Right Where You Belong

Wenrene Seekers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Seungwan-a, I'm bored. What should we do?"

Wendy heard a muffled under a thick blanket and there she was, a bunny's head popped, crawling and making her way through Wendy's lap, crumpling in her bed sheet. She smiled when Irene smelled the fabric conditioner she always used in washing their sheets. Irene had a crease in her forehead when she saw that Wendy was still busy on her laptop.

"Yah! Don't you care about your girlfriend? You don't love me anymore."

Irene just heard Wendy chuckling as she kept rolling the piece of fabric in her fingernails.

"Yah! What's so funny?" Irene looked up at the ceiling and saw the tiny glow in the dark moon and stars that Wendy put. "I want to see real stars." She muttered. Then she felt warm hands cupping her face. Wendy kissed her forehead. Irene decided to kneel then sit on her partner's lap while her arms slowly wrapped on her neck.

"I love you, Seungwan-a." She mouthed then made a pout. Irene looked into Wendy's eyes as she slowly drowned in her stare. She smiles and gives her a quick kiss.

"I love you, too Joohyunnie."

Then she felt tingling excitement as her hands started roaming in her waist then all over her body. She was totally lost in their world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wow! Wendy-unnie, this is really good!" Yeri commented while eating the freshly baked carrot cake that Wendy just made. Seulgi gives her a thumbs up as well while Joy is having her second slice. Wendy suddenly felt cold in her back then she slowly looked at Irene who was eating while glaring at her.

"What?" Wendy innocently asked.

Irene just takes a big bite and her cheeks are so cute in Wendy's eyes because it is stuffed with carrot cake.

"I thought it was only for me." Wendy heard her whisper. She just chuckled with what she said. She goes near her and pinch her cheeks.

"Yah!" She pushed away her hand. Irene tends to be childish sometimes but Wendy really finds it cute. Makes her love Irene even more.

"Get a room please." Joy said while rolling her eyes. Irene just stuck her tongue out.

Wendy leaned and whispered to Irene.

"Want to go out tonight?" Irene's eyes sparkled after she said that and then Wendy saw her pretty smile. I love you.

~~~~~~~~~

"Seungwan-a, are we there yet?"

It's been half an hour since they were walking. Irene is holding Wendy's hand very tight while clinging onto her. She's holding a flashlight as she guides the way. It's very dark and cold and she is starting to get scared. She questioned why Wendy needed to cover her eyes with a blindfold. After dinner, they took a short trip to the forest near the park and have been walking since then.

"We're almost there." Wendy assured her and felt her hand interlock with Irene. After a few more minutes, they reached a terrace at the hillside.

"Wow!" Irene exclaimed while her eyes widened as she saw the city lights after Wendy removed the blindfold but at the same time Irene is a bit scared because they were in a high place.

"Seungwan-a, hold me tighter."

"It's beautiful isn't it? But we're not looking at the city lights. We are her for something."

Irene's brows furrowed with what Wendy said to her.

"Huh?"

Irene just watches as Wendy gets something on the bag she's holding since and brings out a blanket. She spread it on the ground and she sat down.

"Come."

Wendy offered. Irene seated beside her and clinging to her arms. She felt Wendy hug her shoulders.

"Look up."

Irene did what Wendy told her and her eyes widened.

"It's so beautiful." She gasped and she couldn't help but to put her hands in because of amusement.

"You told me you want to see stars."

"Oh, you heard it? I thought you weren't giving me your attention."

Wendy pinched her nose. "Silly. Whatever you want, just tell me and I will make it come true."

"Are you a genie now or what?"

Wendy silenced for a few seconds. "Hmm, maybe."

Irene smiled, "I can't believe you made it come true."

Irene can't explain what she's feeling right now. All she knows is that she is happy. Tickled pink maybe. There are so many stars in the sky and it is sparkling so beautifully. She loves it even more because she is with Wendy.

"Are we going to see a shooting star tonight?"

"I hope so." She sees her smile. Irene leaned on her even more.

"I want to wish to be with you forever, Wendy."

She felt Wendy's lips on her head. "Me, too."

Irene just took her time staring at the stars as Wendy sings so beautifully to her. She almost fell asleep because of how angelic her voice is but the humming suddenly stopped.

"I believe that stars are very special. When people suddenly perished in the world and they did something good while staying here, they went to the sky to shine beautifully while watching the people they left behind."

Irene suddenly looked at Wendy with amusement. "Where did you get that story, huh?"

She laughed and felt Wendy's hand playing with her hair. "I'll be a star Joohyunnie. I'll watch you from above. Don't worry, I only love you, that's why you should wake up soon."

Irene is astounded, "Huh? What are you talking about?"

She cupped her face. "I will be forever yours, Joohyun. I'm your star and I love you forever. So wake up. I'll wait for you but it is not your time yet." Then a tear fell on her eyes as she kissed her under the starry sky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Joohyunnie?! Yeri, call the doctor! Unnie is awake."

Though it's blurry, Irene can clearly hear Seulgi's voice. She just found a doctor checking on her.

"Miss Bae, can you hear me?"

Though she felt weak, Irene managed to nod. She still feels weak to speak and she just watches as the doctor says something to Seulgi and her mind can't process what is happening. After the doctor leaves the room, Seulgi walks toward her bed. She wanted to ask something but she felt sleepy.

"Gladly, Unnie is fine now. I don't know what we will do if something bad happens to her." She heard Joy talk as she woke up again. Seulgi noticed and immediately helped her to sit.

"Unnie, are you sure? It is okay if you rest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter