Chapter 10

From A Different Perspective

Dear Seoho,

Detroit is nice, I think I'll come stay again when I eventually come back to the US. I asked Taehyun to book me a flight to Russia using my card since I left my phone back in Toronto. I'll probably get a new one when I end up in Russia, I'll just have to talk to someone about it. The Russian coven is in Moscow I think, I don't remember.

Yunho still hasn't figured out where I am yet, thankfully. I hope he doesn't follow me all the way to Russia. He deserves better than to have to deal with my insanity. They may think he is helping me but I don't think he does. Do you? I really don't think so.

Something about being here is nice though. I hope to

 

~



Keonhee looked up when Sungwoon walked over with a cup of coffee for him. "Thanks," hummed Keonhee as he closed his journal and attached his trusty pen to the strap before putting it on the table. He took a sip of coffee as Sungwoon walked away.

"It's a nice day isn't it," said Taehyun as he sat in front of Keonhee. "Yep," hummed Keonhee as he put the cup on the table. "Here's your plane ticket," said Taehyun as he passed over a piece of paper with all the information. "It turns out you had enough to get a ticket straight to Moscow," he said. "You'll be leaving in a few days I suppose," he added. "Yes," said Keonhee as he read through the contents on the paper.

"So is there a reason you're hiding from Yunho and his pack?" Asked Taehyun. "He doesn't deserve to be put through my mess again," said Keonhee. "I don't plan on returning to Canada until I'm dead," he said. "So I'm going to seek refuge with the vampires in Moscow," he said.

"Daeyeol is with them right?" Asked Taehyun. "Yeah," said Keonhee. "His brother is Sungyeol you know," said Taehyun. "I know that," said Keonhee. "Sungyeol let him know I was coming back," he said. "I see," said Taehyun.

"I was able to come back towards the states thanks to that connection," said Keonhee. "And now you're using that same connection to head back," said Taehyun. "Yep," hummed Keonhee.

 

~



Keonhee sighed as he laid down on the couch, staring up at the ceiling. He was due to leave tomorrow, and part of him was relieved. The other part wanted him to go back, but Keonhee refused to subject Yunho to this mess he was in any longer. Yunho didn't deserve to suffer through his own turmoil any longer.

"You're too stupid you know," said Seoho as he leaned against the couch Keonhee was laying on. "Go away," groaned Keonhee as he turned to face the back of the couch. "I don't want to deal with you right now," he said.

"When will you realize that Yunho is your mate huh?" Asked Seoho. "I said, shut up," growled Keonhee. "What happened to being quiet?" He asked. "I'm only talking because your mind is making me talk," said Seoho. "You know I'm a hallucination," he said. "I just want you to shut up, is that hard to understand?" Asked Keonhee.

"If only it was that simple," said Seoho. "Your mind is making me talk, you know this, and I can't do a thing about it," he said.

 

~



Keonhee sighed as he stood in the airport, staring out at the plane that would take him to Moscow. He had gotten word that they had started actively looking for him so Keonhee knew it was time for him to go now. This was his last chance at freedom and he knew there would be no other option after he was found here.

Taehyun had kept them out of Detroit due to the fact that Toronto's problems still weren't resolved and he didn't want to deal with the aftermath if he continued to ally himself with some of the packs that lived in and around Toronto. Keonhee was sure that the pack in Chicago had gone through the same lengths to keep outsiders out of their city.

"You're going through such lengths to stay away, but you know better than to stay away Keonhee," came a voice as Hwanhee walked over, going to stand next to Keonhee. "Of course it'd be you that finds me," Keonhee said with a scoff, shaking his head at Hwanhee.

"I won't tell them where you're going," said Hwanhee. "I'm headed to Moscow also, but I'm not going after the coven that you're seeking refuge with," he said. "I see," hummed Keonhee. "What made you come to Detroit?" He asked. "Taehyun asked me to check on the vampires in the neighboring city, make sure that they're keeping their word and such," said Hwanhee. "I see," hummed Keonhee.

"What class are you in?" Asked Hwanhee. "Economy," said Keonhee. "Why?" He asked. "Was curious is all," hummed Hwanhee. "You're in business?" Asked Keonhee. "First class, actually," said Hwanhee. "Damn," said Keonhee. Hwanhee shrugged, like it wasn't a big deal.

 

~



Keonhee sat in his seat, the row empty at least, after putting his bag in the overhead compartment and grabbing his journal after putting down the tray table. He looked at the most recent entry, wondering what he was even writing about before he had to leave Detroit. He opened the journal and took his trusty pen into his hand and started writing.
 

~



I hope to what? I don't remember what I was writing. It's been a few days since I wrote in this journal so I'm just gonna complete this entry since I don't want to leave you hanging.

I'm on my way to Moscow now, sitting on a plane ready to sign my life away.

Maybe I'll still be fine

Who knows at this point. I'm going to sign my life away anyway, so this is nothing new.

I don't want to deal with you anymore, and I don't want to deal with Yunho anymore. This is for his own good.

-Keonhee

 

~



Hours later Keonhee landed in Moscow, being woken by a flight attendant shaking him awake. He looked at the tray table in front of him, seeing the journal before closing it and putting his pen in his usual spot before closing the tray table and getting up. He went to get his bag from the overhead compartment and put his journal in it and zipping it up before leaving the plane.

Hwanhee waited on him, the corners of his lips going up in a small grin as Keonhee spotted him. "Thanks for waiting?" Asked Keonhee as he walked over. "I thought I'd wait on you, since we're going the same way," said Hwanhee as he walked with Keonhee down to baggage claim.

"Do you know where to meet them?" Asked Keonhee. "I do," hummed Hwanhee as he went to grab his backpack as it went down the line. "The cathedral right?" He asked. "Yeah," said Keonhee. "Did you let them know we arrived?" He asked. "I did," said Hwanhee.

As they left the airport Keonhee turned to Hwanhee. "You didn't let him know I was here right?" He asked. "No," said Hwanhee. "I kept my word," he added. "Good," said Keonhee.

"He is going to wonder where you are though," said Hwanhee. "I know, I was told they were going to look for me everywhere now," said Keonhee. "Russia is a good place to be if you want to hide," hummed Hwanhee.

 

~



Keonhee and Hwanhee entered the cathedral, going to sit at the second to last pew in the back to wait on Daeyeol, or whoever was in his coven, to show up. They were sitting there for a few minutes before someone did, sitting behind them.

"I know what Keonhee is here for," said Daeyeol as he leaned forward to talk to them. "But what brings you here Hwanhee?" He asked. "We happened to catch the same flight," said Hwanhee. "I know where my missions are, and I thought I'd accompany Keonhee while he doesn't have a phone," he said.

"You're no longer needed," said Daeyeol. "I know," hummed Hwanhee. "I'm going to stay around the city for a few days, if you don't mind," he said. "That's fine," said Daeyeol. "Just be sure to let us know when you leave," he said. "Sure," said Hwanhee.