Let Me Be A Star

Wenrene Seekers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are? Up above the world so high, like a diamond in the sky.🎶"

Wendy's twinkling smile was a reflection of her happiness as she sang along and did hand actions together with twelve children in front of her. They are singing on the top of their lungs and smiling widely. Wendy finds it fascinating and adorable. After finishing the song the children are gathered around while holding each other with their small hands.

It is quite impossible for children not to talk to each other and make noises so she made sure that before they start their next activity, she told the children to close their eyes and tried to count with their minds. Wendy is smiling as most of the children failed to do so. The room was filled with children's laughter.

After the class dismissal, Wendy put inside the cabinet the toys, story books, crayons and art materials that the children used earlier. Teacher Joy is the one who brought the children to the entrance of playschool to wait for the parents to fetch their children.

"Teacher Wendy, play."

Wendy felt a small finger poking her back and as she turned around, she formed a smile when she saw the little Yeri holding her unicorn toy. Her pure smile is like sunshine and she's really cute with her hair in pigtails.

"Yes, baby. I want to play, too."

Then she tickled her little body and she heard a tiny chuckle coming from her. Yeri is one of the children that is enrolled in the playschool where Wendy is teaching. She doesn't know if she is Yeri's favorite but she seems to grow fond of her. She likes playing with her more than Teacher Joy. Wendy seems to admit it, she can't resist the cuteness of this kid. She's very energetic in activities and really likes to sing and dance.

Wendy stopped tickling Yeri and carried her with her left arm.

"Are you ready to go home?" She asked with a friendly tone.

Yeri shook her head and hugged her. "Mom's not here, yet."

Wendy is already used to the fact that Yeri is to be the last one that's been fetched. She hasn't seen her parents because Joy is always the one who does that.

"Then let's wait for her."

Wendy couldn't resist the cuteness when she felt tiny hands cupping her cheeks and she received a small kiss from her.

"Teacher, you look like Mommy."

"Oh, really." Wendy pinched Yeri's nose as she played with her. "Then she's beautiful like me." Then she giggled.

"Yeri!"

Wendy heard Teacher Joy called.

"Yeri, Teacher Joy is calling you."

Yeri immediately released herself then she put her down. She's eager to go out. She waved her hand before going out.

"Bye bye!"

Then she waved at her and she saw Teacher Joy hold Yeri's hand and go out. She then cleaned up the remaining mess in the classroom.

"Waah! Why are the children so hyper these days?"

Teacher Joy stretched her arms and Wendy got her bag on the table. She also fixes her things before we go off.

"Yeah." She agreed. "But when it comes to eating their veggies they are so inactive."

"Now that you mentioned it. I want to eat something but not veggies though. Let's get fishcakes."

Wendy nodded, then after locking the classroom, they bid goodbye to the guard and went to the nearest fish cake stand. Joy is a natural glutton, she ate fifteen sticks. Wendy is baffled and can't believe her.

"Yah! Eat slowly you might get indigestion."

