Bursts Into Bloom

Wenrene Seekers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ugh! Not again."

Seungwan felt gloomy as she arrived at her apartment. She got her mails and letters inside her delivery box, there are letters again that were not hers. She removed her shoes and put them in the rack and entered the apartment with her hamster-design slippers that she had ordered online.

She looked at the letters. There she found her electric bill, telephone bill, water bill, letters from work and three letters in a white envelope that the recipient is Bae Joohyun.

"Why are her letters delivered to me? This is like the fourth time." She complained.

For the past few weeks, Seungwan always got the mails of a certain Bae Joohyun. She doesn't know her so she always gives it to the guard at the apartment entrance so he can give it to Miss Bae. She has no idea why her mail is inside her delivery box. She doesn't have any idea if it's that important but mostly it's her bills or letter from her work?

Seungwan looked inside her fridge to see if she had something to eat. Luckily, she found a Chinese take out and put it in the microwave. She had no idea when she bought it but it still looked edible. Ugh! I hate living alone. I always have no food.

She changed her clothes to comfortable clothing after she heated her food. Wearing a skirt and heels all day is a four letter word - HELL. Particularly when your boss is hitting on you which is basically double your age. Seungwan wants to look for a certain job with good pay but she can't leave her work yet so she has no choice.

She sits on her sofa, turns on the television that she rarely does, food in while looking at her letters.

"Bills! I hate you!" She whined.

Seungwan found that she didn't get a response to the company that she is applying for. This is her third time applying to them but still no answers. She really wants to have a job at the marketing department of that company.

"If I have just my luck." She whispered as she watched the variety show.

The next day, Seungwan gave the letters, again, of Bae Joohyun to the guard. It seems like that the guard already knew her purpose.

"Why did I always receive these, by the way? Well, thank you for doing me a favor. I always bother you. I'll get you coffee next time."

She winked at the guard before she's off to work. Her whole day is the same as usual, overdosing with caffeine, submitting reports and proposals, gossiping about the boss with his mistress, office workers that keep nagging about their low salary and Seungwan, having an eye to eye on the computer screen.

"Seungwan, boss told me to give this to you." Jeongyeon, her co-worker, told her and handed her the folder.

She sighed as she accepted a folder with his sign and note telling her how good she is at work and asking her if she had time to have dinner with him. Yuck! Seungwan tears the note and puts it in the trash bin under her table.

Exhausted and tired after work, she looked again at her delivery box, a parcel waiting. Do I order something online? As she read who it came from, more like the receiver, she held her temple, making herself relax for another adrenaline coming through.

"How many times do I have to receive these things? I'm not Bae Joohyun!" She muttered while lasered the parcel with her invisible laser eyes.

"Excuse me?"

Seungwan slowly turns around to find a woman in a black corporate coat over a white blouse and black slacks. She really has good composure with her black heels and chained leather bag. Her right brow is slightly up and her fierce red lipstick gave her a more furious aura. She's kinda beautiful though.

"Uh, what?" She asked the woman in front of her.

The woman looked at her from head to toe, then in her eyes. She suddenly moved back. Ahm, why did I do that? Seungwan stood up straight to gain her composure.

"You said my name."

She frowned. "Huh? I don't know who you are."

The girl pointed at herself. "I'm Bae Joohyun."

Then it snapped Seungwan. So this is Bae Joohyun, the owner of the mail and the parcel she is holding right now. She handed her parcel.

"I don't know your deliverer or whatever but I hope he does well. Your letters and parcels are always inside my box. It's kinda annoying now."

She got the parcel and read who it came from. She nodded and faced her.

"Oh, so you're the one who gets it. I wonder why I don't have my mail with me. I'm sorry for the bother and thanks."

"Yeah, I gotta go."

Seungwan entered the elevator and pressed the number three but before it closed, Miss Bae Joohyun also entered. She pressed the number three as well.

"Do you live on the third floor?" She suddenly mumbled.

"Ah, yes."

Why haven't I seen her?

"Oh, okay. Maybe that's why your letters might mix up on mine. I also live on the third floor."

"Is that so?"

Ugh! I hate the way she sounds. So bossy!

Now everything is quiet, then finally the elevator opens. Seungwan went first and walked to her apartment. She is finding the keys inside her bag when someone talks on her back.

"So you're room 306?

She turns around and finds Miss Bae.

"Yeah, is there a problem?"

She just rolled her eyes. "Nothing."

"Seungwan!"

Seungwan's head faced the left and found a Sooyoung running towards her and gave her a hug.

"I miss you!"

Then she gave Seungwan a peck on the lips. She noticed that Miss Bae walked away confidently to the right. She removed the arms of Sooyoung.

"What are you doing here?" She asked the girl.

She leaned back on the wall. "What? Can't I visit you?"

She finally opened the door of her apartment, put the keys on the rack and removed her shoes. She feels Sooyoung follows inside.

"We broke up, remember? And it's been five months." She put her hand in the air, showing the five hand sign.

"Yah! We're still friends right? And it is not like I didn't live here before."

She makes herself at home, gets bottled water in her fridge and sits pretty on the couch and watches television.

Seungwan and Sooyoung are college lovers. They had a relationship for five years and even lived in her current apartment for a year. She won't deny that it once crossed in her mind that she's the one. Even though everyone thought they are meant to be each other, things change. A long relationship doesn't mean you'll be together until the end. They have a healthy break up but for an unknown reason, Sooyoung sometimes visits her and still acts like they are together.

"Spill it. What do you want?"

As she looked at the fridge there's no food so she decided to have food delivered.

"Can't we be together again?"

She chuckled. "Nah! Not gonna happen. You're the one who broke up with me and I moved on."

Seungwan and Sooyoung fell out of love. They both know that it's not working anymore. It's not like they end up hating each other when they live together, it just happened. She still cares but they just got tired of each other.

"Yeah, I'll accept that we can be friends but as lovers again? I don't think so. Sooyoung, now, I only love you as a friend. I don't feel butterflies and rainbows now."

Sooyoung pouted. "Ah! Seungwan, why do you have to say it right on my face?"

"So you can stop nagging here and there. Don't kiss me again, okay?"

"But you used to love it."

"Before," She emphasized. "And just what you said, used to love it. I'm fine now, okay. Don't do that again."

She squinted at her. "So there's new now, huh?"

Seungwan looked at her and joined her sitting on the couch. She got the remote to change the channel. There is no interesting show at this moment.

"What?" She asked when she felt Sooyoung's stare.

"You know, the girl earlier."

Her eyes widened. "What girl? We've just met. I don't even know her."

"Ah! You cut your hair short?" Sooyoung suddenly changed the topic. She is caressing the tips of her hair. "So you already move on."

"That's what I said earlier and besides it's really hot now. My hair has no connection to what we have before."

They heard the doorbell ring. The food arrived and she had no choice but to have dinner with Sooyoung who was apparently seeing someone now, as she said. She is just used to greeting her with kisses and she already told the girl that it is not appropriate now. They are just friends now and she believes that they are better that way.

The next day before she goes to work, she checks her delivery box, hoping that her most awaited letter is there. Her head is now spinning with frustrations.

"Ugh! Really?! I have no time for this."

Seungwan goes to the guard to give the letters of Bae Joohyun again but he refuses which makes Seungwan upset.

"Nope! I saw you yesterday, you know each other. You can give it to her yourself."

"What? Really? I believe it may be part of your job."

"Next time."

Seungwan doesn't have the time to deal with this because she is about to be late at work so she puts the letters in her bag. She immediately grabbed a taxi and told the driver to be fast. While traveling she received a message from Yeri, the secretary of her boss.

The minute you enter the building, proceed to the boss' office right away.

Seungwan doesn't understand but her heart starts beating abnormally. She bites her nails to keep herself from the anxious feeling. After arriving, she immediately pressed the number on the elevator. Her eyes are only at the number of floors going up, then it reaches 10th. She was greeted by Yeri and she pointed to the office of their boss. She breathed deeply and knocked first before entering.

"Good morning, Sir." She greeted her boss while smiling.

He then turned his swivel chair and tapped the table with his pen.

"I believe you know why you're here, Miss Son." He said to her while staring at her from head to toe.

I have no idea!

"I'm afraid Sir, I don't."

He leaned and clasped his hand on the table. "Well, you're good at your work's performance but it is not all about work."

"What do you mean, Sir?" Her right brow raised as she heard an insulting tone from him.

"You know what you need to do to keep your job." He said while loosening his tie.

Then it hits her. How long do I have to suffer? She walks towards his table and gets the envelope that she keeps from her planner. She checks it first, as she may give the letters of Bae Joohyun. Then she saw the big Resignation Letter written on an envelope.

She threw it on the table. "I've been waiting for this moment. I quit!"

Then Seungwan walked out of the office with a big smirk. She heard her ex boss shouting. She went to her table and started putting her stuff in a box. Her office workers have their questionable looks and confusion. I don't care, I'm gonna get out of here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ah! Why do I have to do that? I should be patient!"

Seungwan is pulling her hair from frustrations. She felt the hand of Sooyoung at her back, patting her.

"It's okay. You don't have to think about that dirty old man."

"But now I'm jobless. What am I gonna do?"

Just thinking about the piling of her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter