Sweet-filled Cookies

Wenrene Seekers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wait, what?!"

Wendy questioned Seulgi, who is now in front of her while hands in clasp.

"Please! You know me very well. I don't do blind dates."

She frowned. "Yeah, well for your information, I don't either."

"But Wendy, I have a date with Joy. I don't have time for my family's set up." She explained.

Seulgi, practically Wendy’s best friend, keeps bugging her family by setting her up on different blind dates and this time she wants Wendy to be the one who shows up for Seulgi’s sake. Seulgi has been dating Joy for two years now and her family doesn't know about it because probably they'll be panicking like it's the end of the world.

It is not like Joy is bad but they want someone for Seulgi to be with a name. Richer than Seulgi's family.

"Please, I'll transfer your talent fee in your account. Besides, she doesn't know me personally. I guess. You can tell her that I can't go. Entertain her then."

"What?" Wendy is still processing all the information that Seulgi is throwing to her.

Actually, she is not rich. Seulgi just met her in a pub she used to hang out at then they became buddies. Knowing her not so fortunate financial status, Seulgi tends to help her but she doesn’t accept it because she doesn’t want to be indebted. That’s why Seulgi came up with an idea that if she needs help, she will offer her payment and that is what Wendy can't refuse because she badly needed the money. She has a dream to have her own bakeshop someday and she still has a long way to go.

"Please?" Then Seulgi gave her the ultimate weapon, her irresistible eye smile and chubby cheeks. Wendy closed her eyes, sighing, a sign that she is giving up.

Seulgi dances with glee. "Yey! I don't know her, either, but I think she's rich. You may date her if you happen to like her."

Seulgi hugged her, more like choking her neck.

"No way."

Seulgi told her that she didn't actually need to dress up. She can go wearing what she wants because Seulgi actually wants that girl to be turned off and turn down what their family wants. Wendy is now walking to an expensive restaurant in the city. Her eyes widened when she saw the glass door tinted with gold and the interior was screaming absurd wealthiness.

"Ahm, Ma'am, do you have any reservation?"

The receptionist almost raised a brow on her. Of course who wouldn't? That is what is on Wendy's mind. She is in this expensive restaurant wearing a faded blue hoodie with hamster print, denim pants and sneakers.

"Ahm, yeah. Seulgi Kang."

Seulgi just said her name once she entered the restaurant. The receptionist widened her eyes and immediately told her the way.

"Miss Bae is waiting for you."

The receptionist softened her voice and she made her way to a private room and Wendy was a bit nervous. The lady opens the door and reveals a table with expensive foods that she hasn't tasted in her life and a girl.

Wendy just nodded with the lady and entered the room. She pulls down her hood and it reveals her messy short hair. She slightly combed it with her fingers. Her eyes are enchanted with the girl that has been sitting inside the private room. She looked at her and stood up.

It's like everything is in slow motion and an angel just landed right in front of her eyes. The girl is wearing a laced white dress matched with an elegant necklace and her raven hair is curled at its tip. Her pale white face became full of life the moment she smiled at me. An indescribable thumping of her heart is what she just heard in this small room.

"You must be Seulgi. I'm Irene Bae. Nice to meet you."

Irene offered her hand and Wendy can't speak properly because she is finding it hard to utter words. She must be looking like a fool right now and probably drooling with the exceptional beauty of the girl in front of her.

"Ahm? Seulgi?"

It snaps Wendy and then she accepts the hand offered to her. "Ah! Yes. I'm sorry. Nice to meet you."

They both sat down after that. In Wendy’s mind, Seulgi will surely pay her less if she doesn't act properly. She needs to make Irene turn her down.

She cleared and cough. They already started eating but she can’t choose where to start. "So, how are you? I mean, can you introduce yourself to me?"

Irene elegantly cut her steak and Wendy just drank water first. What should I tell her?

"I don't think we need to do that. This will probably be our first and last meeting."

But I still want to know about her. Wait, what? Wendy, what are you saying?!

Wendy almost slapped herself. Where did she get that idea?

"I'm sorry?"

Wendy just came up with what Seulgi may reply.

"Ahm, we practically don't like and don't know each other. We're only doing this because of our family."

Wendy started eating the meat she just cut. This only happens sometimes so she better have a taste of it.

"Are you aware that we're getting married?"

Wendy almost choked on her food on what she just heard. What marriage?! Kang Seulgi, you only told me a date?!

"What?!" She drank water but she’s still coughing.

"Don't tell me, your family doesn't tell you that you'll be meeting your fiancée."

Yeah. Seulgi doesn't tell me she's engaged.

She still can't come up with a proper reply. A lot of thoughts are tangled with her mind right now.

"Don't worry, I don't like it either." Irene told her and then Wendy looked at her while she's busy with her food. "But after looking at you, I might change my mind." She was taken by surprise when she looked at her and a smile formed on her lips.

Wendy is dumbfounded. She is panicking at the same time. "Wait, you see..."

"My family describes you as bubbly and happy go lucky but it looks like you're a lot different from what I expected. I think."

Wendy is tongue tied.

Of course, I'm not Seulgi!

"You're kinda cute, too." Irene is smirking! Wendy is so confused and distracted. She coughed again. Irene walked towards her.

"Ahm, you see, Miss Bae-"

Her eyes widened when she kissed her. Wendy is gonna speak again when she kisses her again. She stood up and moved away a bit.

"What was that?!"

"I think I like you." Then she chuckles.

No it can’t be happening!

"You can't. Yeah, you're pretty but that's it."

Wendy’s voice is definitely on high pitch and obviously panicking. Irene signs to her to sit down but she shakes my head.

"You see, my life is boring and I don't mind now because of you."

Irene told her while her hands on her waist.

"You can't possibly like a person you've just met." She convinced her.

"But I just did." Irene is intently looking at her.

Wendy can’t come up with the right answer and she just wants to run away. "I'm sorry. I gotta go."

She quickly ran to exit and her heart was beating fast the moment she left the restaurant. Wendy gasp and touches her lips. I can still feel her lips on mine.

~~~~~~~~~~

"You what?!" Seulgi is astounded.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm sorry about that. You don't have to pay. I'm sorry I messed up."

They are in the café near the office where Joy is working. Seulgi is waiting for her while Wendy is keeping her company.

"Nah. It's okay. Besides, Irene sure is pretty."

Wendy looks at Seulgi who's busy eating her cake.

"How could you te

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter