Chapter 7

From A Different Perspective

Dear Seoho,

I'm sorry. I bet you read the other letters and looked at me like I was crazy. I'm feeling a lot better now I think. Sparring has helped my mental state a lot. So has cooking apparently.

I forget how much I enjoyed cooking, it was nice to have someone to cook for for once. I guess I'll keep going with this pack and see what happens. It looks like I'll be here a while anyway. I don't know what will happen next, but I want to try and make it out of this.

I just want to move on.

Will you let me move on?

I need to move on.

Please let me move on.

I don't want to deal with these thoughts anymore

It'll be easier on my mind.

Please.

I beg you

-Keonhee

 

~



Keonhee let out a breath, setting down his pen and closing the notebook. He could feel eyes on him but he refused to look in the direction of where he assumed Seoho was. Yunho was not at the house for once, as he had to take over a shift at Chani's Starbucks while Sejun had to do something.

It had been months since the last letter, and Keonhee was still battling with his emotions. Being under Gunhak made him just mask everything but now he was in a different pack and different mental state entirely. He needed to bring in his emotions again, but being here, being in this pack in general made him lose control over what he managed to build up over the two or three years he was on his own. Time never seemed to bother Keonhee when he was on his own.

Keonhee felt something, a weird feeling that had him get up from his desk and walk downstairs, spotting Byungchan in the kitchen talking on the phone.

"I understand, I'll pass along the word," said Byungchan before hanging up the phone. "What's up?" Asked Keonhee as Byungchan turned to him. "We lost another hunter," said Byungchan.

"Who is it?" Asked Keonhee. "Jae," said Byungchan. "Of Sungjin's pack?" Asked Keonhee. "Didn't know you knew of their pack," said Byungchan. "I spent a lot of time in Europe," said Keonhee. "I spent about 3 months in Spain getting to know Sungjin and his pack," he said.

"Yunho helped train them," said Byungchan. "At least, he helped train Jae," he said. "Jae was on his way to being a vampire and a werewolf hunter, as he felt like he wasn't doing much," he said.

"Did he leave?" Asked Keonhee. "No," said Byungchan. "Dojoon killed him," he said. "Of Woosung's pack?" Asked Keonhee. "That's going to drive a rift into the pack dynamics," he said.

"I think he doesn't want it to happen," said Byungchan. "But it's going to happen," he added. "We'll have to see," said Keonhee.

 

~



Yunho wasn't expecting the news, but he just had a feeling that something had happened to someone he had trained. When Byungchan came to him with the news Yunho nearly lost it, going to spar with Keonhee out back to vent his frustration. Keonhee wouldn't let him win until Yunho had calmed down of course.

It was a good half an hour before Keonhee stopped the spar, moving away and letting Yunho fall onto his back onto the ground with a thump. "I needed that," said Yunho as Keonhee moved into his view. "Good," said Keonhee. "I wasn't going to let you win that," he said, earning a bitter laugh from Yunho. "Okay," said Yunho. "Sure," he said.

 

~



San's presence was felt again, as Yunho tried to get over the fact that someone that close to him was killed. According to Byungchan this had happened when one of their own had left, back when all four generals were still together as a pack anyway.

Yunho had shown Keonhee what San looked like thanks to a picture Dongju had drawn for him before he came back. At least, now Keonhee had a face to a name whenever San did show up for anything. Apparently they had long conversations too, but Keonhee tended to tune Yunho out when San was around.

Byungchan and the others just went with it, knowing that San would disappear eventually and Yunho would be back to normal. As normal as it could get anyway.

 

~



"Yeah, I remember him," hummed Yunho as he sat on the back deck cleaning his rifle. "Gunil is the reason I got into using the sniper rifle, I thought you knew this," he said, looking at a spot across the back deck from him.

Keonhee was laying down on one of the benches reading a book while this conversation was happening, only half listening to the conversation since it didn't involve him in it yet. Though, the name was new to him, Gunil was not a name Keonhee recognized in the slightest.

"Who is Gunil?" Asked Keonhee as he sat up, putting the book in his lap as he flipped a page. "He was my mentor," said Yunho as he examined the rifle barrel he had been cleaning. "My gun is named after him," he said, taking a look at the trigger to make sure it was thoroughly cleaned. He grabbed some compressed air and blew it in all the crevices to make sure it was clean before putting the gun on the table in front of him and going to clean the clip and scope.

"Would I know him?" asked Keonhee. "No, he's dead," hummed Yunho. "Killed on my initiation mission actually," he added. "Ouch," said Keonhee. "I was the one to kill him, with this rifle," said Yunho as he shrugged, like it wasn't a big deal.

"He wasn't unhinged or anything, he just outlived his usefulness in the werewolf hunting association, as he put it," said Yunho as Keonhee thought it over. "Oh, that makes sense, I think," said Keonhee. Yunho nodded, finishing the cleaning and putting the rifle scope back on and the clip back into the rifle even if it was empty.

"Done?" Asked Keonhee as he looked up from his book. "Yep," said Yunho as he got up and went to put the rifle away before coming back and folding the table up and putting that away. Keonhee was left to sit there for a few minutes before Yunho came back with his phone. Keonhee got up and walked with Yunho to sit down at the bench by the lake. Keonhee left some space for San as Yunho stared out at the lake.

"No, I don't think so," hummed Yunho. "What's up?" Asked Keonhee as he continued reading. "San was asking if Mingi would come back anytime soon," said Yunho. "Oh," said Keonhee. "Yeah, I don't think he'll be back this soon," he said.