Chapter 18

From A Different Perspective

Dear Yunho,

This is my only letter to you.

I'm writing in English for this reason alone.

By the time this letter gets to you I'm probably dead, with Jangjun handing you this journal.

All I ask is for you to continue writing to Seoho, maybe get Dongju to do the same.

I knew we were mates since the beginning, but we all knew that it wasn't going to last.

Don't mourn my death, as I asked for this.

I'm sorry, that it came to this. Keep on living for me okay? You'll be fine. I promise.

-Keonhee

 

~



"So that's that huh?" Asked Yunho as he finished reading the last note in Keonhee's journal and closed the journal. "It is," hummed Jangjun.

"Did he suffer?" Asked Yunho. "No," said Jangjun. "We had fun in the last few weeks up to his death," he said.

"What did you do exactly?" Asked Yunho. "We went gator hunting in Louisiana with Jaehwan and his pack," said Jangjun. "We finished the season about two weeks before his death," he said. "He had a lot of fun doing so, and got to do something he enjoyed," he said. "That's good," said Yunho.

"So what caused you to get a wolf companion?" Asked Yunho. "I felt like I needed a friend, a bodyguard of sorts," Jangjun said, shrugging. "I don't treat him like one, but he's a good pup," he said. "I see," said Yunho. "His name is K," said Jangjun. "Hello K," said Yunho as he bent down in front of Keonhee and pat his head. Keonhee nuzzled his hand before stepping back, going to stand behind Jangjun.

"Sorry, he's a little shy," said Jangjun. "It's okay," said Yunho. "Thank you, for bringing me Keonhee's journal," he said. "I'll make sure to see if Dongju will start addressing Seoho in his journals too," he added. "I'm heading down there anyway," said Jangjun. "Keonhee left something for him too," he added. "I see," said Yunho.

"Also, this is for you," Jangjun said, giving Yunho a box. "I'll see you then," he added, turning and walking away. Keonhee watched Yunho for a second before turning and walking away, following after Jangjun.

 

~



Dear Dongju,

When you see this letter you probably heard the news of my death.

Yunho got the same letter, so don't bother asking Jangjun if he went there first. He probably went over to Yunho before coming to bring you this letter.

I'm sorry it had come to this. I didn't want to resort to this but my insanity was becoming unbearable. Continue the letters to Seoho for me please?

I'm writing in Thai for this. Even though I know you can't read this, but maybe Youngjo could translate for you. If he remembers how to read Thai. I don't know how far he got with Seoho before he died.

I'm sorry about your brother. I didn't know him, but I'm sure he was a good person.

Tell him I said hello okay?

Goodbye.

-Keonhee

 

~



Youngjo finished translating the letter and Dongju could only sit in stunned silence. "H-He did that huh?" Asked Dongju. Jangjun looked away, keeping a hand on Keonhee's head as Keonhee watched their reactions.

"I guess, that's it then," said Dongju as he closed his eyes, sighing as he did so. "Did he suffer?" He asked. "No," said Jangjun. "He was with me the entire time, we had fun down in Louisiana for a month as we helped Jaehwan with gator hunting," he said. "Good," said Dongju. "At least he was happy," he said, opening his eyes and looking at Jangjun.

"So who's the wolf?" Asked Dongju. "This is K," said Jangjun as he turned to Dongju. "I saved him some time ago from abusive owners," he said. "I see," said Dongju. "I guess that would explain the scar on the entire front of his body," he said.

"It's not hard to believe some owners would be that cruel to their pets," hummed Jangjun. "Of course not," said Dongju. "I just thought he looked familiar is all," he added. Jangjun shrugged. "I mean most normal wolves are hard to differentiate from werewolves," he said. "That is true," hummed Dongju.

"Ah, before I forget," said Jangjun as he brought out a folder from his bag. "When he wasn't journal writing he did draw apparently," he added. "So this is for you," he said, walking over and handing it to Dongju. Dongju looked surprised as he took the folder and started looking through it. "I see," he said. "Thank you," he added. Jangjun nodded, turning and walking back to Keonhee.

"Leaving already?" Asked Dongju. "We're on borrowed time," said Jangjun as he waved off Dongju. "I have to head back to Russia anyway, before we get stopped by the government and what not," he said. "Ah, good luck," called Dongju. Jangjun waved before sprinting off into the forest. Keonhee watched Dongju with his head tilted to the side in thought for a minute before turning and running after Jangjun.

"That's really Keonhee isn't it?" Asked Youngjo. "I have my suspicions," said Dongju. "But if this is what he chooses to do, I'm not stopping him," he said.

 

~



Jangjun took off Keonhee's collar, letting him return to human form. Keonhee stretched once he was in his human form, grunting as he stretched. "Well?" Asked Jangjun as he handed Keonhee his clothes.

"I think it went well," said Keonhee as he got dressed. "It looks like it," said Jangjun. "Let's head home then," he said. "We won't be travelling for a while, so it's up to you whether you want to keep the collar on when we reach home or not," he said.

"I think it'll be easier to stay in wolf form," said Keonhee. "You can write to Seoho I guess," he hummed. "Who do you think I've been writing to this entire time?" Asked Jangjun as he shrugged. "Really? But you didn't know him," said Keonhee. "I don't usually write to anyone to be honest with you, but I do see the appeal of writing these journals," said Jangjun. "So that's what I'm doing," he said.

"What do you even say to him?" Asked Keonhee. "I have a lot to say to be honest with you," said Jangjun. "I mostly throw all of my frustrations into one long post to him, but lately I've been talking about our adventures," he said. "Oh?" Asked Keonhee.

"I do enjoy your company," said Jangjun as he grinned at Keonhee. Keonhee shook his head. "I'm sure," he said. "No, really," said Jangjun. "I did enjoy your company," he said. "I wouldn't've had you stay with me for this long if I didn't," he said. "I see," said Keonhee.