Better (Hwasun)

Mamamoo Ships Oneshots

TW: violence and dangerous person

N/A: Didn't have time to edit the last part but I hope you like it. Also this was requested by velahohoho😊

---------

Hyejin stared at the crowd of press in front of her. She nodded her head lazily to the questions she heard that were directed to them collectively. 

She looked beside her and cued Wheein to answer.

 

Wheein took the mic and addressed the press while Hyejin went back to listening and nodding in agreement. It was a long day, she just wanted to eat and lay down. 

 

There flashes of camera every once in a while and she knows eyes were trained on them but she feels like someone's watching her. She shakes it off, probably leftover nerves and focuses til the event was over. 

 

When it ended, Mamamoo stayed behind and waited for their manager to have their company car drive around the entrance. 

She saw Yong change seats with Wheein who was beside her.

 

"Tired?" Her unnie asked. Hyejin smiled even before their eyes met.

 

She nodded, "I just want to go home and eat the leftover chicken we had yesterday." 

 

Yong chuckled and Hyejin's gaze flitted on her unnie's clasped hands. She knew she was itching to touch Hyejin, to her hair, or cup her cheeks. But there were still strangers lurking and they were both uncomfortable of being vulnerably affectionate.

 

So they settled with low voices and soft gazes.

 

"I'm sorry I can't go home to you tonight, they need me at the agency. Something about getting the blueprint done for the next album." Yong said apologetically. She would love nothing more than to curl up next to Hyejin all night long but she had responsibilities that she couldn't escape from.

 

At this, the maknae shook her head, "I'll be okay Yong, I'll try to drop by your pla---" Hyejin was cut off when one of the press appeared in front of them and bowed.

 

Due to reflex, Hyejin bowed back and confusingly looked at the man. While Yong was already in protective girlfriend and leader mode, she started her assessment immediately.

 

"Hello, I'm a big fan Hwasa and I know this is completely unprofessional but can I have an autograph, please?" He asked sheepishly. Yong noticed his awkwardness and the sweat that seemed to form on his forehead.

 

He was holding a pen and paper out to Hwasa and the maknae tried her best to sign it quickly as she felt something about the man was off.

 

When she handed the paper, she heard a quick thank you and the man ran off with his camera jostling against his back. 

 

All of Mamamoo was now turned to their leader who was still staring where the man went out. "Should we be worried unnie?" Asked Byul. It was common for fans to act shy and weird when they meet them but this might be more than just an ordinary fan. There had been recent incidents where they seemed to be followed and another thing that happened that got them on high alert is are the mysterious gifts that they receive. Byul, Wheein and Yong have shared that the guards in their building approached them to receive a package that was specifically sent for them from someone anonymous.

 

They knew it was only one person since the packaging and handwriting were all the same. They were very discreet about where they lived and didn't know who found them. 

 

The fact that shakes them all to the core was that Hyejin's package was sent directly at her doorstep. The packages continued randomly for weeks after they notified the agency and managers. Yong made Hyejin stay at her place for a while but after weeks of the last mysterious package, Hyejin relucantly went back to her house.

 

 

"I'll have manager-unnie and one of the security staff drive you all home and walk you to your door to check." Yong declared and relayed the plan to their manager when they were being escorted out of the venue. She held her hand backwards while she walked, knowing Hyejin would reach for it. 

 

And she did. Hyejin welcomed the warmth and the safety she felt as she held Yong's hand. She didn't let go until they all got to the company car and even then she let Hyejin curl up into her to take a little nap.

 

She ran her fingers through her black tresses. Her sleepy lion. Yong gazed down at her for a while, going through her sleeping features, which Hyejin must've felt cause she settled her face closer to Yong's neck. 

 

The maknae woke up when the car stopped at Byul and Whee's house, wanting to give them hugs before they went out. She was the last one to be driven home to. When they’ve arrived at her place, Yong stubbornly insisted to walk her to her door along with the security staff they were with.

 

Hyejin let her and leaned heavily to her side as she swayed a little because of her drowsiness. Yong pulled her closer and kissed the top of her head.

 

There wasn’t a mysterious package in sight, they both let out a sigh of relief. The security stayed at a respectable distance to give the two a bit of privacy as Hyejin keyed her passcode but only held the door slightly open while she faced Yong.

 

Hyejin’s eyes flitted to the security staff and made sure they were turned away and went back to look at Yong who was already staring at her.

 

“Make sure to text me when you’re at the agency unnie, don’t overwork yourself okay?” she pleaded Yong, knowing that sometimes one meeting can turn into a whole lot more activities despite the late hour.

 

Yong smiled at her concern, her dimples deepening. Hyejin lifted her hands and them with her thumbs before they disappeared. And they did after she saw the younger woman leaning in and feeling her lips touch hers.

 

The kiss was slow and comforting. It held longing for the other to stay but also understanding that they couldn’t. 

 

They pulled away but not quite as their foreheads touch, their breaths mingling. 

 

“I love you, Yong. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

 

“I love you too, Hyej. Sleep well.” Yong gave her another quick kiss and waited for her to go in her apartment. She sighed before walking away.

 

She hasn’t even walked too far from Hyejin’s apartment when she heard her girlfriend scream. Along with the two security staff, she ran towards the door but she made it first and keyed the code while the two were still catching up.

 

“Stop!” 

 

“Hyejin!” Yong screamed, she saw one of the security staff run towards the emergency exit and the other stopped near her. They might’ve figured out what kind of situation was happening and would be more dangerous if the person who was holding Hyejin hostage would see that she was with security.

 

“Yong tell him to let me go please!” Hyejin screamed, her voice hoarse from the way the guy had his arm around her neck. Her eyes were full of fear as the sasaeng pointed his other hand on her side.

 

Yong was hysterical at this point, she recognized the sasaeng as the guy who asked for pictures during their event. She couldn’t see if he actually had a weapon. 

 

“Please let go of her, we’ll give you what you want. Just please.” Yong begged. She tried to keep her voice strong but it shook and wavered by her fear also. 

The sasaeng manically smiled and shook his head, “but she’s the one I want and now I already have her.”

 

Hyejin cried even harder, feeling the guy smell her hair and seeing no way out of it. She was also worried that her girlfriend might do something impulsive and get hurt. 

 

Yong suddenly saw the security staff on Hyejin’s balcony. The doors were already open, the crazy guy probably picked the lock and that’s how he got in. 

The security staff used this to his advantage and sneaked up on the sasaeng and knocked him out with a blow to his head using the of his gun.

 

“Yong!” Hyejin screamed the moment she was let go and ran to the older woman. The other security staff walked past them and they carried the crazy guy out of the apartment. Their manager assisted the shaken girls towards the car and drove them to Yong’s house after they picked up Byul and Wheein again. The leader and maknae were adamant that they wouldn’t be able to rest unless they’re safe together and see them with their own eyes after the incident.

 

All of them were so shaken that they decided to huddle in the living room with every pillow and blanket that Yong had. Wheein and Byul sat side by side on the mattress while they sipped tea. Their sight bounced back and forth since Yong couldn't seem to stop fussing over Hyejin, which ended up with her hovering the maknae.

 

Hyejin didn't mind but she is worried about Yong. So when she was done preparing their cups of tea, she signalled Byul and Wheein that they'll be out on the balcony for a while. The two nodded and turned back to watch some television while Yong kept in step with Hyejin.

 

The maknae placed the mugs on the small table and sat on the lounge chair. After, she led Yong to straddle her and coaxed her head to lay on the crook of her neck. 

 

Yong's arms instantly went around her as much as they can and she inhaled the comforting scent of her girlfriend. 

 

"Everything's okay Yong. We're all okay." She tried comforting her. She heard a sniffle,

 

"I should be the one comforting you." Yong answered scoffing. 

 

Hyejin chuckled and they stayed like that for a few moments before Yong's arms tightened a bit and sniffled more.

 

"I don't want to lose you." She whispered. Everything that happened finally hit and all she can remember is the sight of Hyejin in the arms of that dangerous man. All she could feel was despair and fear that she couldn't do anything at all to save her. 

 

"You're not" Hyejin whispered back, breaking into the spiral the leader was starting to go down in.

 

"I almost did." Yong argued. She leaned up and faced Hyejin, her eyes shining with unshed tears. 

 

Hyejin stared back then sighed deeply. She knows she couldn't convince her girlfriend to let those thoughts go so she decided to listen. 

 

"I'm here" she whispered and cupped Yongs cheeks. Yong understood and listed her worries while Hyejin nodded and leaned continuously to place kisses on Yong's cheeks, neck, and the corners of her lips as to not interrupt her words.

 

When Yong was done, she guided Hyejin's lips on hers before it could land on her cheek again and kissed her softly. Hyejin kissed her back, loving the feel of their lips shaping against each other. Feeling more secure than when the leader offered her hand to hold. 

 

When they pulled apart they kept close and leaned their foreheads against each other's.

 

"Better?" Hyejin asked, rubbing her fingers on Yong's nape.

 

"Better
"

 

"...but I'm going to management to get us more security." Yong firmly stated.

 

Hyejin chuckled, "I wouldn't expect any less, my love" 

_________________

N/A: planning to write some soon:)