seat of my chair while her other hand was pressing against my shoulder.

“I didn’t know you’re into this kind of office stuff pala ha, you’re so naughty.” I teased.

 

“Grabe ha, ikaw may gawa nito. Babalik na ‘ko sa work, ‘wag kang pasaway.” She spoke and gave me a forehead kiss.

 

“Forehead kiss, really? You’re so hina, My Alistaire.” I really love her reactions when it comes to my teasing, but I love her more when she keeps her cool despite it.

 

“Hindi, hindi ako papatol sa pa-ganyan mo Winter Allison… sasabihan mo lang ako ng ‘ert’ pagkatapos.” I laughed at her. Well, she’s right naman. I just really love teasing her.

 

“I love you…” I softly spoke.

 

It makes me feel warm everytime she wears that smile. 10 years, it has been 10 years and she still wears it like how she did when I first told her that.

 

“I love you more; always.” 

 

“Okay then, see you later, woman.” I pushed her body away from my swivel chair.

 

“Aray ko ha!” She replied and proceeded to dust away the non-existent dirt from her long sleeved button-up.

 

“I heard

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter