Chapter 6

From A Different Perspective

I can't do this anymore
I can't do this anymore
I can't do this anymore
I can't do this anymore
I can't do this anymore
I can't do this anymore
I can't do this anymore
I can't do this anymore
I can't do this anymore
I can

 

~



Keonhee jumped, feeling a hand on his shoulder as it stopped him from writing on the paper. He turned to see a concerned Yunho standing behind him, his right hand on his left shoulder in a comforting manner.

"Are you okay?" Asked Yunho. "I'm-" started Keonhee as he found himself shaking. "I don't know," he whispered, dropping the pen onto the desk. "I don't know," he repeated, swallowing hard as he tried to calm his shaking.

"Come on," Yunho said gently, moving to close the journal and put the pen on top of it before getting Keonhee to stand and dragging him downstairs and out the back door after putting their shoes on.

"What are we doing?" Asked Keonhee as Yunho let go of his arm once they were outside. "Let's spar," said Yunho. "Spar?" Asked Keonhee. "I can feel the anger rolling off you in waves," said Yunho. "So let's spar," he said.

"You know I'm not a fighter Yunho, I did all the hunting in my pack," said Keonhee. "I'll go easy," Yunho said with a smirk, earning a scowl from Keonhee before Yunho initiated the spar, deciding to fight in human form. Keonhee quickly countered, blocking before spinning as he grabbed Yunho's arm and yanking him forward and over Keonhee as Keonhee flipped him onto his back.

"And you said you weren't a fighter," said Yunho as he stared up at Keonhee. "I'm not," said Keonhee. "I just know how to defend myself," he said, moving away as Yunho quickly got to his feet. Keonhee dodged more attacks from Yunho, delivering his own blows while doing so.

"You're really good for a non fighter," said Yunho as he dodged away from Keonhee. "I've learned from the best," said Keonhee as he jumped out of the way of Yunho tackling him.

 

~



"Where did you learn to spar like that damn," said Yunho when they were done, Yunho lying on his back trying to catch his breath with Keonhee sitting beside him. "Eric, Jacob and Kevin," said Keonhee as he shrugged. "I haven't had a good sparring partner like you in ages," hummed Yunho.

"I'm surprised, you seem like a good sparring partner," said Keonhee. "It's hard to differentiate between a spar and an actual hunt for me sometimes," said Yunho as he huffed, sitting up after catching his breath.

"Do you feel better now?" Asked Yunho as he turned to Keonhee. "Well," said Keonhee. "I'm not shaking anymore if that's what you're asking," he said. "Maybe I'll finally get a decent night's sleep," he hummed, looking thoughtful. "You probably will," said Yunho. "Next time it gets to that we'll spar again okay?" He asked. "Sure, I'm down," said Keonhee as he nodded.

 

~



Keonhee ended up making pho with Yunho to clear their heads, after getting a feel of what broth flavor the others had wanted. "If it's anything like your ramen, I'm sure it's delicious," commented Byungchan when Keonhee went to him about getting started on another recipe. "Beef is fine, get some meatballs too," he added. "Sure," said Keonhee as he nodded.

After getting the things they needed, even stopping by an Asian Supermarket for the meatballs and noodles Keonhee was looking for Yunho and Keonhee headed home to get started on the pho.

"So what is pho?" Asked Yunho. "It's basically Vietnamese Ramen?" Asked Keonhee. "It's not exactly that, but it's similar in a way," he said. "I see," said Yunho.

"We probably won't be able to eat this til tomorrow," said Keonhee as he stirred the soup base in the pot. "It takes a long time to make," he added. "Just the broth does right? I'm sure everything else only takes a few minutes," said Yunho. "Yep," said Keonhee.

Feeling eyes on him again, Keonhee turned from the stove to see Seoho sitting on the counter by the fridge again. "Hey, hey! Focus," said Yunho as he tried to get Keonhee's attention back on the big pot on the stove. "We need to focus okay?" He asked, going to stand in front of where Keonhee was looking. "We need to focus," he said.

"Right," said Keonhee as he took a deep breath. "Focus," he breathed. "It's just me," said Yunho. "No one else is here," he said. "It's okay," he said. "Right, right," said Keonhee as he took another deep breath before turning back to the stove.

Yunho mumbled something, causing Keonhee to look at him. "San?" Asked Keonhee. Yunho nodded. "He's- he says hi," he said. "Hello San," hummed Keonhee as he turned back to the stove. Yunho breathed out a sigh before turning to the vegetables on the kitchen island. "What do we need out of this pile?" He asked.

"Leave it," said Keonhee. "We'll let the others fix it the way they want it, just wash the vegetables and put them in a bowl," he said. "Right," said Yunho as he went to do so.

 

~



Keonhee turned out to be right, as the broth had to sit for hours before it was ready so Byungchan and the others were able to have some for lunch the next day. Seungsik didn't join them this time due to having to hunt, but this one was definitely another favorite amongst the pack that Keonhee had come to call home.

"Sejun's going to be mad that he missed this," said Subin as he shook his head. "He can have some when he gets home," said Keonhee. "I made sure to make enough for everyone," he added. "It's good though," he said. "I'm just not one to brag about my food so this is just normal for me," he said.

 

~



Why did Keonhee agree to spar in wolf form? This was insane. The difference between Yunho and his wolf was how much more violent his wolf form was. Keonhee was not a fighter whatsoever, hunting was more his style, but even he couldn't keep up with Yunho's brawler fighting style in his wolf form.

It suddenly made sense now, why no one liked sparring with Yunho. The difference between his human and his wolf form was significant. Keonhee dodged out of the way of the oncoming wolf, snarling in frustration. Yunho bared his teeth in response, launching himself forward and tackling Keonhee.

They tumbled around for a few seconds before Keonhee came out on top, grabbing Yunho by the neck and biting down slightly with a growl. Yunho knew he was able to get out of it if he wanted, but he conceded, huffing in defeat. Keonhee let go, moving away from Yunho who got to his feet, the both of them going to change before putting their clothes on and going to sit on the bench by the lake.

"You're doing better," said Yunho. "It seems so," hummed Keonhee. "You said you were a hunter?" Asked Yunho. "Back in my home pack I used to hunt for food," said Keonhee as he nodded. "My father taught me from a young age, as soon as I was running around on all four feet anyway," he added.

"My brother used to do the hunting for us too," said Yunho. "He was a natural at it apparently," he added. "I was too," hummed Keonhee. "I learned how to fight through my other packmates, I was never that good at it, but I was decent enough to be able to defend myself if needed," he said. "I see," hummed Yunho.