If It Is You

Wenrene Seekers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Miss Wendy?"

Without removing her eyes from her computer, Wendy heard her secretary's knock on the door of her office. It is another busy day for Wendy as usual and it feels like she keeps on doing the same thing everyday. She sighs.

"Come in."

Footsteps of high heeled shoes are what she heard coming closer to her then a clipboard with documents are handed to her face.

"You need to sign all of these."

With a quick scan on the documents, Wendy signs it because she is pretty sure that her secretary already checks what its content is. She is confident with her secretary's abilities.

"You have a meeting at 10 o'clock with the KS Entertainment, a lunch meeting with the board directors, one o'clock meeting with Mr. Park, three o'clock meeting with Miss Kim and dinner meeting with Miss Joy."

Wendy sighs in her mind as her secretary recites all of her schedule for the day. After the long lists of her schedule, she then put a folder on her table.

"And this is the cover proposal for the next issue for next month. I already sent your article for the issue to the publication."

Her stare is still on the folder, afraid and anxious about what she is about to see. Her heart beat becomes abnormal, a familiar feeling she felt again weeks ago. She can't believe just seeing her pictures makes her like this.

"Ah, thanks."

Her secretary nodded and left me with a coffee she asked for earlier. Drinking coffee might not be the best idea for now, it might add to the nervousness she is feeling right now. She steals a glance at the folder once again.

Should I see it now?

Though she is hesitant, clearing the lump from and letting out a deep sigh, Wendy opens the folder and sees three different cover proposals. I like it all. No, I love it.

Wendy lays her fingers on the face of the model in the picture she is holding. She gave it a wistful stare.

She's still the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.

The model expressed a lot of emotions, especially in her eyes. Though the images turn out as beautiful as what she expected, she can feel and sense the pain in her eyes. Or is it just me?

Wendy shook her head as she put down the folder. She tries to busy herself again on her computer but her mind is traveling somewhere. She's not yours anymore, Wendy.

Wendy is quite surprised that the board members' approval with one of her employees suggested having Irene Bae as the cover of their next issue. Irene is quite expensive compared to other models but surely anything she has face on, will be sold out in any minute. She is a great investment for their company. She is hesitant with the proposal. She doesn't want to have business with her, it is the least thing she can manage to do but destiny must be playing with her. She just finds herself signing for the approval of the contract proposal for Irene Bae.

Wendy is afraid that Irene won't accept their offer. It might be assuming but she knows it might be because of her but she's still professional and she believes that the price they offer for her is acceptable but she didn't go to see her as she signed a contract with them. She knows that it is a bit unprofessional of her but she makes sure that Irene is able to meet a representative of their company. Irene is a well known brand model and singer and she can still remember how she was before she had fame.

"Wendy, I want tteokbokki."

Wendy gladly buys food for her, especially the tteokbokki, her favorite. She always acts like an endorser whatever food she buys for her. In any angle of her face, she's really beautiful. She smiles when Irene looks at her.

"Irene, after college I will start my job in my family's company and someday I want you to be our model."

Wendy gladly told Irene her plan as she caressed her hair. Irene leaned on her. Irene handed her a piece of tteokbokki and she ate it. The girl wiped a sauce on the corner of .

"How about your family? Did they already know about us?"

Wendy's eyes saddened as she looked at Irene. She took a deep breath before answering.

"I'm planning to tell them after our graduation. Just wait, my love, in a month we will be legal."

Irene and Wendy have been together for four years now. Irene's family knew about their relationship and they gladly accepted the two of them. Unfortunately in her case, Wendy can't tell her parents about the two of them because she is a hundred percent sure that they will be against the two. It is hard for her but she tries to explain it to Irene and Wendy knows that even though Irene told her it's okay with her, she is pretty sure that the girl will be happier if they are legal on both sides. Their relationship is not a secret to others but as much as possible, they keep it lowkey.

After their graduation, Wendy had dinner with her family and she brought Irene with her. This is finally the day she has been preparing for after years of being with Irene. She is quite nervous but she is ready for what will be their reaction. She held Irene's hand that was sitting beside her. She smiled when Irene looked at her. Wendy faces her parents.

"Dad, Mom this is Irene, my girlfriend."

Wendy is not surprised with her parents reaction, she is expecting it, how her parents were very shocked but she is a bit disappointed on how they disapproved of their relationship right away.

"You'll break up with her or you won't be part of this family anymore!"

Her father almost broke a nerve on his throat as he shouted at Wendy. She can't believe she will experience the cliché dramatic scene in her life. Thankfully they are in a private room and they are not getting any attention from the public.

Wendy held Irene's hand tighter. "Whatever you say, I'll be with Irene no matter what! We love each other and I don't need your blessings."

Wendy stood up together with Irene and that day, she received the most painful slap she ever received on her face. It might be painful physically but she doesn't feel anything. She grabs Irene outside of the restaurant without caring about her father's shout and her mother's plea.

"I'm sorry Irene. I can't give you the blessing you wanted."

She said after they reached the nearby park. They were seated at the bench because Irene might be tired from that walk. Irene started to cry while she hugged her.

"I'm sorry Wendy."

"Hush, don't be. We will be together no matter what."

That's what she promised to Irene.

After that day, Irene's family suddenly lose their job and Irene can't find any job. She's been applying everywhere to be a model but no one wants to accept her. Even though Wendy can't find a job too, she is starting to sense something is wrong.

"What do you think you're doing?!"

Her voice almost cracked from so much agony to her father. She is in her father's office because she doesn't want to go to their house. It makes her sick.

"It is very simple Wendy. Reflect on your madness, come back with us and break up with that peasant then everything will come back to what it is."

Wendy's ears tingled and then clenched her fist as she heard the laugh of her father. She pushed the displayed expensive vase outside her father's office after leaving the toxic room. Her father's secretary immediately went to check her but immediately stepped back after seeing her glare.

She felt exhausted after the long day and she is lying on her bed while Irene's is on her arm. She is staring blankly at the ceiling while playing with the hair strands of her partner.

"I'm sorry Irene. Everything is my fault."

"No, it's okay. We can do anything as long as we're together. We will get through this."

She hugged the girl and Irene did the same with her, tighter. Wendy immediately felt how Irene became thinner than last week. They hugged everyday but she just noticed it. Days passed but still no good, it is still the same. Her allowance and personal savings are slowly running out. She already sees that her family will decline her card so she opened a different account before. It is alright with her, how her family will torture her but she knows one thing, she can't stand seeing Irene and her family like this. They don't deserve this. Then one day, Irene's father is rushed to the hospital. Car accident and he's in critical condition. Wendy hugs the shoulder of Irene who's crying.

"What should I do?"

Actually, even Wendy doesn't know what to do. They don't even have enough money for the hospital bills. After Irene's mother arrived, Wendy left Irene to buy a drink when she received a call.

"Still stubborn huh my daughter?"

"What did you do?!"

Wendy's voice echoed across the hallway of the hospital. She can hear her trembling voice from being so angry with her father.

"Simple, come back then she'll get a comfortable life."

"I can't believe how evil you are!"

Wendy just ended the call hearing her father's evil laugh.

Her family plans everything. They all have the power to step on other people. She can't stand seeing Irene suffer anymore and even though it is really hard for her, she needs to do it.

"We need to break up."

Wendy is trying her best not to show any emotions in front of Irene. It is hard for her to face Irene. They are at her house to get some clothes for her father and Wendy doesn't know what came to her mind why she chose that time to break up but she needs to do it as soon as possible.

"What?" A tear fell on Irene's eyes. Wendy needed to hold back her tears and pretend to feel nothing.

'I won't win any award for acting because I am at it.'

"It's not working Irene. This is not the life that I want. I only suffer when I'm with you. It is better if weren't together."

It is so hard for Wendy but she knows it is harder for Irene. She wants to take back what she just said the moment Irene even kneels to her, begging not to leave her, not to do this with her. She can't do it, Wendy did her best to be hard, to be cold-hearted. She closed her eyes so she can't see how much Irene is in pain at that moment.

'I'm so sorry for being a coward.'

After Wendy went back to her family, she felt irritated on how her father rubbed in her face that he wins against her like they are in some competition, on how she can't live without her family's fortune. It is not easy to stay in their house so she just drowned herself in work for two years. Eventually, her father died because of cancer and her mother died because of loneliness with her father's death. It can't be helped when Wendy hears a lot of talking behind her back just because she doesn't even shed a tear. She just spent her time working and growing the company that her parents left with her.

Up until now, she can still hear Irene's words, begging her not to leave that day. Until now, Wendy is still suffering in pain because of what she did to Irene.

After six years of striving hard, the company that Wendy's parents left to her is still stable even though a lot of people (who's older than her) don't believe what she's capable of. I didn't study hard enough so just people will rub something on my face.

After the day of their break up, Wendy heard that her father financed the hospital bill of Irene's father. It's not like Wedny will just forgive her father for acting like a good one for a day. She at least felt at ease when she learned Irene's family suddenly got their job back and Wendy doesn't know what happened to Irene but she is now one of the highest paid models in Korea and she is the CEO of her family's company. Something she can brag, that they are now the leading magazine for entertainment and cosmetic lines. Time flies so fast that Wendy doesn't notice how many years have passed since.

"Miss Wendy, I know this is sudden but the publications already needed the cover."

Wendy sighs. She is in deep thought again. She shook her head as she took a look again at the cover proposals. Hey eyes travel in the second

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter