Epilogue

From A Different Perspective

Dear Seoho,

It's been months since Keonhee decided to spend the rest of his time in wolf form.

It's Jangjun again by the way.

I left the coven in the time it took for me to write to you again. I'd go back to the Ukraine but apparently there's a war going on? I'm just going to leave that be and hang out around Berlin.

Youngtaek decided to go with us, and Daeyeol and Bomin also left. Seongyoon hated my decision, but let it go. He fought for Youngtaek though, but Youngtaek refuses to deal with Seongyoon now.

The thing about the chips is that the ones that we gave to Bomin, Youngtaek and Keonhee don't have kill switches. I don't think Seongyoon realizes that.

Sanctions around the world are lifting but this war is annoying. I hope it ends up fine, I'd like to go explore my home country for a bit. Let's see what happens hm?

-Jangjun

 

~



"How much longer are you going to just hang around?" Asked Moonbin as he brought over two coffees and sat down in front of Jangjun. "I don't have a coven to return to Moonbin, you know this," said Jangjun. "But you also know that I'm only here until I need to leave, I'm not intruding am I?" He asked. "No," said Moonbin. "But your 'shifter smell is is driving everyone nuts," he said.

"Sorry," said Jangjun. "I didn't choose to start changing now," he added. "It's no problem," said Moonbin. "How's K doing?" He asked. "Fine," said Jangjun as he looked down at Keonhee. Keonhee lifted his head to look up at Moonbin. "Yunho and Dongju were asking about him is all," said Moonbin as he shrugged, getting up and walking back to the counter. Jangjun shook his head, nudging Keonhee with his foot before taking a sip of coffee.

Youngtaek walked over and sat down, taking the other cup of coffee and taking a sip. "They figured it out huh?" He asked. "Dongju has, I don't know about Yunho," said Jangjun. "Hm," hummed Youngtaek.

"Also technically I'm a refugee?" Asked Jangjun as he looked at Moonbin who shrugged. "I guess you are, since you have a Ukrainian citizenship," said Moonbin. "Just stay out of trouble yeah?" He asked. "Sure sure," said Jangjun.

 

~



Dear Keonhee,

I know you asked me to write to Seoho, but I didn't know him so I'm here writing to you.

Dongju has his suspicions that you're alive, and I sort of believe it.

I'm not feeling the insanity that you did, even with Mingi back by my side. He says hello by the way.

I know you probably had your reasons for doing what you did. I'm not mad at you whatsoever, as this is something I know you had no choice but to do.

I've taken up hunting again, Mingi and I are gator hunting with Jaehwan and his pack this year. I think Jaehwan wanted to have Jangjun with him this year but he couldn't due to whatever's happening in Europe right now.

I've never gator hunted before, but from what I've been doing the passed few days since the start of the season we've been doing good. Mingi gets them into the boat and I just jam a nail in the head. It's easy enough.

I'll talk to you later, I guess.

-Yunho

 

~



"Okay we need to stop before we capsize this boat," said Mingi as he looked at the pile of alligators in the boat. "We're done anyway," said Yunho as he put his journal in their waterproof bag. "We'll leave the lines up for tomorrow, Jaehwan's expecting us back by now at least," he said, starting the boat engine and turning around in the water before heading back to their docking spot.

"God damn we got so much today," said Jaehwan as he met them at the docking spot. "Almost capsized the boat again," said Yunho as he drove the boat onto the trailer in the water before turning off the engine and hopping out. Mingi hopped out of the boat and walked over, whistling at the amount in Jaehwan's boat.

"Any news from the others?" Asked Yunho. "Ah, Jinyoung and Jihoon got a full boat load I heard," said Jaehwan. "Don't know how Seongwoo did with Jake this year but I'm sure we'll see how they do when we get to the processing center," he said.

"I'm surprised Jungwon let him hunt with you this year," said Yunho. "Not a lot of humans hunting this year apparently," said Jaehwan. "Still a bit iffy about whatever's happening to the world apparently," he said. "They have to make money somehow, and so do we," he said. "Let's get back to the processing center then," he said, going to get in his truck. Zuho waved to them before he sprinted off to go hunting and Mingi and Yunho waved back before getting into Yunho's jeep with Yunho driving.

"Good job this year," said Jaehwan as he high fived everyone. "We're already done with tags, and apparently that's it," he said. "I'll let the humans deal with the rest, so you guys can relax the rest of the season," he said.

"We're already on day what? 7?" Asked Yunho. "We're out of tags already?" He asked. "We'd have to go out of state to hunt more," said Jaehwan. "I'll let the humans get their chance to gator hunt, I don't want to run them out of their business," he said.

"Thanks for inviting me along," said Jake. "No problem," said Jaehwan. "Be careful on the way home," he added. Jake nodded and turned, running off and heading home.

"Good job everyone," said Jaehwan. "Tell Dongju and the others I said hello then," he said, turning to Yunho. Yunho nodded. "I will," he said.

 

~



Dear Seoho,

I'm finally getting around to writing to you.

I'm sorry it took so long, as I was busy writing to my brother for the last few entries while being busy with missions.

Yunho says hello, and I guess Keonhee does too?

I don't think he's really dead. Something about Jangjun's wolf companion makes me think it's actually Keonhee.

Keonhee left a drawing of you for me, I didn't know he could draw so well. I put it on the desk in my room. I still draw, but I haven't bothered drawing anything lately. I should probably draw something, a tribute to you two maybe?

How's my writing? I think I'll have Youngjo check it over to make sure my Thai is at least readable. I'm not even nowhere near home at the moment.

I'm in Austria with Hwanhee, as he had missions here. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to visit Seungwoo and Wooseok. Wooseok's done so much for us, I think you would've liked him.

I'll write again soon, I promise.

-Dongju

 

~



"You're doing better," said Wooseok as he sat beside Dongju who sat on the dock on the pond writing in his journal. "I'm doing a lot better," said Dongju as he looked up from his journal to look at Wooseok.

"So how's the old pack been?" Asked Wooseok as he looked out at the water. "They're fine," said Dongju. "Xiao's doing a decent enough job to keep everyone in their place," he said.

"You'd have to go and check on Jinwook though, his insanity is getting to him," he said. "Of course," said Wooseok as he sighed. "I'll go and see what's up later," he said. Dongju hummed in response, closing his journal and putting it in his bag before taking out his sketchbook and getting the inspiration to draw.

"What are you going to draw?" Asked Wooseok. "A tribute to Keonhee and Seoho," said Dongju as he started drawing. "Ah, I'll leave you be then," said Wooseok as he got up, stretching before turning and walking back to the house.

 

~



Dear Seoho,

I bet you didn't think you'd hear from me did you?

It's been so long since I was in human form, months maybe?

I'm doing fine, a lot better now.

I got a sketch in the mail from Dongju, did you know he drew a picture of us?

Ah, I'm living in Sweden with Jangjun now, as he decided to stay with Jacob and his side of the pack while Youngtaek got to live in Norway again.

Jangjun doesn't have a place to stay anymore so he asked to stay in Sweden for a while.

Time runs differently for me in wolf form. I barely notice what day, month or even year it is anymore.

This contract thing is working at least, I'm in a state of sleep unless I'm around people I know. Jangjun is kind to me, and so is Youngtaek.

Jacob and the others are understanding of my situation at least, though I worry about Kevin sometimes.

I think everyone does

His condition seems to be worsening, but I don't know. I don't know much about the 'shifters anyway.

Don't take this the wrong way, I DO care, but I just don't know what's wrong. I don't think anyone else does either.

This may be the last time I write to you, so I leave you with this final goodbye.

Goodbye Gunmin.

-Keonhee

 

~



"You seem ready," said Jangjun as he walked over. "I am," said Keonhee as he closed the journal for the last time, hooking his trusty pen to it and handing it to Jangjun. Jangjun took it, turning away as Keonhee started to strip.

"Where are we going?" Asked Keonhee. "Home," said Jangjun. "At least, for a while," he hummed. "To the Ukraine?" Asked Keonhee as he stretched one last time. "Yep," said Jangjun. "Well, I'll be with you where ever you go," said Keonhee before he changed, landing on four feet in wolf form.

"I know you will," said Jangjun as he turned around, going to put the collar around Keonhee before packing up his clothes. "Let's go then," he said, sprinting off. Keonhee huffed, following after him.