Teacher Joy just gave her a thumbs up. "Don't worry. My stomach is stronger than you think."

~~~~~~~~~~

"What? You can't go to school?"

"Ugh, I'm sorry Teacher Wendy. My stomach is in pain right now."

"Yah! I told you not to eat a lot of fishcakes yesterday. What did you do? You kept on eating fifteen sticks of fishcakes."

"Ah...but it is good- ah! I have to go. I needed the toilet."

"Teacher Joy? Teacher Joy?"

The call ended. She facepalm. It's really hard to control children with a limited number of hands, now we are short with pairs. Wendy texted Teacher Sejeong right away to inform her that Teacher Joy can't go to school today. She let out a deep sigh. Wendy looked at the mirror to see her reflection then she fixed her hair and straightened her blouse.

As expected, the children are much more active than yesterday and Wendy tries her best to calm herself and the children as they are short with people right now.

"Children, sit down please."

Wendy is thankful that the children listened to her. Though some of them are seated, Yeri and Jieun are still standing, more like fighting on something.

"It's mine!"

"I want to play it, too!"

Yeri is holding on to the unicorn's horn while Jieun is holding its foot. They both pulled the toy at the same time and when Jieun let go of the foot, Yeri fell down together with the toy. Yeri's eyes widened with shock and saw its unicorn's foot was torn. Yeri starts crying. Wendy immediately held her and wiped her tears. Teacher Sejeong immediately holds on to Jieun.

"Waah! Mommy gave it to me. She'll be mad."

Wendy carries her and pat her back. "Hush, baby it's alright. Mommy won't get mad at you. Don't worry."

She saw Teacher Sejeong saying something to Jieun and she just nodded while her lips pursed. She keeps on patting Yeri's back and gently swaying her body. She then felt her small arms wrapped on her neck.

"Mommy..."

After that, Yeri stops crying but doesn't participate in other activities. Jieun already made up with Yeri. She said sorry and they shake hands but Yeri is still sad because of her broken toy.

"We will tell Mommy what happened so don't worry."

She shakes her head. "No, Teacher Wendy! She will be mad."

Wendy kneeled to be eye level with Yeri and she fixed her bangs. "Of course not. Why would she be mad? You're cute and lovely."

"Really?" She pouted and blinked her eyes.

"Yes, baby. Come, your Mommy will be waiting."

Then Wendy holds her hand while she's holding her toy on the other hand. The other children have already left while Yeri is still beside her. She has been clinging onto her since the incident with Jieun.

"Yeri, what's your Mommy work?"

Yeri looks at her while she's drinking a yogurt drink. She is really adorable. "She's..." Then she's poking something in the air. Wendy's brows furrowed as tries to poked her finger in the air, too.

"What's that?"

"Nooo!"

Then she put down her drink and started poking her thigh with her fingers. The teacher is still confused, she doesn't get what her student is trying to say.

"Baby!"

Yeri's eyes turned into big circles then ran towards a lady with raven hair. Wendy slowly stands up and walks towards them. The lady looked at the teacher and smiled.

"Teacher Joy is not here? You must be the other teacher? Thank you very much." Her smile is so mesmerizing that it got all Wendy's attention and her smiling eyes even make her more beautiful.

"Ah..."

Then a tiny hand keeps pulling the end of her blouse. Wendy is still starstruck with the beauty of the person in front of her.

"Teacher Wendy, Yerimie will go home."

"Y-yeah." She answered while her eyes were still locked with the first woman who knocked on her heart's door. The woman smiled once again at her then Wendy felt that she was probably melting any minute. She just looks like a princess character out of the story book she read to her students.

"Goodbye then. We'll go now teacher."

Wendy just nodded and didn't speak a word and was still smiling until Yeri and her mom finally made their exit in the playschool.

"Hey, Teacher Wendy?"

She finally woke up in her dreamland when Teacher Sejeong slightly pushed her.

"Let's go. What are you looking at?" Then she looked outside to see if there's something interesting.

Wendy didn't know but a smile just plastered on her face. She has never seen a woman that is so beautiful like no other and made her stomach feel butterflies and took her breath away.

Wait, what?! What just happened?

Wendy slightly slapped her cheeks to put away the abundant fantasy in her mind. She look outside.

I want to see her again.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Teacher Wendy, I don't like to eat fishcakes on our way. Let's eat something else."

Teacher Joy asked her after they finished the children's letter activity.

"See I told you. You should balance everything you eat."

Then she puts the other toys in the box when she thinks of something. Wendy shyly approaches her co-teacher.

"Ahm, Teacher Joy."

Teacher Joy looked at her. Wendy is fidgeting with her fingers and can't look directly at Joy.

"Can I... I would like to accompany the children while waiting for their parents. If I can, I mean, I like to try it. Yeah, that's it."

Wendy laughs bashfully while Joy gives her a bemused expression. She cleared while waiting for an answer then she loosened up when Joy gave her a thumbs up.

"Okay." Joy told her while smiling.

Wendy smiled so wide and said thanks. Joy just shook her head when she saw how happy her co-teacher was. It is not new that Teacher Wendy is smiling but looking how happy she is, she can't help but smile, too.

"Teacher Wendy, up!"

Yeri put her arms up and pouted at her. Though she shouldn't do it because they tried so hard not to let the children babied so much but she still carries her because she can't refuse this tiny angel.

"Let's go."

The other children are already fetched by their par

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter