Chapter 8

From A Different Perspective

Dear Seoho,

San's made his presence known, I think Dongju may come up to snap Yunho out of it. I don't know how he'll do it but I think it'll involve me in some way.

Apparently this isn't doing good for his mental state, so does that mean me seeing you is not good for mine either?

Will you ever talk to me like San does apparently? It'd be nice to not have someone unable to speak for once.

I wonder why you don't talk

Is it because of guilt? What guilt would I feel?

I don't know anymore

I just wish

 

~



Keonhee looked up when he felt eyes on him, crossing his left leg over his right knee as he set the journal down on his leg. He looked around as he clicked the pen closed, tapping it against the paper.

Sejun was making coffee for someone, and Byungchan and Chani were in their corner having a quiet conversation. "God, I must be going crazy," mumbled Keonhee as he closed the journal, hooking the strap to the front and hooking his trusty pen to the strap before putting the journal on the table. He took a sip of his Frappuccino before putting it back on the table.

"What, are you going crazy for your sense of being watched going off?" Came a voice as Seoho sat in front of Keonhee. Keonhee blinked in confusion before shaking his head and rubbing his eyes with his hands to make sure he was really seeing Seoho in front of him. When he moved his hands away Seoho was gone, and Keonhee breathed a sigh of relief before taking a sip of his drink.

Keonhee nearly jumped out of his chair when someone tapped him on the shoulder and Keonhee quickly put his drink down on the table before it spilled and turned to the person who had walked up to him.

"You okay?" Asked Dongju as Keonhee tried to catch his breath. "I-I," said Keonhee as he blinked several times. "I'm fine," he said after a minute, slumping back against the chair he was sitting in.

"Where's Yunho?" Asked Dongju. "He's running errands," said Keonhee. "But I came here with Byungchan and Sejun today," he said. "I see," hummed Dongju.

"What brings you up to Toronto?" Asked Keonhee. "Missions," hummed Dongju as he sat down across from Keonhee, glancing at the journal on the table before looking at Hwanhee who had come to join them, sitting between Dongju and Keonhee.

"Things are changing again," said Hwanhee as he crossed his arms over his chest. "Of course they are," hummed Keonhee as he sighed. "What's changing now?" He asked. "I don't know exactly," said Hwanhee. "But I'm sure we'll find out soon enough," he said.

 

~



Yunho walked into the Starbucks a bit later, looking around for a second before going to get his order and walking over to sit down beside Keonhee who was reading through his journal. Dongju and Hwanhee were still sitting with him, Dongju writing in his own journal and Hwanhee looking through his phone.

"So what'd I miss?" Asked Yunho. "Not much really," said Keonhee as he closed his journal, making sure to put the strap and his trusty pen in their correct spot. "How's San doing?" Asked Dongju as he didn't look up from his journal. "I don't know," said Yunho. "Isn't he with you?" He asked. "Ah, the plushie is fine," said Dongju as he nodded.

"Other San is gone," said Yunho. "I've had time to grieve," he added. "Good," said Dongju as he finished writing, putting the journal and pen back in his bag. "I thought I'd have to come up here to snap you out of it again," he said. "Just don't go crazy on me alright?" He asked. "Hey, no promises," said Yunho as he let out a light chuckle. "I haven't outlived my usefulness yet," he said.

"Dongmyeong talked about Gunil in his journal," said Dongju as he grabbed the old journal and flipping to some of the earlier pages. "I don't know how he got to know Gunil but they've had a few missions together," he said.

"Gunil was one of the most well known hunters at the time," said Yunho. "He believed that he was as successful as he was due to his usefulness in the field," he said. "His coven is still alive I think, but you'd have to ask Chani about that," he added.

"Wait, so you've had only one official vampire kill under your belt?" Asked Hwanhee. "Officially? Yes," said Yunho. "Gunil was my only kill, but only due to it being his time to die, as he put it," he said.

"What caused that sort of state of mind with him anyway?" Asked Dongju. "I don't know honestly," said Yunho. "I never asked him," he said. "But it probably has to do with how he was turned and whatnot," he said.

"It seems you've adopted that mindset," said Dongju. "As long as I'm alive, I have to serve a purpose in life," said Yunho. "I've always had this mindset," he said. "Gunil's just been alive longer," he said.

 

~



Keonhee sat down with his journal in hand, determined to finish this letter. After getting home with Byungchan and Sejun Keonhee had immediately rushed up to the room he was sharing with Yunho and sat on the bed, leaning against the headboard, to write while Yunho was sitting at the desk writing in his journal. Maybe this time he wouldn't be interrupted.

Keonhee picked up his pen, turning to the most recent entry he had stopped at and started writing.

 

~



I was in your place.

Would things have been any different for you?

I don't know.

How much would have really changed if we had changed places?

What would you be doing now if you were in this spot instead of me? Probably doing the same as I'm doing now.

I've learned a lot of things about Yunho and his past. I've gotten to know San through him, and various people I never knew that he got to know throughout his years of hunting.

Dongju came to visit, did you know? He had missions but with Hwanhee there they had gotten things done pretty quickly.

I don't know how long they're staying here for but Byungchan said they were welcome to stay at the pack house for the duration of their stay.

I can't even think of returning to Dongju and the others. Even if they offered.

Byungchan was wary with me at first, but Yunho gave me a chance. I'm forever grateful that he did.

I guess being with him was better than the alternative

-Keonhee