Ika-apat na Haka

Lagom.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I looked at the time, it’s not that late pa naman. But close enough sa end of my shift, around 4:40 pm… I bet Alistaire’s still on the site. She sent me a few messages kanina including a video of her going around the site.

 

Nothing much to see naman, it’s just that the firm lets her handle the employees who prefer to lack off a lot since she’s really hands on when nasa work. My baby must be tired, what should I prepare later for dinner kaya?

 

I haven’t asked her what kind of food she craves for pa, but I feel like I should make her eat veggies again. It’s Friday naman… she’s just like a big baby sometimes. So makulit and pasaway when it comes to eating veggies.

 

I dialed her phone number.

 

“Yes po?”

 

I smiled at how soft she sounded, so far from the usual deep voice that she uses when talking to other people.

 

“Nothing, I just miss you.” I put my phone on the loudspeaker as I scanned the papers sa table. I’m choosing which files I would bring home ba for further inspection.

 

“Malapit na 5 pm.”

 

“Are you gonna come home na?” I hadn’t seen her all day since she didn’t stop by to bring me lunch. She just ordered and had it delivered to me.

 

“Mag-stay po ako hanggang matapos ang work nila kasi sasahod sila po.”

 

“Uwi ka after po?” I heard her laugh at my question. What’s so funny ba?

 

“Uuwi po sa’yo.” 

 

“Are you trying to make me feel kilig?” Her laughter became louder.

 

“What’s so funny ba?”

 

“Wala po, ang cute-cute mo Lagi ko. Anong ginagawa mo?” I can hear the employees cheering from the background, their job is done na siguro. My baby can come home na.

 

“I’m arranging the papers and I’ll bring them home.” She hummed.

 

“Okay po, kausapin ko lang mga worker po, I love you.”

 

“Okay po, I love you more.”

 

I finished stacking and arranging my papers din naman agad. Not much of a work to do, plus I can go back here naman tomorrow if I forget some files. Only Alistaire’s the one who has work bukas, so I’ll have to wake her up early for work… and do some errands around the house.

 

But I doubt she’d be fine na I’ll do the house chores without her, she always tells me na she wants to help sa bahay. It’s better that way daw, she prefers it to be that way.

 

Before I forgot, I took a mental note of the veggies for dinner. She has been eating meat only all week.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter