Smile Hasn't Left Her Eyes

Wenrene Seekers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Happiness! Welcome to Luvies Café, what's your order Ma'am?"

"One coffee caramel, large."

With her usual big smile on her face, Wendy nodded to the customer's order as she punched it in the cash register. After she told the amount of her order, the customer gave her the exact amount. She printed the receipt and gave it to the customer together with her buzzer. Her order will be automatically processed.

"Wendy! Can you do this order first? I need to go to the bathroom."

She looked at her coworker Yeri then she gladly nodded. It looks like nature's emergency. She immediately left her register because there's no new customers yet. She gets the receipt and it only says one americano. She walks to the back and gets the freshly brewed coffee and pour it in the mug. She got a sticky note and put the name of the customer.

Miss Irene 😊

She put the mug on the tray and put it to the counter. She pushed the buzzer number. When she noticed that there was no one claiming the order, she shouted the name.

"Miss Irene!"

Wendy looks around, traveling her eyes with the customers that there's no order yet but everyone is busy. She tried to find the owner of the coffee but no one was standing.

"Miss Irene?"

Wendy asked when her sight couldn't just move away as a lady wearing a beige coat with white knitted blouse, partnered with cream colored pants and knee high boots was elegantly walking towards the counter. She doesn't wear heavy make up and just looks naturally ethereal beauty on her face. She smiled at Wendy.

"I'm sorry about that. I'm Irene."

"Jabushasha."

"Pardon?"

Wendy shakes her head when she realizes what she just blabber in front of the customer.

"T-the c-coffee! Y-yes. That's right." She slightly pushed the tray with her order.

She just nodded then smiled again at her. She gives back the buzzer, gets her coffee and goes back to her table beside the window. She leaned on her seat as she glanced outside.

Wendy looks outside to see what the lady is looking at but it is just the normal street in their location.

Is there something fascinating?

Wendy was startled when a cold hand touched her shoulder. It's Yeri and her hand is still wet. Maybe she just washed her hands.

"Hey. Why are you still here? There's already a lot of customers. You can go back to your work area. Thanks."

She went back to her register to get customers' orders. Sometimes she steals glances at the customer beside the window. She saw how the lady sighs every time. After a while, she stood up and left the café. She didn't even touch her ordered coffee.

"Miss Irene." Wendy utterly whispered. Is that her name? Beautiful.

~~~~~~~~~

"Miss Irene!"

Wendy's head immediately looked at her side as if it had its own control. She saw Yeri shout the name of the customer when no one was claiming the order after pressing the buzzer. She looks around to see if she's the same Irene from yesterday. Her lips automatically formed a smile when saw a lady in a black long sleeve blouse and white slacks. It's her again.

She is sitting again on the same table as yesterday then she leaned again on her seat as she looked outside. She looked totally a normal customer beside the fact that she didn't even touch her ordered coffee.

Our coffee is good. Everything's fresh and organic.

But why isn't she drinking it?

Her eyes just follow Irene as she exits the café without drinking the coffee again.

~~~~~~~~~

"Iced coffee medium. Coming right up, Ma'am Yuri. Here's your receipt and buzzer."

Wendy smiled and bowed after giving the exchange. She refreshes the register for the next customer. She bowed with the next customer.

"Happiness! Welcome to Luvies Café. What's your order-" She suddenly stuttered as she held her head up and saw the most beautiful face she have ever seen.

Wendy! Act normal! What's wrong with you?

"A-ahm. I... I am sorry about that. I mean, w-what's your order Ma'am?"

She just chuckled and leaned forward.

"One americano." She said without looking at the menu board. It's like it is really her usual order.

She punched her order and her hand was shaking. She can clearly see it on the screen. Her hand is even sweating. I will wipe you later!

"A-americano. Is there someone you like? I...I mean anything to add or you like to add, Ma'am?" What's with the stuttering Wendy?!

The customer just shakes her head.

"What's the name, Ma'am?"

"Miss Irene."

Then she immediately typed her name and gave her the receipt and buzzer. Wendy asked for a short break. She just needed to breathe because of her short circuit malfunctioning body system earlier.

She was seated at the corner table and she smiled when can perfectly see Irene in her usual table with her usual order. Wendy slapped her cheek.

"What do you think you're doing Wendy? You're embarrassing yourself with Irene and what's with the stuttering earlier huh?"

She immediately shook her head when she realized what she just said.

"So what? It is not like you personally know each other."

Wendy does her breathing exercise. Inhale and exhale. She let out a deep sigh. Why are you acting like this on a pretty girl? She asked herself. I just admire her face, that's all. I am wishing just to have a face like hers. Wendy can't believe her mind answers her back.

She probably has a boyfriend.

She shakes her head again as she walks back to the counter after her quick break. She looked at her again. She's walking again to exit, leaving her untouch coffee behind.

"Hey, Wendy."

She looked at her fellow cashier as she leaned beside her.

"What is it, Seulgi?"

"Do you notice that pretty customer? The one you serve earlier before you take a break?"

Wendy became curious. Did Seulgi like her as well? Wendy shakes her head. What do you mean as well? It's not that I like Irene!

She just faced Seulgi. "What? Do you know her?"

Her coworker shakes her head.

"Hmm. Not really. She just always orders americano then sits beside the window without drinking her coffee. Then after looking outside she just walked away. Well, she paid for coffee so maybe that's fine. But the coffee..."

So Seulgi noticed it as well.

One week has passed, and Wendy always notices the beautiful customer. I want to call her Irene but that's just too much. She always orders one americano and if there's a chance she gets her order or calls her name. She really didn't know about the buzzer so Wendy can't help but smile every time she heard Irene's name. Whenever Irene is getting her order, she is smiling to the staff and Wendy really likes seeing her smile. Once again, she leaves the café without drinking the coffee.

"Wendy, I'm sorry but can you clean up that table? We're short on staff right now."

Wendy nodded to her manager, Joy, then she immediately cleaned the table she pointed to. Irene's usual table. She got the mug of coffee that never was touched when she noticed a purple wallet on the corner of the table. Looking around to see if someone forgot it but there is no customer that looks like looking for something. She picks it up and opens it to see who's the owner. Wendy sees a picture of a couple on the left corner of the wallet and the girl is Irene. The boy is good looking. So she does have a boyfriend. Wendy shook her head when she felt a tiny puncture in her heart. Why did I sound so disappointed?

Did she forget her wallet?

Wendy was about to go outside to follow Irene, thinking she might not be that far yet but Joy called her.

"Wendy! There's a customer!"

Looking at her manager, she answered. "Coming!"

She put the wallet inside her pocket. I'm gonna find a way to contact her later.

After the long hours of changing her job description, Wendy stretched her arms as she cleared her cash register. She saw Chanyeol change the sign from open to close at the glass door.

"Thank you. See you tomorrow."

They bowed to each other as she put her bag on her shoulders. She is again overtime herself at work because she needs to earn extra cash. She looked at her wristwatch. It's already 10:30 in the evening. She totally forgot to contact Irene. Deciding when to contact her takes her minutes so she just realized that she has already arrived in front of her apartment. She immediately opened the wallet to find some ID. Gladly there's one with a contact number. Wendy quickly got her phone to dial Irene's contact. Then she answered after two rings.

"Ahm, hello. Sorry for bothering this late but is this Miss Irene?"

Wendy managed to speak normally even though her heart is beating abnormally. She is alone in the apartment but why is she afraid that someone might hear her loud heartbeat?

"Ah, yes speaking. Who's this?"

Gosh! Even her voice on the phone is so beautiful!

Wendy fake coughs after what she just thought.

"Ah, hi! Happiness! Ah! So sorry. I mean, I am from Luvies Café and I found your wallet. I just came from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter