Chapter 13

From A Different Perspective

Dear Seoho,

I'm starting to see the appeal of writing these journals now.

It's still me, Jangjun by the way.

Keonhee said he might start writing again soon, but we'll see what happens.

We left Kevin's territory a few days ago, we're in route to Berlin, but I stopped to write in this journal for a bit before moving on to let Keonhee get some rest. I think we're somewhere in Estonia. I'm staring out at the ocean looking at Finland now.

At least, I think that's Finland.

According to the others I'm starting to smell like a fox 'shifter. I don't know why, nor do I really care to know why. If I'm a 'shifter I'm a 'shifter.

Though I'm VERY surprised it took this long to start changing. Or, start the process of changing anyway.

I am ready to accept it I guess. I'll be like the mutts in Canada anyway. Which I guess is cool. I don't know.

-Jangjun

 

~



Jangjun stretched when he was done writing, quickly grabbing the journal before it fell out of his lap. Keonhee was laying beside him in wolf form, still sleeping, as Jangjun closed the journal and put it in the bag, zipping it up before getting to his feet. He walked down to the water, letting his shoes get wet as he leaned down and let the water flow through his hand as he pressed down in the sand with his hand. He lifted his hand and watched as water quickly filled the gap as the waves hit the shore.

Jangjun quickly grabbed his phone and took a picture of the handprint before it faded away and added a caption saying "Estonia!" before putting the phone back in the bag, zipping it up and standing, turning and walking over to where Keonhee was, who woke up as Jangjun walked back over to him.

"Ready?" Asked Jangjun. Keonhee got to his feet, stretching and nodding as he straightened up. "Keep up with me dog," Jangjun said with a smirk before he ran off, Keonhee huffing in annoyance as he pushed himself to run after Jangjun.

 

~



After hunting and giving Keonhee back his clothes so he could change and put them on Jangjun entered Berlin with Keonhee directly behind him to his left. "I'm pretty sure your friends aren't here, I made sure of it before we left Finland," said Jangjun as Keonhee looked around the city.

"Also you know you can speak in my presence right?" Asked Jangjun as he turned to Keonhee. "I know," said Keonhee as his voice was now flat and expressionless. "I don't talk much now because I don't know how that would go with the chip in my brain," he said. "Well, it's not changing much," said Jangjun as he turned and kept walking with Keonhee following after him.

"Why are we here again?" Asked Keonhee. "We're getting my papers," said Jangjun. "I have yours in the bag you came over to Russia with," he added. "We're heading to the states, and don't worry we're avoiding Canada," he said. "Jaehwan needed me for something, so we're headed down to his territory," he said. "Just be prepared to run into them, if they're there," he said. "Right," hummed Keonhee.

"What a surprise," said Moonbin as he spotted Jangjun and Keonhee as they entered the coffee shop. "Hey Moonbin," said Jangjun as Keonhee ducked his head, bowing slightly in greeting.

"They're looking for your pet you know," said Moonbin as Jangjun went to pay for two coffees. "I know," said Jangjun. "Keonhee is preparing himself for when that happens," he added. "I'm sure," said Moonbin as he rang up two coffees and handed the cups to Sanha and Yuto to make the coffee. "I'll be over with your papers in a second," he said. Jangjun nodded and went to sit down on one of the comfortable chairs, with Keonhee sitting at a table nearby.

Moonbin came over with the coffees, handing one to Keonhee before sitting in front of Jangjun with the other coffee. Jangjun looked at the coffee before grabbing the cup and taking a sip.

"Here's your papers and plane tickets," said Moonbin as he passed over an envelope. "Thank you," said Jangjun as he took the envelope and looked at its contents. He put it in his bag after making sure everything was good to go. "We'll leave tonight then," said Jangjun. "Spend the day in the coffee shop, you can leave later," said Moonbin. "Why not," said Jangjun as he leaned back in his chair, taking another sip of coffee.

 

~



Keonhee drank his coffee, keeping to himself as he waited until it was time to go. He was ready for the trip, and ready for the eventual confrontation with Yunho and Dongju. Jangjun wasn't too worried about the confrontation, as it had nothing to do with him, but he was not about to let Keonhee wander off.

As they got onto the plane and settled into their business class seats Keonhee suddenly had a thought. "I know you're in charge, but what happens when I want to leave?" Asked Keonhee as he turned to Jangjun. "I'll let you go," Jangjun said, shrugging. "I'm not going to keep you around if you choose to leave," he said. "Okay," said Keonhee.

 

~



Keonhee woke when he felt someone shaking him, opening his eyes to look at Jangjun. "We're here," said Jangjun. "Okay," said Keonhee as he got up, making sure he had everything before leaving with Jangjun.

"Where are we?" Asked Keonhee. "Houston," said Jangjun. "I told you we're nowhere near the north," he said. "Right," said Keonhee. "Sorry, I'm just apprehensive," he said. "No problem," said Jangjun. "We're heading to Louisiana now so," he said, shrugging before walking away. Keonhee quickly walked after him, immediately taking his spot behind Jangjun as they left the airport.

Once they were out of the city Keonhee stripped and changed while Jangjun put his clothes into the bag and off they went, towards Jaehwan's territory.