Chapter 1

From A Different Perspective

Dear Seoho,

This is a stupid way to start off this series of letters, but I swear this was Dongju's idea. I ran into him when he visited the other day. I guess Yunho had told him about me staying with his pack. Yunho suggested it, I guess to keep my mind in check for when the insanity sets in. I don't know, this doesn't seem like me.

The others still hate me you know? I didn't do what I did purposefully, you know this. We had a job to do, and I guess I did take it too far with that human but she was gonna die anyway, if they hadn't interfered. I'm not going to go further into detail in case someone is actually reading this entry but I'm sure word of what happened has gotten around by now at least.

I should go then. I will write again when I feel like it I suppose.

-Keonhee

 

~



Keonhee put down the pen, letting out a sigh as he did so. He leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms over his chest in thought before going to close the notebook and putting the pen on top of it and getting up, stretching his arms above his head before dropping them to his side and moving, turning to walk out of the room he was sharing with Yunho.

"That was a quick letter write," said Yunho as he met Keonhee outside the room. "I didn't know what to write," said Keonhee as he shrugged, looking at Yunho who just stared at him with a blank look.

"You going to write to San?" Asked Keonhee after a few seconds of awkward silence. "Nah, I'm needed to get groceries, I was wondering if you wanted to head out with me," said Yunho. "Ah, sure," said Keonhee. "Let me get my phone," he said, before going to do so. Yunho turned and walked back downstairs and grabbed his wallet and car keys before putting on his shoes and heading out to the jeep that had been a gift from Hongjoong for retiring.

Keonhee came outside after putting on his shoes and went to join Yunho, climbing into the passenger seat of the jeep while Yunho got into the driver's seat. After a few minutes Yunho started the jeep and backed out of the driveway before driving off, heading towards the supermarket.

 

~



"What are we getting?" Asked Keonhee as he pushed the cart around while Yunho went to get what they needed. "Byungchan wants beef," said Yunho. "Sejun wants to make some ramen so we're getting everything needed for that, along with beef for the stock," he said. "I see," hummed Keonhee.

"Is there anything you wanted?" Asked Yunho as he turned to Keonhee. "No," said Keonhee. "I am fine with ramen," he said. "You're fine with a lot of things," hummed Yunho before he turned to the beef and looked through it to find the best piece.

"Here's one," said Keonhee as he lifted up a package. "Let me see," said Yunho as he went to see what Keonhee had picked out. "That looks good," he said, turning to put it in the cart.

"I used to do the cooking at home, so I know what to look for when choosing the best cut of meat," said Keonhee. "I see," said Yunho. "It must be nice," he said. "It's not too bad," hummed Keonhee as he shrugged. "Cooking is pretty easy, it's just knowing what to look out for,' he said. "I see," said Yunho.

 

~



After getting back to the house with everything Keonhee and Yunho brought all the bags into the kitchen and Keonhee went to help Sejun with the cooking, the both of them dividing up the tasks and getting things done quickly. The smell of ramen soon filled the house as the others soon came downstairs to see what had been smelling so good.

"What's that smell?" Asked Subin. "It's ramen," said Sejun. "Keonhee and I worked on it," he said, going to get bowls for everyone as Keonhee checked on the noodles before dividing them into the bowls Sejun put down. Sejun put the broth in the bowls and everyone went to get their bowls of ramen, going to the kitchen island to fix their bowls the way they wanted.

"Things are changing around here huh?" Asked Keonhee as he ate his ramen. "Everything is changing," Byungchan said with a sigh. "But we'll be fine," he said. "Lots of changes have been made ever since Toronto went to the vampires," he said. "We still run the information network there though," said Sejun. "Luckily Chani gave us that luxury," he added.

"Don't you work at the Starbucks that Chani runs?" Asked Keonhee. "I do, along with two of Chani's covenmates," said Sejun. "Both our information networks go through that Starbucks," he said. "I see," said Keonhee.

 

~



A sigh left Keonhee as he found himself wide awake in the middle of the night. He sat up, turning to look at Yunho who was sleeping beside him with a fox plushie in his arms. He shook his head before getting up, stretching a bit before grabbing his phone from the nightstand and leaving the room. He headed downstairs and into the kitchen to get a drink of water before going to put his shoes on and head outside.

The crisp night air was cool against his body and Keonhee almost wished he had a coat before going to sit down on the back deck to stare off into space.

 

~



Yunho ended up joining him a bit later, going to sit across from him. "Couldn't sleep huh?" Asked Keonhee as he turned to Yunho. "No, but I'll be fine," said Yunho as he looked out at the lake behind the house. Keonhee hummed in response.

"I think everyone liked your ramen," Yunho said, trying to keep it from getting quiet. "Really?" Asked Keonhee as he turned to Yunho who nodded. "Everyone was really excited to have Sejun's ramen since he's pretty good at making it but yours was pretty good," said Yunho. "I see," hummed Keonhee as he shifted in his seat, looking out at the lake behind the house.

"Is there other recipes you know?" Asked Yunho. "Yes, and I don't mind making them if given the time," said Keonhee. "Sejun seems eager to learn more stuff anyway," he added. "So it'd be nice to have a helper," he said. "I'd like to help too, if you don't mind," said Yunho. "Sure," said Keonhee. "Just try and keep up with us," he said with a teasing grin. "Oi," said Yunho as he scowled, earning a soft chuckle from Keonhee.

 

~



Seungsik had joined them after hunting and they just talked aimlessly, talking about anything and everything, from places Keonhee's been to some of Seungsik's and Yunho's craziest hunts.

Keonhee had soon came to realize one thing when Subin had come to get them to get breakfast. Yunho was still grieving, and talking kept him from starting the hallucinations of his dead brother San. Keonhee supposed having a distraction was better than the alternative at least, but at least Yunho didn't have to deal with a dead mate messing up his mind like Seoho did.

Sure Seoho didn't talk when he showed up, but seeing him always sent Keonhee's mind in a downward spiral. At least he didn't show up the night before, but Keonhee was sure he'd see him again at some point.