Chapter 12

From A Different Perspective

Dear Seoho,

Hi, I'm Jangjun?

I'm writing for Keonhee until he can get used to having the chip controlling his emotions. I'm going to be writing with this pen now, though I don't think there will be much of a difference. The only difference is ink color, which I decided on red since I'm a vampire.

I should introduce myself shouldn't I?

Well, the name's Jangjun. I'm part of the Russian coven who is controlling a part of Moscow and most of St Petersburg. I'm not originally from Russia, I'm actually from the Ukraine, and kind of moved into Russia after being turned.

Hm... What else?

I can speak Russian and English, though my Russian accent when speaking English is a bit less noticeable since I've had years to work out how to pronounce English words right, according to native English speakers from the states and Britain. It's not noticeable compared to Seongyoon anyway, who's native Russian, and Daeyeol isn't even from Russia. I think he said he's from Poland or something.

As for their pets, well.

I think Bomin said he was from Hungary. He's a fox 'shifter by the way. Him and Daeyeol are practically attached at the hips you'd think they were mates or something. I don't think they are, I'm observant enough to see something like THAT at least.

Youngtaek said he was from Norway when I met him. I kind of see it, he occasionally mutters something in Norwegian when pissed off. I think. I don't pay much attention to him or Bomin to be honest with you. He's also a fox 'shifter, though I think Bomin is older.

Daeyeol and I are pretty close friends, at least compared to my friendship with Seongyoon. I don't know where our relationship is going there. Seongyoon just seems like the mom of our coven. Is it that weird to say that? I don't know.

Well that's enough of me and my coven for the time being. I'll update you on Keonhee whenever he decides to start responding to anything at this point.

-Jangjun

 

~



"You've been writing for a while," called Kevin as he walked over, looking up at the tree Jangjun was sitting in. "Sorry, I had to figure out what to write first," said Jangjun as he closed the journal, hooking the pen to the strap before putting it in the bag laying across his chest before hopping down, landing in front of Kevin who took a step back.

"Where's Keonhee?" Asked Jangjun. "He's back at the house, he won the race by the way," Kevin said with a shake of his head. Jangjun smirked. "I told you he's fast," he said as he started walking back with Kevin.

Juyeon looked exhausted as he leaned against the deck railing, glaring at Keonhee who was leaning against one of the stair railings leading off the deck waiting on Keonhee. "I get you're the fastest, but Keonhee was a hunter," said Jangjun. "From what I understand anyway," he added. "He had to be quick on his feet to make sure no prey got away," he said. "Though, he's still not as fast as a vampire while in human form anyway," he added.

"You're not utilizing him enough," said Kevin. "I am actually," said Jangjun. "I just know how to defend myself," he added. "I agreed to take him in, but it doesn't mean he's stuck by my side constantly," he said. "I'm giving him enough time to adjust, which isn't for much longer," he said, taking off his pack and throwing it at Keonhee who caught it and put it on. "I'm going to hunt, behave yourself now," he said. Keonhee nodded and Jangjun turned, rushing into the forest to hunt.

 

~



Keonhee was a changed person, but a small part of him was still there. He knew that, and he was sure that Jangjun knew that. He could feel little to no emotions now, but he still felt Seoho's presence. It seemed they were one now, or Keonhee finally moved on from Seoho's death. He no longer saw Seoho, but it seemed his insanity turned into strength, and it really helped him keep his emotions in check. This was exactly what he was looking for in terms of finally escaping everything.

"You hungry?" Asked Kevin as he walked over to Keonhee who was now sitting on the couch in the house. Keonhee shrugged not feeling hungry for the moment. "Okay," said Kevin. "We're ordering pizza so come get it when it gets here," he said. Keonhee nodded.

 

~



Jangjun found himself being chased, finding it weird that a pair of 'shifters would be chasing after him when Kevin had told the rest of his pack that he was here. It seemed to be Donghyun and Jibeom but why would they be chasing him?

Jangjun jumped over a log, going into a front flip as he landed on the ground on his back. The two coyotes quickly converged on him, causing Jangjun to quickly get to his feet, moving back and tripping over the log. He closed his eyes, ready to accept his fate when he heard footsteps, a snarl erupting from something from his left and Kevin's voice nearby.

"Donghyun, Jibeom," said Kevin. "I thought I told you that he's harmless," he said. Jangjun opened his eyes to see Keonhee, now in his wolf form with slightly darker fur thanks to him redyeing his hair black, standing protectively in front of Jangjun with his teeth bared at the two coyotes in front of him.

Kevin sat on Juyeon's back, Juyeon being in his wolf form, glaring down at Donghyun and Jibeom. Jibeom was the first to change back, quickly trying to explain himself.

"We were smelling 'shifters, and thought that Jangjun had killed someone," said Jibeom. "Why would I do that?" Asked Jangjun as he got to his feet, walking over to Keonhee and patting him on the head to calm him down. "You're getting the strange stench a fox 'shifter has," said Jibeom. "We honestly thought we either had an intruder or you killed someone," he said. Jangjun blinked in surprise.

"We'll deal with it later," said Kevin. "Go on home, there's pizza at the house," he said. Donghyun snorts before turning and running back to the house. Jibeom sighed and changed, soon following after Donghyun.

"Go finish your hunt, I'll make sure you're not disturbed," said Kevin as he turned to Jangjun. "Right," hummed Jangjun as he nodded. "Go back then," he said, looking down at Keonhee. Keonhee nodded, turning to Juyeon who after some encouragement from Kevin turned and ran back to the house. Keonhee followed after him. Jangjun watched them go before turning and running a different direction, going back to hunting.