Chapter 15

From A Different Perspective

Dear Seoho,

5 gators the first day, 15 total the next, 30 total by the end of the week.

Well, 30 combined. Jangjun and I got 5 the first day, Jaehwan got about 7 or 8? I don't remember. We've been at this for about 2 weeks now. Jaehwan's looking to see if we can get a few more spots because I think we cleaned out this river.

Jangjun is REALLY efficient with the hunting, it amazes even the humans how good he is with getting the biggest gators in the river.

Also, I think the two entries before my return were by Jangjun. I don't know, I can't read Russian. He says they are, and he even started his own, though I don't know who he's addressing in his. I can't be bothered to ask.

His smell is getting stronger every single day, I'm guessing that he'll start changing soon. I don't know.

I'm sitting in Jaehwan's truck outside the gator processing center or whatever it's called waiting on what Jaehwan can do with getting two entire spots for both teams. Apparently it's a big competition but I'm sure they'll grant him something. His contractor is a lawyer apparently, so there's something there to go off of. I think.

Gaining more territory would be nice. Gaining two would be even greater, as Jangjun and I wouldn't have to worry about dealing with the humans.

I

 

~



Keonhee turned his head to look at Jaehwan as he opened the driver's side door and climbed into the truck with a sigh, sitting down and looking at the building in front of him.

"Well?" Asked Keonhee. "We got our next two spots," said Jaehwan. "But they're not very good spots," he added. "Another pack of 'shifters already own the area, this isn't good," he said. "Well damn," said Keonhee. "It's the only thing I could get," said Jaehwan. "I know the pack leader, so hopefully they don't mind too much," he added.

"When do you think Jangjun is going to start changing?" Asked Keonhee. "Soon, as far as I can see," said Jaehwan. "I'm surprised it took him this long to be honest," he added. "It could be years of practice with controlling his emotions around people, who knows," he said. "Who knows," hummed Keonhee.

 

~



When they got back to the house there was a small cream colored fox sitting on the dock, causing Jaehwan to pause and Keonhee to blink in surprise. "Jangjun?" Asked Jaehwan. The fox nodded its head. "I came back when he just changed," said Zuho as he walked over from the bridge that led to the other side of the small river. "I just got back from hunting, I've been gone for about an hour," he said.

"Do you know how to change back?" Asked Jaehwan as he turned to Jangjun. Jangjun shook his head no. "Okay," said Jaehwan. "I want you to close your eyes and concentrate on your human form," he said. "It should come naturally for you after that," he added. Jangjun did as he was told and was soon back in his human form.

"I shredded my only pair of clothes," he said, sighing. "I think I got some spare somewhere that may fit," said Jaehwan as he went into the house to find something. Jangjun jumped into the river to clean himself off before coming out and standing on the dock while Keonhee handed him a towel. Jaehwan soon came over with some clothes and Jangjun quickly put them on once he was dry enough. Luckily he still had his shoes as he put them on, making sure they were good and tight before looking at Jaehwan.

"What's the news?" Asked Jangjun. "We got two new spots," said Jaehwan. "One for each team," he added. "Nice," hummed Jangjun. "I didn't think we'd get much through the first spot anyway, it looked picked clean before we even got there," he said.

 

~



Jaehwan and Keonhee were sitting on the dock, Jaehwan catching dinner for the night and Keonhee writing in his journal as he propped up his left knee to put his journal up against as he wrote. They both sat in silence, the only sounds around them was Keonhee writing and Jaehwan reeling in the occasional fish along with the occasional frog and typical animal noises.
 

~



know that Yunho and Dongju would eventually show up again.

I mean it's only a matter of time right? According to Hwanhee they were in Asia looking for me but that was before we left Russia. They could be anywhere at this point.

I made sure my phone was reset before I left at least, because all my banking information was on that phone. I don't know if my money from stocks is finally back up but who knows. I had to pay for my own plane ticket to get back to the states, but Jangjun has been rather lenient when paying for me to eat.

On a good note we got another spot to gator hunt at. Jaehwan had to also ask for more tags since it's a new spot and Jangjun pretty much filled up both of ours within the two weeks we had.

The season ends at the end of the month and we each have 200 tags. Surprising right? Jaehwan was able to pull a few strings for that one. It looks like there wasn't many hunters this year. A human crisis or something? Pandemic maybe? I don't know.

We don't get sick, well the supernatural world doesn't anyway. We'll have to be careful now when leaving the states. If Jangjun decides to leave the states after this season anyway.

Travel restrictions are going to be annoying as hell.

I do need to return to Sweden, I think I still have my Swedish citizenship. I can stay with Jacob again, that's cool too. Or spend time with Eric. I think they'd have to reprogram my chip to let me function around them.

Joochan is

 

~



"Well, I'm done here," said Jaehwan as he got up, grabbing the bucket after hooking the hook onto the fishing rod to make sure it didn't go anywhere. "Dinner will be ready in an hour or so," he said. Keonhee nodded, and Jaehwan went into the house.

Keonhee huffed and turned back to his journal before continuing to write.

 

~



a bit harsh at times I think.

Him and Eric tend to clash but I think it's due to them being alphas in their own right.

Apparently their friendship rules over that instinct though, Joochan respects Eric as the main alpha, as Eric respects Jacob when he needs to step up. Kevin, well. I don't know.

Kevin was never an alpha to begin with but everyone respects him when it comes to anything dealing with strategy. He also earned the respect of the members of his side of the pack.

Anyway, I'll update you with whether we finish it out with the last two weeks we got here. Jaehwan is thankful for the help, but I don't think we'll manage 200 by the end of it. 100 between the two teams maybe, but not 400 between the two teams.

Hm.

-Keonhee