Chapter 2

From A Different Perspective

Dear Seoho,

Did you know that Yunho still hallucinates his twin brother San? When I found that out it suddenly made more sense as to why he always seemed to distract himself or keep a conversation going. Apparently if he can't distract himself enough San will show up, but he's learned to ignore San unless he's managed to acknowledge the fact that San is here.

Apparently Xion, who is now going by the name Dongju, occasionally falls back to being his brother. That one is strange to me. Why would I try to be you? I know I can't. Even with a journal to let me read your experiences. Dongju probably had a lot of time to make himself become his brother. I don't know.

I don't blame myself for your death. But I do feel guilty about it. Just don't show up anymore okay? I know you're dead, I don't need to see your hallucination any more.

Just leave me alone.

Please.

I don't want to deal with you anymore.

-Keonhee

 

~



Keonhee fell back and out of his chair when he found Seoho standing next to the desk. "Get away damn it," he said, panicking as he scooted backwards, letting his back hit the bed behind him. "Get away from me!" He shouted, covering his face with his arms as a sob escaped him.

Yunho ran into the room, looking around to make sure there wasn't any intruders before going to shake Keonhee. "Oi," he said. "Snap out of it, there's no one here," he said, shaking Keonhee who was near hysterical.

Subin walked into the room, putting a hand on Yunho's shoulder. "Let me take care of it okay?" He asked. Yunho nodded, moving away and Subin went to try and snap Keonhee out of it.

"Hey," Subin said softly, putting a gentle hand on Keonhee's shoulder. "It's okay, no one's here," he said. "N-No one's here?" Keonhee asked, his voice sounding small. "No one's here, just us," said Subin. "There's no one here," repeated Keonhee as a small whimper escaped him.

"Bring down your arms okay? I promise you there's no one here," said Subin. Keonhee put down his arms after hesitating for a few seconds and looked around the room. "See?" Asked Subin. "It's just Yunho and I," he said. "I see," said Keonhee as he wiped away his tears.

"Come on," said Yunho as he walked over, holding out a hand. "Let's go for a run," he said. Keonhee was hesitant, but grabbed Yunho's hand and Yunho pulled him to stand, Subin moving out of the way to let them go. "Don't be gone for too long, Sejun wants to try another recipe with you when he gets back from work," said Subin. "We'll try not to be too long," said Yunho as Keonhee nodded.

 

~



Running around in wolf form always cleared Keonhee's head. It gave him a chance to let the wolf just take care of the running while he sort of faded into the background. Yunho running with him was essentially the same, though they both kept pace with each other and didn't care where they were headed. They both needed to clear their heads, and running always did that.

Weaving in and out of the trees became a game for them, racing through the forest near their property to see who would run head first into a tree first.

It came to a stop when Keonhee stopped, his ears twitching when he heard sounds. Yunho stopped a few feet in front of Keonhee before turning to him.

"You two seemed to be enjoying the run," came a voice as Mingi walked into view. Yunho wagged his tail in response and Keonhee snorts.

"I'm only here for a little bit," said Mingi. "So let's head back to the house then," he added. Keonhee turned to Yunho as Yunho nodded, turning around and running back to the house. Keonhee and Mingi followed after him.

 

~



After they reached the house after changing and putting their clothes on Mingi immediately stopped in the backyard. "Not coming in?" Asked Yunho as he turned to Mingi. "I'm not staying too long," said Mingi. "Come to the front porch at least," said Yunho. Mingi sighed. "Okay," he said. They went to sit on the front porch, Yunho sitting on the porch swing with Keonhee and Mingi on either side of him.

"How are you doing?" Asked Mingi. "I'm fine," hummed Yunho. "Enjoying retirement for the most part, but Yedam knows to call on me if he needs me," he said. "Dongju wants me to go visit sometime, but I can't with this one here," he said, motioning to Keonhee. "Oi," Keonhee said with a scowl.

"Banishment is not fun," agreed Mingi. "I was simply doing my job," Keonhee grumbled, earning a slap to the back of the head from Yunho. "There's some things we don't do, and what you did is one of them," said Yunho. Keonhee sighed. "I get it now," he said. "But what's done is done," he said.

 

~



Mingi left when Sejun came home with Byungchan and Seungsik, bringing over the stuff needed for a recipe Keonhee wanted to make with Sejun.

"So what are we making?" Asked Sejun as he stood in the kitchen with Keonhee. "Thai style chicken salad," said Keonhee. "Or Laab, something like that," he added. "Oh, I see," said Sejun. "I think I've had that before," he said.

"Most of the things like this is better homemade anyway," said Keonhee as he went to chop up the chicken. "Squeeze the lemons and chop up the cilantro please," he said. "Sure," said Sejun as he went to do so. "Get the powder too, we'll need to add that to the chicken when I stir fry it," said Keonhee as he went to heat up a wok. Sejun went to get the powder and put it on the counter near the stove.

As they were cooking Keonhee could feel eyes on him the entire time, though he tried his best to ignore it, taking a shaky breath as he went to throw the chicken in the wok. Sejun heard the shaky breath and turned around, patting Keonhee on the shoulder before returning to cutting the onions. "Thanks, I needed that," Keonhee mumbled as he focused on the chicken.

Yunho came downstairs and into the kitchen a few minutes later, looking around the kitchen before his eyes rested on Keonhee who was hyper focused on the stove. "Is there anything I can do?" He asked. "Get the rice cooker and make sure there's rice, otherwise wash and peel the lettuce," said Keonhee as he added the powder to the chicken and stirred it around.

Yunho went to do so, moving to the otherside of Keonhee with the rice cooker and putting it on the counter after making sure the rice was indeed cooked before plugging it in to keep it warm. "Get me a big metal bowl," said Keonhee and Yunho went to do so, digging under the sink to find a clean one before coming over with it. Keonhee turned off the stove and took the wok off the stove, letting it cool down.

"Believe it or not the only thing we have left to do is wait," said Keonhee as he leaned against the counter, refusing to make eye contact with Seoho who was sitting on the counter near the fridge. "That's it?" Asked Sejun as he turned to Keonhee.

"Yeah, after the chicken cools down a bit we mix everything together and serve it, adding soy sauce to it to taste of course," said Keonhee. "I don't know how you guys handle spicy food so I didn't add much in that department," he said.

 

~



"Whatever you guys made smells delicious," said Byungchan as he walked downstairs and into the kitchen with Subin and Seungsik. "We're pretty much done," said Keonhee as he put the bowl of Thai style chicken salad on the table. "We have lettuce to make lettuce wraps and rice if you want it," he said, bringing over the lettuce that was piled on a plate as Yunho brought over the rice cooker.

Everyone, even Seungsik since he wasn't feeling thirsty, sat down at the table to eat, though Seungsik refused a bowl since he didn't eat. Everyone made small talk, with Sejun talking about his day at work and Byungchan and Seungsik talking about the news concerning the information network.

"Dongju wants you to visit you know," said Byungchan. "I know," said Yunho as he sighed. "I can't when Keonhee's with me," he said. "I do not mind staying around while you go visit them," said Keonhee as he shook his head. "I can't just leave you here," said Yunho.

"I can just stay in Roanoke," said Keonhee. "It's fine, really," he added. Yunho hummed in response.