Along The City Lights

Wenrene Seekers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you ready?"

One of the staff asked Wendy as she put on her customized earpiece. It's probably one of her favorite designs. She smiled and fixed her mic as she nodded as a response. She picked up her guitar and stepped out in the back stage.

Wendy is overwhelmed when she sees a lot of people but what she actually sees are only the lights from their phone. The crowd is very dark but their screaming as she appeared from their very eyes seems to delight the lonely feelings she felt. As a cue, Wendy gave a signal as she put her hand above.

The singer starts strumming her first guitar that she owned after she debuted and the crowd goes quiet. She closed her eyes as she started singing.

"Seems like we've been here before🎢"

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wendy, what about you? What's your dream?"

Wendy looked up at the sky as she leaned her small body in the trunk of the tree near the river. It is now summer vacation though the weather is getting hot. The wind is still gentle and nice. They just finished their second grade in high school.

"My dream is to sing in front of many people. With you in it."

Her eyes gazed at her childhood best friend. She's looking at her as well. She's still beautiful as she remembers. She smiled at her.

"Let's get out of here. Let's go to the city and chase our dream. After we graduate."

She sincerely told Wendy her dream. Ever since, she likes to be an actress and ever since, Wendy knows that deep inside, she felt something for her. Something that you won't feel to someone that you consider just as a friend. She is in love with her. Wendy is in love with her. It's just that she can't have the right time to tell her. She doesn't want something to ruin their friendship. She's scared to be rejected because she is not confident if the feelings are mutual.. It is fine with Wendy for now to be best friends.

~~~~~~~~

"Congratulations Wendy! That's a nice concert. Again, a sold out one. The people love you so much."

Wendy bowed a lot as she said thank you to all the staff and people who greeted her. It's been seven years since she moved to the city to fulfill her dream. To become a singer.

In the first years, it has never been easy. Even though Wendy's parents disagree with her decision, she knew she is a fighter so she convinced them. Together with Irene, they moved out to get a small apartment in the city. Wendy didn't bother to go to college, she started singing in the street while Irene started as a waitress in a pub. Her dream is just to sing in front of people. Wendy is content with it as long as she has Irene beside her but Irene seems to be tired of being a waitress and can't find an opportunity to become an actress.

"Wendy, I'm tired. I'm starting to feel hopeless. It's been two years and all I do is serve other people and stand all night to get their order."

Wendy pat her shoulders then lean to hug her.

"It's okay. We will get there. I'm always here for you."

Though in those two years, nothing much happened, She is fine with the little amount of money that she earned from singing in the streets, in a pub, in a restaurant or in an event. As long as she is with Irene, everything is fine. But it seems like fate does not agree with what Wendy wants.

One day she just saw Irene packing her clothes.

"I-irene. What's the meaning of this?"

Still processing what is happening, Wendy asked her as soon as she entered her room.

"Wendy, I'm sorry. I can't deal with this anymore. I'm so tired and I already resigned from my freaking job. I don't like it here anymore. I'm done."

"What? How about your dream? To become an actress? Are you throwing it all away?"

Tears started falling from Wendy's eyes but it stopped when she saw Irene crying, too. She doesn't like the idea of seeing Irene crying.

"I just needed a space to deal with everything. I'm sorry."

"Irene, I left our place. I left my parents, didn't go to college. I throw everything for you. I throw everything away so we can just be together and chase our dreams."

Irene looked at Wendy.

"This isn't the dream we want to chase."

She finished packing her clothes. She lifts her luggage bag and starts to exit the room. Wendy hugs Irene's back to stop her..

"Please don't go." My tears start flowing again. Then she whispered. "I love you."

She just stays quiet and all she can hear is their sobbing, hoping she'll stay but her hands start to remove Wendy's arms that are hugging her waist.

"I'm sorry."

Then She was left in the lonely apartment hearing only her painful crying. Her heart can't contain all the emotions and she can't see clearly because of her stupid tears. Wendy longingly looked at the door that had been closed. The door where she exits.

"But you are my dream, Irene."

~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, today is your anniversary since you debuted to become a singer. You should cheer up."

Wendy smiled at her manager who's holding two cups of coffee. She gave Wendy the other one.

"Yeah, thanks."

After holding her anniversary concert, there are still people requesting for another night but her agency is still thinking about it.

"Wow! She's really beautiful. Hey, Wendy, why don't we invite this actress for your upcoming new music video?"

For my anniversary celebration, Wendy wrote a song. Dedicated to her. Her agency planned to start doing the music video next week. She already recorded the song last week and they really love it.

She starts spacing out after sipping the coffee. Without looking at her manager, she asked him.

"Who is it?"

"Since you don't want to act in your music video, together with Park Bogum she can do it." Wendy lifted my eyebrows. "She's really popular though. Can we pay for her talent fee?"

"Yeah, yeah. Who is it?"

"Irene Bae."

She froze in her seat, forcing herself to sink in her mind what her manager just told her.

"Who is it again?"

"You know, the actress you always watch on television. You even collected all of the CDs of her drama and commercials. Okay, I won't even mention your collection of her magazines that she's the cover of. You even use the make-up she endorsed and buy all of her standees in every store you see."

"Shut up!" Wendy hid herself from embarrassment. Her manager just laughed at her. She can feel pouting.

Wendy has no idea of what happened but after six months without contact with her, she just saw her in a chicken commercial. The singer just finds it funny because Irene doesn't eat chicken but she's in a commercial for it. She is surprised that the commercial went viral and Irene started making her own name in the industry.

The day that she left her in their small apartment, Wendy received a call from an unknown number.

"Hello? Miss Wendy Son?"

Her voice was kinda hoarse that day because of too much crying so she cleared .

"Yes, speaking. Who is it?"

"Hi! I'm from Dream Entertainment. I've always seen you in the street whenever I happened to pass that street. Are you interested in performing with a bigger crowd? We will guide you."

After that, she started training and voice lessons. Since they told Wendy that her voice is beautiful as it is, she should still have her lessons so she can perform longer. After a long period of lessons, training, sweats and pain in between, she started making her own name and this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter