Chapter 9

From A Different Perspective

Dear Seoho,

Yunho says hi, Dongju says hi.

I guess the only reason they said this was because apparently they tell the people they're writing to in their journals that they said hi.

It feels weird

To say something like this when it's just a journal.

I'll probably look at this later and just shake my head. Would you?

I wonder if you see San and Dongmyeong where you are?

I don't know if I'll ever join you. When my time comes, I don't know if I'll be good enough to join you. If I am, I'll be surprised.

I don't think I'll ever redeem myself enough to see you again in death

-Keonhee

 

~



Keonhee put down his pen, closing the notebook and hooking the strap on it before picking up his pen and clicking it closed before hooking it onto the strap.

"You know the only reason I'm speaking now is because you want me to right?" Came Seoho's voice as he sat on the desk Keonhee was writing on. Keonhee leaned back in his chair, pushing away from the desk as he looked at Seoho.

"You know what I'm saying is true," said Seoho as he shrugged, earning a glare from Keonhee. "Why can't you leave me alone?" Asked Keonhee. Seoho shrugged. "Ask yourself that, you know I'm dead," he said before fading away.

Keonhee got up as soon as Seoho was gone, anger overtaking his mind suddenly as he grabbed the nearest thing in reach and threw it against the wall. "Damn it!" He shouted, grabbing the next nearest thing and throwing it against the wall. A part of him made sure not to touch anything fragile as he threw whatever he could get his hands on against the wall, which at this point was just the plushies that were in the corner.

Yunho and Dongju came into the room at Keonhee's shout and just watched him for a few minutes before Yunho went to stop him, putting a hand on his shoulder. Keonhee turned and went to throw a punch, Yunho grabbing the fist and pulling his arm forward, moving behind him and twisting his arm behind his back. "Enough," said Yunho as Keonhee struggled for a second, growling in frustration.

"I said enough," snarled Yunho, causing Keonhee to stop struggling, Keonhee slumping to the floor as he tried to calm down.

"The hell has gotten into you?" Asked Yunho as Keonhee took deep breaths to try and calm himself down. "I don't know," said Keonhee as he huffed out a sigh. "I don't know how to deal with this anger," he said.

"Sparring is only going to get me so far," said Keonhee as he yanked his arm out of Yunho's grip before standing as Yunho moved away. "You're going to have to do something," said Yunho. "I know," said Keonhee.

"Will you end up killing me? If it came down to it I mean," said Keonhee as he turned to Yunho. Yunho's expression turned blank as he shrugged. "I don't know," he said. "But I'm sure it won't come down to it," he said. "How are you so sure huh?" Asked Keonhee as he glared at Yunho. "No one's fully snapped out of their insanity yet," he said.

"Not completely, but finding your other mate would help tremendously," said Yunho. "I have no desire to put my problems on them," growled Keonhee. "There's some things I refuse to put on my mate, and that is one of them," he said.

 

~



Keonhee began to get ready to leave, as he couldn't subject Yunho to his insanity any longer. He wasn't sure where he was going exactly, but he was going to head south, hopefully before he was noticed. He enlisted the help of Chani, who gave his help once Keonhee explained why he needed to leave.

"I can only get you to the borders, but that's it," said Chani. "That's enough, I can get somewhere from there," said Keonhee. "Which part of the border are you going to?" Asked Chani. "Detroit," said Keonhee. "I can seek refuge with the 'shifters there for a bit before moving on," he said. "I'll let them know you're coming," said Chani. "Okay," said Keonhee.

 

~



Getting to the borders was easy enough, as Myungsoo ended up carrying Keonhee there. "Chani would've gotten you here himself but he had to make sure no one else would be following me here," said Myungsoo as he let Keonhee down off his back. "Good luck to you," he said. "Thank you," said Keonhee as he stepped back once he was on the ground. Myungsoo nodded, turning around to face Keonhee.

"Do you think you'll be coming back?" Asked Myungsoo. "Probably not," said Keonhee. "Not until I'm dead at least," he added.

"Anything you want me to pass to Yunho?" Asked Myungsoo. "Tell him, tell him I'm sorry," said Keonhee. "He doesn't deserve to be put through my mess anymore," he said. Myungsoo nodded and walked passed Keonhee who turned to watch him sprint off into the forest. Keonhee turned back and adjusted the small pack strap on his shoulder before walking forward, crossing into the states and soon running off, heading in the direction of Detroit before he was found by border patrol.

 

~



"You want to seek refuge with us?" Asked Taehyun as he stood on the front steps of his apartment building, looking down at Keonhee. "Only for a bit," said Keonhee. "I want to be able to move on after I've gotten my bearings," he said.

"You know I have to let them know you're here right?" Asked Taehyun. "Who? I don't belong to a pack," said Keonhee. "Gunhak will have to know where you are if they end up coming to look for you," said Taehyun.

"I was banished, I don't think it'd matter then," said Keonhee. "True," hummed Taehyun. "I guess I can let you stay here for a bit," he said. "But since you don't have a job you can't stay here longer than a week," he added. "I don't plan on staying here any longer than that," said Keonhee. "That gives me a chance to prepare for the next spot I'm going to," he said.

"And where is that?" Asked Taehyun. "Back to Europe hopefully?" Asked Keonhee. "Russia preferably but I hope to at least get somewhere close," he said. "I see," said Taehyun. "Alright, come on," he said, turning and walking into the apartment building. Keonhee followed after him, taking note of all exits in case he had to escape in the middle of the night. Taehyun went to get a key for an empty apartment before leading Keonhee to a room on the second floor, unlocking it and opening the door before turning and handing Keonhee the key. Keonhee took the key from Taehyun, putting it in his pocket.

"I only got a few rules here," said Taehyun. "No partying, no messing with the security cameras, trust me Yoonsan will know, and don't disturb the other tenants," he said. "Come down to the coffee shop in the morning if you want breakfast, you'll have to get your own lunch and dinner though," he added. "Sure, thank you," said Keonhee as he nodded.

"I'll leave you to settle in then," said Taehyun as he moved out of the way, letting Keonhee enter the apartment. Taehyun closed the door behind him and Keonhee listened to him walk away before going to lock the door, taking off his shoes and leaving it by the door before going to explore the apartment. He briefly wondered if his presence was being missed before he went to sit on the couch, taking off his pack and leaving it beside him on the couch.

 

~



Yunho was frantic, almost desperately searching for Keonhee after finding his phone on the desk and seeing a note saying he had left for Yunho's sake. He had asked everyone, even Chani and the other vampires in his coven and they hadn't heard anything from Keonhee.

"Keonhee probably had his reasons for leaving," said Dongju as he examined the note Keonhee wrote. "It doesn't make sense as to why," said Yunho. "He was doing so well," he said.

"Just give him some time," said Dongju. "He'll probably be back before you know it," he added. Yunho sighed. "I guess," he said.