Chapter 4

From A Different Perspective

Dear Seoho,

I can't believe it. I can't believe they asked me to actually come visit. Did they actually lose their minds or did Dongju manage to convince them to at least let me visit. The only person I had any kind of relationship with in that pack was you.

I wonder why they decided to ask me now of all times? They probably wouldn't've ever asked me to visit if Yunho wasn't here.

The thought of seeing them again,

It breaks me more than people realize

I don't know what to think.

I just want to belong somewhere and call a place home again

-Keonhee

 

~



Keonhee huffed out a sigh as he put down his pen, looking at what he wrote and crossed out. "I guess this is it huh?" He asked, looking at the still form of Seoho leaning against the wall by the door. "What do you think?" He asked. "What will they think?" He hummed to himself as he got up, going to put his journal and pen into his carry on bag.

He turned towards the door again when there was a knock, finding Seoho gone for the time being. "I'm coming!" He shouted, going to open the door and spotting Yunho in the hallway.

"You okay?" Asked Keonhee as he let Yunho in. "I'm fine," hummed Yunho. "You seem exhausted is all," said Keonhee as he closed the door, turning to Yunho. "It's been a long night," Yunho said, yawning before covering his mouth with his jacket sleeve. "You ready?" He asked. "I guess," said Keonhee as he went to grab his bag, slinging one strap over his shoulder. "I've already checked you out, so let's leave," said Yunho as he went to leave the room, the door shutting behind him.

Keonhee looked around the room for one last time, making sure he had everything before leaving the room and letting the door shut behind him.

 

~



Keonhee got out of the truck, staring at the house in front of him. "They're around back," said Yunho as he went around the house to the backyard. Keonhee steeled himself for what was to come, taking a deep breath before taking the first step forward. He found himself almost running after Yunho, following him into the backyard where the rest of his old pack were apparently waiting.

Keonhee was greeted by Dongju who tackled him, Keonhee catching him before returning the hug in surprise. "It's about time you came around!" Said Dongju as he let go of Keonhee and stepped back. The others were more wary, Gunhak especially as he stood by the backdoor, leaning against the wall next to the door.

Hwanwoong was the next person to approach Keonhee from the back deck, a small but sincere smile appearing as the corners of his lips turned upwards. "It really has been a while Keonhee," he said. Keonhee allowed a surprised chuckle to leave him, shaking his head in amusement. "It really has, it really has," he hummed.

Youngjo shook his head at the two youngest's antics before walking over, patting Keonhee on the shoulder. "I see you're doing well," he said, a soft smile appearing on his face and his eyes showing nothing that alerted Keonhee to the oldest's hatred he had held to him. "I'm doing quite well, thank you," said Keonhee as he nodded to Youngjo.

Gunhak pushed away from the wall, walking over to the railing on the back deck. "Keonhee," he said, causing Keonhee to look up at his ex pack alpha. Gunhak looked at Keonhee with a blank expression on his face. A tense moment passed as they had a staring contest, Keonhee refusing to back down from Gunhak's intense gaze.

"Enough," said Yunho, causing Keonhee to back down, turning to Yunho who shook his head at their antics. "Xiao has a game for you," said Yunho as said person came outside with two other 'shifters.

"Before we begin," said Xiao as Hwanwoong, Dongju and Youngjo backed away from Keonhee. "Here's the rules," he added. Keonhee nodded.

"It's a game of cat and mouse," said Xiao as he crossed his arms over his chest, standing in his alpha stance as he kept a steady gaze with Keonhee. "As soon as I say go, you run and hide," he said. "Hwanhee and Changhyun here will quickly give chase, all you have to do is last an hour out in the woods," he said.

"That's it?" Asked Keonhee. "Before I even let you in this house I need to determine if you're the enemy or not," said Xiao. "So yes, that's it," he added. "You got this game from Kevin didn't you?" Asked Keonhee, a smirk appearing on his face. "He did the same with me, that's why I was able to stay in Europe for as long as I did," he added.

"Damn," said Xiao as he dropped his alpha's stance, sighing in exasperation. "I had no intentions of running," said Keonhee as he shrugged, putting his hands in his pockets. "Kevin says hi by the way," he added, dropping the smirk as he relaxed his tense shoulders.

"Your Swedish accent is barely noticeable by the way," said Keonhee. "But the way you pronounced some words made me think of Kevin," he added. "I was in Sweden for a time yeah," hummed Xiao. "I moved to the states before the three brothers took over their father's territory though, so I've had time to work on my American accent," he said, shrugging. Keonhee hummed in response.

"That's it then?" Asked Gunhak. "How does that determine who is an enemy or not?" He asked.

"Kevin invented the game to determine who was the enemy by adding a plot twist," said Keonhee. "Whoever ran was considered the enemy," he added. "It was even worse if you split up," he said. "If you were in a group and split up then you were most definitely being hunted down and killed," he said. "If you were together he'd give you a chance to leave the territory and if you weren't out of it he'd kill you anyway," he added.

"So whoever stayed gets spared," said Dongju. "Exactly," said Keonhee. "If you had good intentions you stayed," he added. "It's a good game," said Xiao. "Most people don't realize the plot twist until it's too late," he said. "Only a few have," agreed Keonhee.

"Well," said Xiao. "If Kevin deemed you okay then I guess I will too," he said. "Since you already know about the game," he added.

"So who is Kevin?" Asked Hwanwoong as they sat around the back deck after Xiao and Changhyun went back inside. "He's one of three brothers that own one of the most closed off territories in Europe," said Keonhee. "I was with them for a time, as I'm from Sweden," he added. "Eric, Jacob and Kevin each own Norway, Sweden, and Finland respectively," he said. "I stayed in Sweden with Jacob for a time before leaving and coming back to the states," he said.

"Kevin's considered the weakest in his family but he compensates through his amazing tracking skills," said Hwanhee. "I was able to learn a bit about tracking through him," he added. "Oh, the wolf 'shifters that we visited when we had missions in Europe?" Asked Dongju. "The exact ones," said Hwanhee.

"I think my brother had missions with them at some point," said Dongju. "He wrote about them in his journal," he added.

"Everyone gets missions in those three countries at some point, I think," said Yunho. "I remember having a couple missions over there anyway," he added. "They take care of the vampires, we get the werewolves," he said.

 

~



Keonhee stood next to the windows overlooking the plane that would take them back to Toronto. "Did you have fun?" Asked Yunho as he stood next to Keonhee. "It was... Nice, seeing them again I suppose," hummed Keonhee.

"I'm a lot like you, you know," said Yunho. "I put pack before everything else," he added. "You're the same way, I can see it," he hummed. Keonhee hummed in response, looking down at the ground next to the plane to spot Seoho looking up at him.

Yunho put a hand on his shoulder, offering a soft upturn of his lips when Keonhee turned to him. "It'll be okay, really," he said. "I hope so," Keonhee breathed out, focusing on the plane and the comfort that Yunho's hand gave him.