Let’s Go Home (Wheesa)

Mamamoo Ships Oneshots

Wheein hiked up the bag on her back while she waited for the elevator door to open. When she made it down to the basement parking lot she immediately spotted her manager leaning on the running car while talking on her phone. 

She nodded hello to her when she was close enough and she signalled that she'll just need to go back into the agency for a moment. 

Wheein gave her a thumbs up and went inside the car before settling down and hearing the door close slowly.

Wheein sighed when she was done transferring her bag on the other individual seat. She slumped and pulled up her phone, plugging her headphones in. 

Although she's thankful of how things are going in her main agency, it's sometimes lonely. If she were consistently working in her old label, she would have the company of her members. They would be in one car jamming along to anything. Even if they would just stay quiet because of exhaustion she would still feel peace. 

The fact that her girlfriend was almost always there too, save for irregular busy days, helped push off loneliness.

Now she relies on calls and text messages from her to get through the day. It was fun, but it was certainly different. There are days though that an ever present ache of just wanting to be close to Hyejin all the time would consume her. It's like she was craving her company even if she just saw her yesterday. It was like that now and she thinks it's childish as she rubbed her hands on her face after seeing that Hyejin hasn't texted her since lunch time. 

 

She took the freedom of being alone in the car to groan loudly, letting her frustration out. Then she heard rustling on the long seat behind her which made her jump and scream so hard that she dropped to the car floor. 

 

She tried to pick herself up and paw at the door handle in panic til two familiar hands wrapped around hers.

 

"It's me, Whee. It's me." Hyejin whispered. She was also disoriented from Wheein's scream but her girlfriend looked like she needed to be comforted first.

 

 She finally looked at the intruder and exhaled. Hyejin looked worried and guilty as she pulled Wheein to her. She her back, "I'm sorry, Wheein-ah. I didn't mean to scare you"

 

Wheein hugged back, but when she pulled away she can't help but cup the younger woman's face. Hyejin was obviously tired from having to work the whole day. Wheein asked what has been on her mind since she calmed down, "What are you doing here, Hyej?"

 

Hyejin led her to the long seat at the back, getting both of them off the floor. She let Wheein lean her head on her shoulder. "I know how quiet your car ride gets before you come home and I know you had a long day. So, I was dropped off here and asked manager-nim to let me wait for you in the car but unfortunately I dozed off." 

 

Hyejin peeked at Wheein sheepishly but Wheein looked at her like she gave her the whole world and all of the stars and moon. She knows how thoughtful Hyejin can be but she still manages to amaze Wheein every single time. She loves her. 

 

Before she can stare too long, Hyejin pulled one of her hands away from her hold and dialled Byul-unnie's number. "Plus…" she said and waited for the video call to connect. 

 

When it did, Byulyi's smiling face showed up next to Yongsun's. They were in the same seat like the two maknaes in their respective service. 

 

They took their time to say hello and informed them that they were on their way home. In that moment, Wheein's manager got in the driver's seat and started pulling out the parking lot to start their own journey. 

 

Byul settled her phone on a holder while Yong leaned on her. They were just talking the way they would when they're all together. Then Hyejin settled the phone on a holder too where they can get a view of their unnies still. 

 

"We wanted to spend time with you. We missed you, Whee." Hyejin whispered softly while Wheein pressed the side of her face deeper into her. She felt content just listening to their unnies talk like they're right there with her and feeling her girlfriend's warmth. There's no loneliness in her heart. 

 

"I love you Hyejin-ah" Wheein confessed for the nth time today. It was so much better saying it in person than through texts. This way she can crane her head up to face Hyejin and give her a kiss. 

Hyejin reciprocated before kissing her forehead and closing her eyes. "I love you too Wheein-ah"

 

 


I didn't think I would add this chapter today but I thought of the prompt after watching mmm's vlive a while ago and so here, hope you guys enjoy reading😊