Chapter 17

From A Different Perspective

Dear Seoho,

We did it!

We finished off the season one day before it actually finished!

Jangjun and I are on our way back to Russia, as he really needed to return home before we weren't allowed to leave the US due to human travel restrictions. We had to run back from Berlin so that Jangjun could drop off both our papers with Moonbin. Europe is so easy to traverse, and we can even get to Asia if we need to.

That's the thing about being part of the supernatural world I guess. We're not bound by borders we can cross by land.

I'm fine with that I guess.

I feel bad for those in the states, well in the Americas in general. I think they can still cross from the Bering Strait during the winter but I don't know.

I think we're somewhere in Estonia again? I asked to stop so I could rest for a bit and do some writing. It's only been a few days, and I think I've come to a decision.

I need to die.

-Keonhee

 

~



"What language are you even writing in?" Asked Jangjun as Keonhee closed his journal and handed it to Jangjun. "It's in Thai," said Keonhee as he shrugged. "Since Seoho could speak and read/write in Thai I thought I'd learn how to read and write the language," he said. "I was learning how to speak the language when I was wandering around after returning to the states, but," he said, shrugging again. "I'm not as fluent in it as I wish I could be," he said.

"That's cool, I guess," said Jangjun as he turned away from Keonhee who shrugged. "I can write better than I can speak it, that's good enough in my book," said Keonhee as he stripped down, stretching before changing to his wolf form. Jangjun turned around, going to fold and pack Keonhee's clothes and putting them into his bag. "Well come on then," he said before sprinting off. Keonhee followed after him, pushing to keep up.

 

~



When they reached Moscow Keonhee changed back to his human form and put on his clothes before following Jangjun into the city.

"You're about to deal with Seongyoon's wrath," said Daeyeol as he and Bomin met them outside one of the many cathedrals in the city. "I was not able to charge my phone, can you blame me?" Asked Jangjun as a small growl escaped him.

"Also congrats on changing by the way," said Daeyeol. "Yeah yeah," said Jangjun as he walked off, Keonhee following after him. Daeyeol and Bomin went to follow after him.

Seongyoon sighed as Jangjun walked over with Keonhee behind him and Daeyeol and Bomin a few feet behind them. "I couldn't charge my phone where I was," said Jangjun. "You know how Jaehwan lives," he said. "You know where I was the entire time," he said.

"I don't belong to you Seongyoon, you know this," growled Jangjun as he turned and walked away. Keonhee eyed Seongyoon for a minute before turning and following after Jangjun. Seongyoon blinked in surprise before sighing and letting him go.

 

~



Jangjun finished hunting, dropping the body to the floor as Keonhee turned away, looking at something else while Jangjun made sure to burn the body.

"Something on your mind kid?" Asked Jangjun as he walked over to Keonhee after burning the body. "I think I want to fake my death," said Keonhee as he turned to Jangjun.

"Any reason why?" Asked Jangjun as he tilted his head to the side. "I'm ready to fully commit to this... Bodyguard role," said Keonhee. "But to do so would mean I need to fake my death," he said. "You plan on staying in wolf form don't you," said Jangjun. "Mhm," hummed Keonhee.

"The chip will keep you grounded at least," said Jangjun. "For the most part, yes," said Keonhee. "But the longer I stay in wolf form the higher the chance I lose what's left of my humanity," he said. "The chip should keep me grounded, I've always been connected with my wolf," he said.

"If that is what you want," said Jangjun. "I will help you, but I want you to think it over for a week," he added. "Being my bodyguard is a lot different than just being my pet," he said. "Okay," said Keonhee. "Go spend time with the 'shifters in Sweden, I know you want to return home," said Jangjun.

 

~



Jacob sat with Keonhee who was sitting on the back deck, watching the clouds above him. "They're still looking for you, you know," he said. "I know," said Keonhee. "I'm surprised they didn't find me when I was in the states," he said.

"They're on your trail now," said Jacob as he shrugged. "You'll have to fake your death quickly, if you want to get away from it all," he said. "I know," said Keonhee.

 

~



Eric brought over a coffee, sitting it in front of Keonhee as he watched the stars. "You're planning the impossible aren't you?" Asked Eric. "How impossible is impossible?" Asked Keonhee as he drank some coffee. "You're really signing your life away now," said Eric. "I know," said Keonhee.

"Why are you willing to do that?" Asked Eric. "I can feel my insanity coming back, very slowly, but it's coming back," said Keonhee. "I will probably end up spending the rest of my life in wolf form," he said. "It'll be easier on me," he said. "Well, I wish you luck then," said Eric. "Thank you," said Keonhee.

 

~



Kevin eyed Keonhee with a calculating look as Keonhee sat down in front of him. "Do you realize what you're about to do?" He asked. "Of course I do," said Keonhee. "I feel like it's better for me to do this, than to let it go on," he said. "We knew the chip was only a temporary thing," he said.

"We know going back to Yunho would fix all of this," said Kevin. "It won't," said Keonhee. "I've had this problem even before I left him," he said. "I know what I'm doing," he said. "Alright," said Kevin.

 

~



"Now, are you sure?" Asked Jangjun as he looked at Keonhee. "I am," said Keonhee. "I even wrote one last letter to Yunho, and asked him to continue writing to Seoho," he said. "Can you give it to him?" He asked. "Sure kid," said Jangjun as he nodded. "Thank you," said Keonhee.

"Now," said Jangjun as he brought out a collar. "This collar will bind you to me as my bodyguard," he added. "It's similar to the wolfdog's contract he held with his owners until he found his mate Chunji," he said. "But this will keep me in wolf form," said Keonhee. "Until I remove the collar, yes," said Jangjun.

"You will now only respond to the name which I put as the letter K," said Jangjun. "This is your last chance now, are you sure?" He asked. "I am completely sure," said Keonhee. Jangjun nodded and Keonhee went to change, coming back in wolf form. Jangjun bent down and put the collar around Keonhee's neck, clicking the buckle closed and feeling a slight jolt as the contract completed itself.

Jangjun patted him on the head before standing. "Let's head to the states then, shall we?" He asked. "We still have some time before travel restrictions are in place," he hummed, going to get ready. Keonhee followed after him.