Chapter 3

From A Different Perspective

Dear Seoho,

I'm in Roanoke now, I decided on the small vacation when Yunho decided to visit Dongju. Did you know that he and the others in the old pack live with a pack of 'shifters now? Their leader is named Xiao, and he's a wolf 'shifter.

I haven't seen the old pack in forever. I hope they can see that I've changed. I've worked hard to prove to them that I've changed anyway. It's nice here. I may move here when I feel the need to move on. Or at least, somewhere further south than Toronto.

I know Gunhak won't forgive me, but I wonder if the others would be willing to give me a second chance? I have a feeling they would've done it for you.

-Keonhee

 

~



Keonhee put down the notebook, tapping the pen against his cheek as he reread what he wrote. "What sort of god out there would let me back into the old pack?" He asked, looking out the window of his hotel room. He got off the window sill and went to put the notebook and pen back into his carryon bag.

"You've got to stop showing up randomly," Keonhee said, scowling at Seoho who sat on one of the beds. "I don't know why you don't talk, but I'd rather not deal with you right now," he said.

"Keonhee," came a voice from outside the room. "What's up?" Asked Keonhee as he went to open the door, seeing Yunho and Dongju standing at the door. "We're heading out to go shopping, did you want to come with us?" Asked Yunho. "Sure," said Keonhee before he turned around and went to grab his phone and wallet that held his hotel key. He headed out the door, trying his best to ignore the hallucination of Seoho on the bed. Yunho put a hand on his shoulder and led him out the door, Dongju closing the door behind them.

 

~



"I always wondered what it was like over where you're staying," said Keonhee as he walked with Dongju. "It's not too different to be honest," said Dongju. "Xiao doesn't step in much when concerning us and the others just leave us alone," he said. "It's like we live on different floors of the house, with the 'shifters upstairs and us downstairs," he said.

"You get along fine with them though?" Asked Keonhee. "Of course," said Dongju. "If we didn't I think Gunhak wouldn't've accepted the offer of moving back in," he said. "Changhyun and Hwanhee are the hunters in their pack, and I'm the hunter in ours," he said. "We kind of just keep the peace," he added. "I see," hummed Keonhee.

"So where were you after everything?" Asked Dongju. "I was travelling Europe for a bit, then I just wandered over to the states after using what money I had left to get a plane ticket here," said Keonhee. "I wandered around after that, and ended up near Toronto where Yunho found me," he said.

"Things have certainly changed," said Yunho as he walked over, going to stand beside Keonhee. "I don't mind the vampires taking over Toronto, Chani has a good judgement of things over there," he said. "So much has changed, that the vampire and werewolf hunting associations had to change their laws again," said Dongju as he sighed.

"What could we do?" Asked Yunho. "Nothing," hummed Dongju. "Your main pack leader was a douche bag anyway," he added. Yunho hummed in response.

"So what'd he get caught doing? I never heard about it until I joined Yunho's pack," said Keonhee. "Kris was caught doing some very illegal things," said Yunho. "Normally the government would be fine with it but too many people started noticing," he said.

"Illegal as in black market illegal or depths of the dark web illegal?" Asked Keonhee. "Illegal as in "can destroy government infrastructure" illegal," said Yunho. "Yeesh," said Keonhee.

"All the generals were right in immediately cutting ties with him," said Yunho. "But all the subpacks left, except for MK and I," he said. "I'm still with Byungchan and MK decided to stay with JR," he said.

"I was wondering why Hongjoong showed up randomly to tell us he and the others were leaving," said Dongju. "He said you were staying though, for Byungchan's sake," he said. "I couldn't leave him or his side of the pack by themselves when I was the only hunter," said Yunho.

"Things have gone to hell up north, but Byungchan is sure that it'll die down soon," said Yunho. "I didn't think it was that bad," said Dongju. "It's why I've stayed," said Yunho. "With the new laws coming in I had to stay for their sake," he said.

 

~



A sigh left Keonhee as he entered his hotel room, the door closing behind him as he looked around after dropping his bags near the door and taking off his shoes. Seoho was gone for the time being, something Keonhee was glad to see. His mind seemed clear for the first time in months, so Keonhee was able to relax. He flopped down on his bed and threw an arm over his eyes, letting himself fall asleep.
 

~



Keonhee grumbled when he heard loud knocking on the door, waking up with a start as he sat up. "I'm coming I'm coming," he shouted, getting up and going to open the door, spotting Gunhak standing at the door. "Oh," was all he said, blinking a couple times before remembering to move to let Gunhak in and closing the door behind him.

Gunhak looked around the room before going to sit down on the chair by the window as Keonhee turned to look at him.

"What brings you here?" Asked Keonhee. "Just came to see how you were doing," said Gunhak. "I didn't believe Xion when he said you've changed," he said.

"My time away from the pack as a whole has changed me," said Keonhee as he schooled his expression to be blank. "To be honest I don't know why you came to visit me in the middle of the night," he said, going to grab his phone to look at the time before sitting on his bed to face Gunhak.

"I just wanted to see how you were doing," said Gunhak. "That's it?" Asked Keonhee as he looked skeptical. "Because there's usually another reason for something like a casual visit," he said.

"I-," started Gunhak. "No," said Keonhee. "If you're here to ask me to rejoin the pack my answer is no," he said. "I'm doing fine on my own, and I'm doing even better under Yunho's pack," he said. "I'm going to live with my mistakes for the rest of my life, but you banished me," he said. "I'm not returning," he said.

"-If you'd let me finish," said Gunhak as Keonhee nododed for him to continue. "I was going to ask if you wanted to come visit the old pack for a couple days?" He asked.

"They want me to come visit?" Asked Keonhee. "After some debate we decided that even though you were banished you do deserve to come visit with Yunho," said Gunhak.

"I guess I'll come visit in the morning," said Keonhee. "You can send Yunho over in the morning," he said. "But if I find out this is a trick I'm leaving," he said. "With or without Yunho," he added. "Fine," said Gunhak.