The Clouds Turn Gray

Wenrene Seekers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungwan really hates rain not because it makes her wet or drench but in particular, she feels melancholy as she smells the freshly wet grass and soil. It makes her heart feel like a tiny needle, lots of needles puncture it.

Seungwan really hates rain as much as she hates school. She is a nobody, for her it's better to be an invisible one than what she is now. She is at the very corner seat beside the window in their classroom. It is the seat for nobody. Like her. As the teacher is busy teaching whatever lesson it is, Wendy is busy looking outside of their room.

It's raining again.

Seungwan can't help but to let go a silent but deep sigh. She wants to go home now, as if she could call it home. She is living with her mom. As a part of unfortunate ones, her parents separated years ago and everyday is torture. Seungwan barely sees her own mother because she's always with different guys doing her business.

School is neither better. She is just trying to finish high school. This is already her last year. I hope I can still survive. After this, she is planning to move out from her house and will find a job. Wendy wishes she can go to college, but she can't. As if she can afford it knowing the amount of expenses and as if her mother will support her.

"Miss Son? Are you with us?"

The poor student snapped as she heard her name. Her teacher is calling her. All of her classmates laughed at Seungwan and she hid herself again from embarrassment.

"Miss Son, stand up and answer this."

Seungwan slowly stood up from her seat, fixing her skirt and tucking her hair behind her ears. She walks slowly like anytime she will dig herself into the ground. As much as she hates to study, Seungwan can easily understand every lesson. That's why she doesn't bother to learn every lesson. The student gets the chalk from her teacher and analyzes the problem. Thank goodness, it is easier than the last time. She wrote as fast as she could because she wanted to go back to her seat immediately.

Seungwan felt something small that hit her hair. She writes faster again. Something hit her leg, then in her waist. She closed her eyes. Not again.

"Class, stop it!"

The teacher shouted at the class but it won't make them stop. Seungwan finishes solving the problem then the throwing of papers on her also stops. She looks down as she walks back to her seat.

"Okay. Class dismissed."

After hearing that, Seungwan immediately put her bag on her back and ran towards the backdoor but she was too late.

"Oh, look who's here." An arm blocked her way to exit. The girl crossed her arms as Seungwan looked away.

The girl pushed her and thankfully she balanced herself not to fall.

"Yah! Seungwan, aren't you gonna do my assignments?"

She bit her lip. She can't answer her back or else she's gonna tore her papers again and she needs to finish high school. She forcefully get her arm and smack a notebook to Seungwan's hand.

"Here. Better finish it right away. I'll come back tomorrow."

Then they go away. The three most hated girls, well, for Seungwan. This is always the scenario in her school. She couldn't do anything but put her notebook inside the bag and ran in the hallway. The teacher almost scolded her when she passed the faculty room. She was about to run but the rain was heavy. So she waited for a while in the lobby.

It's been three years since Seungwan studied here and the reason is still unsolved. The moment she steps in, in this school they always make pranks on her. She doesn't even have friends. Her classmates always laugh at her and even the teachers can see that, they don't do anything about it. She can't complain because one time when she went to the faculty to report those three girls, they just ignored her.

"Ma'am can't you do anything about it? I'm very tired of my everyday scenario. They always bully me! Pulling pranks, getting my food, hiding my shoes, PE uniform, my chair! I'm tired of it!"

"The parents of Park Sooyoung are one of the major investors of the school. Miss Kang Seulgi and Miss Kim Yeri have influence too. We can't ruin the school reputation because of just simple pranks. I'm sorry Miss Son."

Simple pranks?! How could that be simple pranks?

I can't transfer to another school because I'm holding onto something. My mother doesn't care about me anyways. So every day I live in hell, I always have just a little courage to be tough.

Seungwan looked up at the dark sky. There's even lightning and the rain becomes heavier. She doesn't have any umbrella.

Why does it need to rain every time?

Everytime that it rains, something bad always happens. She really hates it. She needs to be tough, in just a few months she will be graduating. She clenched her fist, she can finally go out of this hell. Curse this rain! Seungwan was about to run in the rain when someone grabbed her shoulder.

Not again!

She was about to remove the hand of Sooyoung but she stopped when she realized it was not Sooyoung.

"Hey. Why would you run when you can share mine."

Then in the middle of the dark outside she saw a smile that lit up her gloomy feelings. For the first time, she didn't hate the rain at that moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Son Seungwan!" The voice of Park Sooyoung echoed in the whole classroom. She immediately got the notebook from her bag and gave it to her. She got it and smacked her head. "Later, stupid."

Then she walked back to her seat. My classmates just laughed at mher. Sighing, Seungwan went back to her seat. Actually, she doesn't feel anything anymore with her daily scenario. Everything is numb. She's just counting her last days in school. The school bell rang and the teacher entered the room with a girl behind.

Usually, She didn't care if the teacher came but for a moment her head looked in front. At the girl beside the teacher.

The girl from yesterday!

"Class, I know this is sudden because half of the school year has passed but we have a transferee. Please introduce yourself."

"Hi everyone. I'm Bae Joohyun. Nice to meet you." Then she bowed. Almost all of the boys, even girls, are shocked with the beauty of the new student. Her bare face is white and matches with beautiful pinkish lips and cheeks with natural blush. Her black hair with stylish trim really matches her small face and physique.

Seungwan's heart started to beat like crazy but it became louder when the new student started walking towards the seat beside her. It's the only seat that is vacant. No one wants to sit beside her. When she sat down and looked at Seungwan, she smiled. I'm dead! That's the prettiest smile ever!

"Hi! I know you, I'm Bae Joohyun."

All of her classmates gasped when the new student talked to Seungwan. She looks away and pretends to be doing something in her notebook. She busied herself in doodling something. I don't want to be rude!

After the discussion, everyone is busy with their snacks because it is lunch time. Seungwan scanned the room to search for the bullies. They're not here? Can I actually eat my lunch?

But she still hid her lunch and ran to the school rooftop. Finally, she can actually eat. She sat beside the wall near the door and started eating kimbap.

"Hey!"

Seungwan almost choked when she heard a familiar voice. She coughed because rice clogged her poor throat. She looks up and she can't see clearly because of the sun but her face blocks the light from the sun and Seungwan can clearly see who it is. A smile formed in her face.

"Are you okay?" She sat beside Seungwan and still in shock, she just nodded. She offered her bottled water. "Here."

She accepted it though and drank it.

"T-thanks."

"What are you doing here alone?"

"I should be the one asking that. Why are you here?"

"I followed you. You seem to be a quiet person."

"You shouldn't talk to me." Seungwan immediately packed her lunch box and stood up.

"Why is that? And where are you going?" Though she's confused, Seungwan quickly goes back to their classroom but Sooyoung is already seated on her seat.

"Oh, look who's finally got lunch."

She smirked at Seungwan then she signaled. Seulgi got her lunch box open and threw the leftovers on her head. Seulgi was about to smack the lunchbox to her head when an arm stopped her.

"Yah! What do you think you are doing?" Though there's a big height difference, Joohyun managed to stop Seulgi. Seungwan is confused but Seulgi seems to be intimidated and she steps back.

Surprisingly, Sooyoung stood up and left the room together with Seulgi and Yeri.

"Are you alright?"

Joohyun removed the rice on her hair and wiped her face using a clean handkerchief.

"Why are you doing this? You should let them do this."

She stopped from wiping Seungwan's face.

"Then what? They'll keep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter