Love Sick (Moonsun)

Mamamoo Ships Oneshots

"Unnie, I'm at your door"

 

I heard Byul say through the phone the moment I answered. I groaned and rubbed my hand on my face, careful not to push my sniffly nose. 

 

"Go home Byulie, I told you I don't want to get you sick." 

 

"Come on, I won't open the door. Please?" she pushed. It's a good thing we have a glass entrance in the new building. I walked along the hallway leading to the door and there she was in her hoodie and beanie. 

 

Her pout was apparent, making her cheeks more puffy and her eyes pleadful. I sighed heavily and smiled at her. Aigoo my Byulie. 

 

"I'm okay Byul, I'm just a little sniffly." I reassured her. She's been texting me non-stop on her way here. 

 

"Are you still warm?" she asked, putting her palm against the door as if she would be able to reach for me. I laid my forehead where her palm was placed for a while and closed my eyes.

 

"Not anymore" 

 

I sniffed again, really annoyed of my blocked nose. I should've changed clothes immediately after the rain caught me, but the filming wasn't done and I had to keep going.

 

"Go back to sleep, Yong. I just wanted to make sure you were really okay. And I know Yonghee unnie can't  help you either so I'm more worried."

 

I pulled away from the surface and nodded hesitantly. I miss her, she hasn't stayed here for a while and she wouldn't be able to for a few more days or until I get rid of this cold. 

 

"You know you could just say it, Yong" she said, smirking. 

 

"I miss you" 

 

She laughed loudly, her hand pressing against the door again, "It would've been more romantic if you didn't have that glare directed at me!"

 

I couldn't help but groan at her teasing. 

 

"Go away" I muttered which got her to stop laughing.

 

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Do you want any food? I'll buy you whatever you want." Her offer made me perk up. I've been craving something spicy. 

 

"Tteokbokki?" I requested and noted how she sighed heavily at my expected answer. Nevertheless, she nodded dutifully. Byul turned around and started walking away.

 

"Wait!" I called after her, slightly tapping the door in urgency. 

 

I saw her flinch before she turned around, her worried eyes scanning my face. 

 

"What? What's wrong?"

 

"I love you!" I answered, smiling widely at her despite feeling the scratchiness in my throat. Her worry dissipated and she ducked her head before I could see her blush. I know it's there though, it happens often when I tell her I love her. 

 

She shyly said she loves me too before reminding me that she'll get me medicine as well. 

 

I went back to my bedroom after seeing her get in the elevator and took a nap. I hugged my pillow tight, wishing for it to be Byul instead.

 

Wheein's voice rang through the dark as my phone went off. Seyo~

 

"Hello?" My eyelids felt heavy while I answered. 

 

"Sorry to wake you up but I'm here with your food and medicine." Byul apologetically replied.

 

It took a lot of effort to drag myself out of bed. I feel worse than I did before my nap and colder too so I had to wrap myself with a spare blanket. 

 

"What are you doing?" I asked the moment I saw her struggling to put up a tent in front of the door. The food and medicine were tucked safely away from her while she started connecting the rods.

 

"I'm gonna camp here." Byul answered, her brow furrowed in concentration. The moment the rods she was holding connected, she walked over to push the plastic bag of food closer to the door. 

 

I got what she was trying to do and opened the door slightly so I could retrieve it while she went back to assembling the tent. 

 

"What, why? That's ridiculous" I'm so confused and slightly distracted by the way she was expertly putting up the small tent. 

 

"You said I can't take care of you because I might get sick, but you know I wouldn’t stop worrying about you so I'll just-- ugh!" A rod wouldn't connect "sleep in this..Ha! Done!" She screamed triumphant.

 

"I--no! What do you mean, it’s cold there and you wouldn't be able to sleep if you keep watching over me." I tried to coax her to go home, I even tried to tell her that she can leave the tent so she wouldn't  have to disassemble it again.

 

Instead of following me, she narrowed her eyesldefiantly, pulled a small blanket and pillow from her duffel bag and went inside the tent. 

 

"Tell me if you need anything." 

 

She never zipped it closed so she could still see me as I stood on the other side of the door dumbfounded. 

 

Eventually after watching her tap on her phone for seconds I managed to sit on the floor and unpack the food. My mouth salivated when I smelled the tteokbokki and immediately dug in. 

 

I was mid chew when I heard her chuckle. When I looked up she had her camera poised infront, taking pictures of me. 

 

"Cute" she mumbled and I felt my cheeks heat up from the small admiration. 

 

Throughout my meal we talked about what we've been up to, but I was starting to get sleepy after the dose of medicine. She told me I can just go back to bed and she'll call me when I need to take medicine again but I didn't want to leave her alone too.

 

I cleaned up and told her to wait. There was a spare mat in the closet and I dragged that out before I laid it near the door. Before she could say anything, I grabbed a blanket and pillows too. She watched me get comfy until I finally turned to her. 

 

"Yong" she said amusingly, shaking her head while she laid on her side to face me. 

 

I only smiled in response before I felt myself falling asleep.


 

--

 

"Yong? I'll carry you to your bed okay? Hold onto me if you could" 

 

I heard Byul's voice and it didn't sound as clear. The coldness I feel is overwhelming my senses. I felt her lift me up and then gently lay me on my bed. I tried to find the blanket immediately and thankfully she guided it over my shoulders.

 

She hovered over me and I peeked to watch her expression turn to worry. 

 

"I'm sorry, Yong. You were shivering so bad, I had to go inside. Let me take care of you, don't worry about me."

 

She explained but I am worried. I don't want to get her sick. I tried to speak, yet instead of an argument what came out was, "cold"

 

"I know, I'll look for more blankets." She swept my hair away from my face and tried to pull back. I gripped her hoodie and she looked at me confused.

 

"N-no. I just need you." I pleaded. Her gaze softened and she nodded. She lifted the covers and guided me to sit up before she removed her hoodie so I could wear it instead. 

When we laid down, I instantly snuggled in her embrace and her lips pressed to my forehead was enough to put me to sleep again. 

 

--

 

An alarm went off but I know it's not mine. I'm still so groggy when I tried to wake up and felt Byul stirring beside me. She reached for her phone and turned off the alarm.

 

I feel sticky. My clothes are damp from the sweat and my hair is matted on my face. I feel better than before though so I guess my fever broke. 

 

"Time for medicine, Yong." 

 

I kept sniffling while she struggled to get me to sit. I immediately snuggled on her side, hearing her chuckle affectionately at my clinginess.

 

I don't know how she did it but she managed to get the pills with one hand while her other one my back. When I downed what she gave me with water I snuggled even more. 

 

"I'm sorry, I might get you sick"  I whispered.

 

"It's okay, buy me pizza when it happens." 

 

I laughed at her attempt to lighten the mood and when she heard me, she pulled away to look at me. I saw her eyes glance at my lips for a second and I know she's forgetting that I'm sick.

 

"I'll kiss you when I'm better" I whispered, stopping her thoughts. She sighed, 

 

"Kiss me a lot?"

 

I nodded at her request, "Kiss you a lot."

 


I was supposed to write something other than moonsun but I'm on a moonsun streak. I'm saving up the chapters for the other ships though so don't worry:) I'm also going to include real life out of context interactions at the end of chapters about mmm just for kicks.

"Thank you for feeding me"

"remember that when you choose to leave me for Yong. I mean she can probably feed you too but you know."