When everything changes...

Your Chance

As you walked through the halls with your two best friends you talked about what you guys were going to be doing the coming weekend after your volleyball tournament. "We should go to some restaurant with the rest of the team don't you think?" Jenna asked. "AWW! I wanted to go mini golfing." Lily said with her signiture funny-pouty face. "We would be too tired to go mini golfing." Jenna argued. "Nuh-uh! We will still have energy!" Lily said. Sometimes she could be such a little child, even though she was the oldest out of the three of us. "JAY! Tell her that we will be able to go mini golfing afterwards!" Lily said, using her puppy eyes which you had gotten way too accustomed to. "Don't you dare say that Jay." Jenna said bluntly. You somehow always ended up in the middle of their stupid bickering, but you managed to always fix it somehow.

They stopped fighting when you said that we should ask everyone at practice and that they shouldn't fight about something stupid like that. We walked into the classroom and the bell rang. The teacher started with her lesson and you tuned out for a while until you heard the telephone on the wall ring. "Jay, they need you in the principal's office right now." Mrs. Shin said with a slightly confused face. "Do I need to bring my stuff?" Youasked. "They say you probably should." she said. You grabbed your stuff and put it aimlessly in your bag so you could get to the office quicker, but then one of my books started to poke back as you walked to the office. "You have an important phone call, Ms. Lee." The principal Ms. Kook said as she handed the phone to me. You took it cautiously and said 'hello?' "Jay honey? Is that you?" You heard a familiar female voice say. "Umma? Why are you calling?" You asked, surprised. "Don't forget about me." another familiar voice, this time male, said. "Appa?? What's going on? Why did you guys call during school? Umma, I thought you were in Shanghai. Appa, I thought you were in Paris. Did you guys meet up? Is everything okay?" You asked the questioned one after another with only small breaths in between each one. "Calm down Jay." you heard your mom say. "We have something important to tell you and its really important so I suggest you sit down." you heard your dad say. "Okay, I'm sitting, what's going on?" You said as you took a seat on the floor since the chair was too far away. "We are getting divorced." They said at the same time. "MWOH?!" You shouted, a little too loudly. "What do you mean divorced? Wait don't answer that, but WHY?" You said, lowering my voice a little.

You were still in shock while they explained to me that their relationship wasn't working out and that it wasn't worth it because they never saw eachother anyways. "There is something else too." your mom said. "What now?" You said with a numb tone in your voice. "You have a few half siblings." they said bluntly again at the same time. "MWOH??!!" you shouted loudly again. "They are all older than you honey, the oldest just turned 23 a couple weeks ago." your dad said trying to be cheerful. "Do they know about me like I now know about them?" you asked. "We told them when they were your age that they had other siblings, but they have never met each other knowing that they were siblings." your mom said. "What do you mean by, 'met eachother not knowing they were siblings'?" you asked. "They are all in korean idol groups." your dad said. You sat there silently trying to wrap your mind around everything. "We have arranged for all the groups to live in one huge house with you so that you guys can get to know each other better. So we will send movers to the house tomorrow night to help move your stuff." your mom said. "We are coming to visit in a couple days to help you guys get settled in and understand the situation better so don't worry too much!" 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

So what do you think?? good start?? PLEASE comment and leave some advice!!

I have a VERY limited korean vocabulary so don't judge if it's weird where i put the words and everything... -________-

stay tuned for the next chapter of Your Chance!!!

- infinitesummer623 =]