Make Me Happy (Wheesun)

Mamamoo Ships Oneshots

A/N: A little update before I start updating my on-going stories. I'll be posting this outside of this book as well!


 

The muffled verse of Lunatic filtered through the door of the practice room where I was headed. My body already knows how sore it’s going to feel later just hearing the fast beat.

 

But it’s only been a week of rehearsals and there are so many more things to learn. Especially Maria, which was the hardest song to dance to. Hopefully, with Wheein’s help, I’ll be able to nail it after a couple of tries.

 

Speaking of Wheein, she didn’t even hear the door swing open and only noticed when I settled my bag on one of the stacked chairs. It was only her, the other two must’ve gone out for lunch.

 

I stood at the back, watching through the mirror how she hit every beat. The flawless determination on her face mesmerized me. She’s not even projecting her stage expressions yet and already I’m entranced. 

 

When the song was transitioning to the next one I walked towards her and wrapped my arms around her waist. I nuzzled her nape with the tip of my nose, feeling the dampness from her sweat.

 

She jerks her head forward when she felt it, “Ah Yong! I’m sweaty.”

 

Her whining was accompanied by a pout and she tried to wriggle her way out of my grasp but I hugged her tighter and nuzzled again to a bit. 

 

“Not like we haven’t been this close when you’re sweaty or when we both are.”

 

She turned in my arms, her eyes trained on my shoulder shyly while she played with the fabric. I pulled one of my sleeves over my palm so I can pat her nose and her forehead lightly.

 

“That’s different! That’s during…” her words trailed off into a mumble and her eyes flitted towards mine shyly. 

 

“I’m sorry, during when?” I can’t help but let her flounder a bit and she suddenly buried her face on the side of my neck despite her protest of being sweaty.

 

“During okay? You keep teasing me, I don’t like you anymore, unnie.” 

 

Her arms went around me while she continued to throw a small tantrum. I laughed, my hands rubbing her back as I swayed us a bit.

 

“For someone who doesn’t like me anymore, you’re very clingy.” 

 

This time I was the one who pulled away. Well, tried to. Wheein never let up on her grip and I ended up with only my face leaning away.

 

“Be patient when you teach me today, okay?”

 

She smiled at me in understanding, her dimple deepening and kissed me softly. 

 

“Always.”


 

____

 

Wheein looked down at me while I was on my knees, panting. 

 

She tried to help me up but I wasn’t having any of it. I wanted to see her satisfied with my performance.

 

Why was the Maria body roll so hard to perfect?! 

 

“We can continue this later, Yong. We don’t want you to hurt your back.” she pleaded and tried to hook her arms underneath my armpits to pull me up even if she wouldn’t really be able to. 

 

I laughed at her little grunt and finally relented, “Fine, fine. Should we just practice the partners part?” 

 

“Sure, you can start from the middle and we can meet here.” 

 

We haven’t really discussed the final blockings but we have a rough idea of where we would be so it would be easier to practice. I used my phone to start the music again, trying to get used to the beats, and waited for my cue. 

 

We went through it about three times when I realized something.

 

“Baby, you’ve got to stop staring at my s whenever you hold me.” 

 

Whee’s grip faltered a bit and I almost stumbled backward before she caught me. Her blush became so apparent that even the tips of her ears were red. 

 

“They’re great s,” she mumbled, still holding me in place. My leg wrapped a bit around her waist for better leverage.

 

“You can look at them at your own time but fans are starting to notice Whee.” I said pulling her closer, wanting to see how flustered she is.

 

Everything was going my way when somehow the tables turned and I’m suddenly pushed against the wall. I felt the soft thump from my back hitting the wall and looked up to see Wheein’s intense stare.

 

I felt a shiver run down my back when her gaze slowly travel from my eyes to my lips, my neck, and finally to my chest before it went back to meet mine again. I felt her squeeze my thigh and her other hand pull at the small of my back.

 

“I can’t help it when I keep remembering the last time we were in this same position.” she whispered, her lips almost touching mine. I smirked, I knew exactly what she was talking about.

 

“Our last getaway, at the shower right? Yeah that was pretty hot.” I confirmed. Her lips were already on my neck, leaving soft kisses and making me sigh. 

 

Things were going to escalate, I could feel it with the way my body reacted and Whee seemed to be not clearly thinking as well. 

 

“Not here, Whee…”

 

Instead of her answer, we were both startled by a low voice behind us.

 

“Yeah not here, Wheenie, we have practice in 3 minutes.” Byul said. She was sitting next to an uninterested Hyejin who was scrolling on her phone. 

 

Wheein dropped me so fast and hid behind me like I can make the two members disappear. I was as embarrassed as she was! 

 

But I steeled my voice like it was nothing, “When did you guys get here?”

 

Byul looked at her watch, “Around 5 minutes ago?”

 

My eyes widened, how did they not notice? “And you didn’t bother to let us know?”

 

A shrug was what I only got from Byul, “We sneaked in thinking we wouldn’t start practice early if you didn’t notice us. Didn’t think you would start doing…whatever you were going to do. Seriously unnie, if you’re going to get a room, please not this one.” 

 

The teasing grin at the end made me chase after her, meanwhile, I forgot I left Wheein uncovered. 

 

While Byul was still running away from my grasp, I heard Hyejin speak to Whee. But what I thought would be comforting words turned out to be teasing ones as well,

 

“I don’t think your new ‘dance moves’ fit the lyrics of Maria, Wheenie.”