Take Me To A Place

Wenrene Seekers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Seungwan is here!!!"

Joohyun adjusted again the volume of her phone to hear the song she’s playing clearer. Even though she is wearing her earphones now with the maximum volume, she can still hear the screaming of her schoolmates outside, which are mostly girls. She is on the edge of the cliff as she is still finishing her project that is due this week. She can't go to the library because they don't allow the scissors and cutter there so here she is, suffering in her classroom.

That Seungwan is starting to get on her nerves. Joohyun doesn't personally know him but since he transferred last month, girls in the hallway are always there, shouting at the top of their lungs. Almost kisses every pathway he walks as if he is a Greek God or something. Joohyun doubts if anyone actually complained about the chaos he caused. He is like a people pleaser. Even her classmates are drooling over him.

Joohyun only sees him once or twice a week because she doesn't bother to take a look at him. As the usual hardworking student she is, Joohyun is only busy with her school activities that have now been ruined because of the noise and chaos Seungwan brought in school. As what Joohyun remembers, he's kinda short though, with his petite body and blonde hair with shoulder length, she wonders why he's popular.

"Almost..."

Joohyun is almost not breathing as she finally glued the last part on the company building model that she’s been working on for the past few weeks. Joohyun successfully finished her project and she let out a sigh of release.

"Yey. I'm finished! Though I should have finished it earlier."

She looked at her wristwatch to see that it's already four o'clock.

"Gosh! I'll be late to work."

Joohyun has a five o'clock shift in a convenience store near the apartment where she currently lives. She immediately put her finished project at the top shelf in the room.

"But I gotta pee first."

Joohyun immediately went to the nearest ladies room. Few minutes won't harm her schedule. Her shift is a rush hour so she gotta prepare right away. After she finished the call of nature, she flushed the toilet bowl and almost dropped her bag when there's a person right in front of her, after she opened the cubicle.

"Oh, sorry about that."

Joohyun heard a deep but soothing voice and she almost dropped her bag when she just saw the most handsome face she had ever seen. With his beautiful blonde hair that matches his pale white face and pinkish lips and enthralling look. She almost fell on that when she realized something.

"What are you doing here?!" She punches his arm and shoulder that he immediately avoids but Joohyun still manages to punch some. "This is a ladies room. Who the hell do you think you are?!"

"Miss, what are you doing?" He tried to hold on to her both arms until he successfully did it.

"You! What are you doing here?"

Joohyun’s face is almost red now because of annoyance. He's still holding her arm that she keeps on pulling because she felt irritated.

"Let go!" She hissed.

"Yeah. But don't punch me."

"Why wouldn't I? You're here in the ladies room!"

"Well of course I am. I gotta pee." He felt a little annoyed.

"The men's room is in the next corner."

He let go of her then looked dazed at her, confused.

"Men?"

"Yeah. This is a ladies room."

He laughed and it kinda annoyed Joohyun. What is he laughing at?

"What? You think I am male?"

"Well, yeah. What could be the other choice?" Joohyun is talking with a hint of annoyance.

"Miss, but I am a girl." He said while trying to not laugh.

This time, Joohyun is the one who's confused while Seungwan almost coughs while laughing.

"What?" Joohyun is now really annoyed.

"I can't believe that someone thinks I'm a boy. Excuse me, but I gotta let go of this."

Then she pushed her on the side and entered the cubicle. Joohyun heard her humming while she was still baffled.

All this time, I thought Son Seungwan was a boy but it turns out he is a she?!

Joohyun, who felt really embarrassed now, quickly fixes her face before she goes out but Seungwan is already finished and now at her side.

"Well, nice to meet you, Miss. I'm Son Seungwan, female at birth." Then she chuckles.

She felt uneasy. She turned around and was ready to exit. I’m wishing the ground will swallow me up!

"See you around." Seungwan told her and winked at her and clicked her tongue.

Joohyun can't concentrate on her work and all she thinks is the disgrace she has done on Seungwan earlier. She's really popular with girls so she thought she's a man. Think carefully, why would a girl be popular with girls like she's like a celebrity or something. She shook her head. Someone put a coffee can, bread with jam and candies on the counter. Joohyun, take a grip! 

Then she quickly put the bread in the microwave and punched everything.

"That would be 12.50."

Joohyun’s heart almost stops when a smiling Seungwan is staring at her. She blinks twice to see if she's really in front of her.

"So, you work here." She told me while scratching her neck while her other hand was in her pocket after she brought out some paper bills. A grin formed on her lips.

Joohyun quickly got the cash and gave her the receipt and freshly heated bread. She nodded as an answer.

"I guess, I'll come here often." She said while giving a questionable gaze upon her while smiling.

She became stunned with what she said. Is she always like this? If I'm not that smart, I would think she's flirting with me.

"Thank you Ma'am for purchasing. Please come again."

Joohyun bowed and smiled. She wink at her and smiles again. "Oh yes I am."

Since then, Seungwan always goes to the convenience store buying food and always showered Joohyun with words that she always tries to ignore. She doesn't know if Seungwan is actually making fun of her or what because up until now she is still embarrassed with what happened in the ladies room. She never actually mentioned that to her.

To not actually put meaning behind what Seungwan does, Joohyun asked some of her classmates and the reason Seungwan is really popular is because she is the epitome of a girl crush. Joohyun can't believe that it actually exists. She's really greasy, she likes telling stuff to these girls in school that make them drool at her. What's with that? I'm not falling for that.

Joohyun fixes her stuff as she finishes her shift. It is a bit cold now and she goes out and shivers as the cold air of Seoul runs through her body. She forgot to bring an extra coat, she is only wearing one sweater. She doesn't even have a scarf. She rubs her hands against each other to at least feel warm.

"So this is your time off." Joohyun looked at her back and she saw Seungwan looking at her watch. "It's a bit late though."

"What are you doing here?"

Joohyun looks at Seungwan, who's giving her a playful smile. She is wearing a blue sweater, beige coat and knitted scarf on her neck. She's really cute and looks like a ball of fluff.

"Waiting for you."

Her brows furrowed. "What do you mean, what for? We don't even know each other."

She starts walking and she can feel that Seungwan is following her.

"I don't get the chance to see you off at work so today's the lucky day. Ahm, I know you know me. I told you my name, remember? At the ladies room?"

Joohyun q

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter