Even The Moon Needs To Relax (Hwabyul)

Mamamoo Ships Oneshots

Byul groaned as she went inside her and Hyejin's shared room. The concert went amazing and they've just got back from having dinner with the rest of the members and are now turning in for the night. 

Byul dragged herself across the room and plopped down face-first on the bed. Meanwhile, Hyejin closed the door behind her and dimmed the lights in the room. They’ve had too many lights shining on them for the night already on stage. 

She heard Byul muffle something against the covers. “Hmm? What was that?”

Her girlfriend barely turned her head when she started speaking again, “I said my back hurts like a . I think I pulled something.” The ending pout on her lips made Hyejin walk over faster to where she was and lean down to give her a kiss.

She started threading her fingers through Byul’s hair, “Is it because of the Maria wave dance?” 

Hyejin felt the tiniest twinge of guilt. Sure it wasn’t her choreography but it was still part of her song. She lowered her hand from her girlfriend’s hair to the small of her back to lightly massage the spot.

Byul groaned and instantly felt relief from what Hyejin was doing. She let herself be pampered for a few minutes until she started pushing herself up.

“Where are you going? Do you want to change into something more comfortable?”

Hyejin helped her slowly but Byul shook her head, “I’m going to start running you a bath so you can relax before we sleep.”

Before she could even get out of bed, she was stopped by the maknae, “Ah Moon Byulyi! I can’t believe you’re thinking of that when you’re already in pain.” she frustratingly huffed. Her girlfriend’s caring nature was one of the best things that drew her Byul but she doesn’t like it when she doesn’t apply it to herself as well.

Hyejin made Byul sit up on the edge of the bed and asked her to wait there. She ignored the questioning gaze of her unnie and went downstairs to the concierge. 

Byul was left scrolling on her phone, back to her old position but this time the side of her face was pushed against a pillow. Before she knew it Hyejin was back in their room with two staff from the hotel.

They were carrying what seemed to be a portable massage table. She sat up curiously and watched her girlfriend point out where they could set the table at.

After everything was done, Hyejin finally turned to her with arms akimbo and said one word,

"Strip."

And Byul did, too tired to raise questions and just choosing to trust her girlfriend. It works out most of the time anyway. 

She watched as Hyejin rummaged along her toiletries and heard her softly exclaim when she seemed to found what she was looking for. Now that she didn't have anything, not even her bathrobe draped over her body, she did feel kind of conscious.

Hyejin looked up at the same time she was starting to squirm and she was gently told to lay on her stomach on the massage table. 

"I'm pretty sure you know this already but just place your head on hole and relax." 

When Byul chuckled because of the innuendo that popped into her head, she earned a little smack on her . It was followed by Hyejin covering her lower half with a towel. 

"You could've massaged me on the bed you know." Byul said, loving Hyejin's concern but not wanting her to exert too much effort, especially with how tired they were. 

"I know, but let me do this for you." Hyejin whispered behind her, already filling the room with a lavender scent from the oil she was spreading on her palms.

"Okay but if you get tired tell me and—Oh sweet lord that feels good." Byul moaned. 

Hyejin couldn't help but laugh, pressing at a certain spot in a less gentle way. She coaxed another moan from her girlfriend and soon enough she was putty under her skilled hands.

It was quiet in the room, save for the soft sound of the playlist Hyejin put on before she started. She continued her massage, pressing at tense knots and sliding her hands all over her girlfriend's back.

She didn't even know how long she was lost in what she was doing but she decided to end it when the music stopped. 

Hyejin wiped any excess oil on Byul's back and washed her hands. When she walked into the room again, Byul was still in the same position. 

"Can I stay like this for a few minutes?" Byul asked.

"Sure, let me cover your back first so you won't feel cold." 

Hyejin got a bathrobe and laid it over Byul and got a new towel from the closet to lay on the floor.

She positioned herself sideways on the ground where her head is within Byul's line of sight.

Byul smiled at her, taking in her pouty lips and hair splayed around like a halo, "What are you doing?"

"I wanted to talk so you wouldn't fall asleep." 

The maknae doesn't know why but she felt like talking in whispers made everything more intimate.

"Thank you. I love you." And there goes Byul, Hyejin thinks. Her blatant declaration of love for something so simple as a massage. 

She loves it. She loves having that assurance that she could be a good girlfriend to Byul because Byul was everything she could ever dream of. Hyejin wasn't trying to be a good girlfriend out of pressure. She was simply doing everything out of love and because she knows that it's what Byul deserves.

"I love you too, Mansaengie." 

They looked at each other, both with their nose scrunched up happily. Hyejin shook her head with a laugh, "You look ridiculous from here."

Byul shrugged even if the maknae couldn't see, "Well, you look amazing from where I am." 

"Ah Byul!" Hyejin exclaimed, covering her blush with her hands. 

She heard the boisterous laugh from above her and lowered her hands to show Byul her glare. 

"Stop it, Hyejinie. You know I mean it."

Hyejin just grunted then turned thoughful again.

"Byulie, can we go to the aquarium tomorrow? I heard there's one nearby." 

"I think we can. Could you please call Yongsunie now to ask?" 

Hyejin reached for her phone and pressed call for their leader. When she can't seem to reach her, she tried for her best friend's number.

The ringing on the other line went on until she couldn't wait for it anymore.

"That's weird, Wheeinie's not answering either. Let me just go over next door and tell them. I'm sure they're not asleep yet."

Byul started to get up at the same time as her, "Let me put on some clothes and come with you."

—-

"Unnie? Wheeinie?" 

3 knocks and a minute later, a disheveled Wheein in a robe opened the door. "Oh Hyejine, unnie, is there something wrong?"

Hyejin stared at the flustered state of her best friend a bit before looking at her girlfriend who was equally amused.

"We wanted to ask unnie if we have time to go to the aquarium tomorrow morning?" 

"Oh, sure. Let me just.." Wheein trailed off and pointed behind her. She turned and then the couple in the hallway heard a few mumbles before she showed up again.

"Yongsunnie said we can. We'll meet you guys at the lobby around 8 am?" 

Byul and Hyejin both nodded. And then Wheein unnecessarily nodded out of awkwardness. Then there was silence with the couple smirking at a blushing Wheein. 

They all heard Yong call Wheein from inside. Impatiently. 

This gave the couple the cue to say goodbye and start walking away but then Hyejin turned,

"Oh, Whee?"

Wheein opened the door slightly again, "Hmm?"

"Can you tell yongsunnie to keep it down so we could get some sleep?" Hyejin answered, her smirk growing. 

Wheein's eyes widened, "Hyejinie!" She whined and closed the door. Effectively blocking them.

Byul then laughed, "Huh, so that was why there were weird sounds from their side when the music stopped." 

 

 

------

A/N: if you're curious about what was happening to Wheesun, well...that's coming as well;)