Vast of Pastel Coral Ocean

Wenrene Seekers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I think we should break up."

Irene stopped ironing Wendy's clothes when Wendy suddenly mentioned the words she didn't want to hear coming from her girlfriend’s mouth.

"W-what did you say?" She uttered, wishing she just misheard it.

"I know it's not working anymore, Irene. I know you'll be happier with her."

Irene uncontrollably unplugged the iron and walked towards her.

"What are you talking about?"

Wendy sighed and walked towards her but their eyes won’t meet. She felt agitated. "You know, Seulgi really loves you since you're both a trainee. You've been together since then."

Her thoughts are tangled and Irene tries not to lead on that conclusion with what Wendy is talking about. "Yeah, but we're only friends, more like sisters."

She shakes her head and walks towards the living room.

"The company almost found out about us, even the fans. That's why you're about to debut as a unit. There's a lot of haters out there and I don't want the other members to suffer because of us."

She the television and sat like what she just blurted was a simple matter.

"Wendy, are you just gonna throw away the three years? I don't care what the company will say or what the people’s opinion is. You're the only one I love."

She is hurting right now. She can’t believe how Wendy easily told her to break up. Irene clearly knows how Seulgi has been in love with her. She is aware of that and she even confesses to her. Irene turned her down in the most sensible way she could. Besides, they were good friends. She doesn't want to consider doing the sub unit at first because she doesn't want Wendy to get the wrong idea. Irene knows that's childish for thinking that simple reason but knowing Wendy, she doesn't tell what she really feels.

Wendy holds Irene's hand and instead of the usual warm feeling she always feels, it is kinda cold.

"You know I love you right? But it is for the best. Maybe we are meant to meet but not to be together."

Irene usually can voice her opinion and feelings but as of that moment she can’t utter a single word anymore because as much as she wants to fight for her feelings for Wendy, she knows she can’t oppose what Wendy wants.

How about what I want, Wendy?

Irene and Seulgi debuted as the sub unit of Red Velvet and as expected, a lot of fans supported them. Irene is very aware of what can find on social media. She knows that a lot of their fans “ship” her with Seulgi. As Red Velvet, the group haven't had their comeback yet due to individual schedules. They have been growing as individuals and learning to be with other people besides their group mates. Due to her schedule with the sub unit like promotion of music shows and variety shows, It's been a long time since she saw Wendy.

Irene is in a denial stage as she doesn't believe that she and Wendy broke up because their break up is not mutual and she didn’t accept it. She’s aware of it but they haven’t talked for a while.

"Unnie, let's take a selfie and send it to our fans."

Irene just nodded and took a picture with Seulgi. She is smiling while Seulgi is kissing her cheek. She is not surprised anymore because Seulgi always does that. After she put it on her Instagram's story it became trending right away. Many fans love the fan service that Seulgi is doing. Irene can't help but to feel worried with Wendy as she might see it. Irene’s phone had a notification. It’s a message from Joy and Yeri telling them that they look good together. The maknaes even congratulated them for a successful music stage.

During their MV shooting, they received food truck from the three girls. Irene is so happy that Wendy remembers her. Even during their so-called break up phase, she always messages Wendy though she never received a reply from her. She is happy because Wendy still reads it.

The other girls didn't know about her relationship with Wendy. Irene just thinks that the girls are aware that they become close, that really close. They all have a sisterhood bond with every member. They all know that having a relationship like that will taint the group but Irene is deeply in love with Wendy that's why she insisted and confessed to Wendy. She is the happiest when the feeling is mutual.

Irene thought that it's all rainbows and butterflies until one day their manager talked to them. Irene wanted to be honest but Wendy immediately denied it. So for less suspicion, they didn't talk for a while but they always called each other every now and then. Irene really missed Wendy that time. Irene always put up her courage and didn't listen to others. She does what she wants to do but this time she can't do anything about this.

I really miss Wendy.

After going back to the dorm, Irene immediately went to Wendy's room but before she knocked she heard Joy inside.

"Yah. Unnie, don't tickle me!"

"But you kissed me."

"Well."

And laughter filled the room.

We haven't broken up, have we?

Irene ran to her room with tears in her eyes. Someone knocked on her door and it revealed Seulgi.

"Unnie..."

She immediately ran to Irene and gave her a hug. She also patted her back.

"Everything's fine."

Irene hugged her back. "Seulgi it hurts." She sobs.

Irene is aware that Seulgi knows about her relationship with Wendy. Seulgi knows all the things about her. They have a sister bond and they have been close friends for years. Irene has never been this emotional, only to Wendy.

During and after their promotion, Irene and Seulgi are always together. They barely see the other girls because of different schedules. Irene is not dense, she’s conscious that Seulgi is making moves on her but she tries to ignore that. Irene is still messaging Wendy but she doesn't respond to any of her messages. As expected. When they are in the dorm, she's always with Joy and that really hurts Irene because it's like telling her that Wendy totally moved on.

For Irene, they haven't broken up yet. They are just getting through this stage. She is assured tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter