Three is a Team

Back To Your Arms

Kaye sipped her milk tea away, occasionally switching her gaze from the two males having an intense staring contest with her in the circle of the park's cafe. She sat in between them, a perfect spot to watch them argue. Her noisy slurps were not noticed by the two as their friendship was slowly turning into a harsh relationship.

"I asked her first", both exclaimed at the exact same time, sending daggers to the other who were beginning to get emersed from the game they started. A game wherein only one can take the girl's heart and hold unto it for eternity. The male on her right brought his arms on his chest and folded it, as the boy he was shooting venomous arrows to rolled his eyes at him. Kaye's face scrunched up from the bubbly feeling erupting in her guts at the both boys' competitive glares towards each other. Not one was willing to give up for the other to get.

It all started when they were in high school. Quite a long time ago when the three were in one class. However, it was Kaye who introduced herself first to them. She did not only do this to the two, yet also to her other schoolmates within the classroom. The place was dead silent at that time and being the cheerful girl she is, she thought of stating her name with the person sat beside her. A guy who she had a hard time getting the hang of his name. She was a new student after all, so a few introduction was needed for her to get along with the others as well.

She tapped the guy who was in front of her and to get a glimpse of his features. The boy turned around, removing his earphones to find the person who was taking his music time. Kaye then started introducing herself in which he nodded in understanding. Not intending to make her feel upset, he said his name too, and likewise the sequence she stated to tell them something they had yet to know.

The very time when they felt such a warmful and beautiful sensation was when she opened her lips during their music period. Her voice melted their hearts at the flow of her sweet and melodious voice. Everyone went silent as they cherished the outstanding talent she has within her, the stage all hers to begin with.

The crowd only then made such noise after her mini concert. Claps and compliments were genuinely threw onto her, making her feel small and embarrassed, but what is she embarrassed about anyway?

"I love your voice", Doyoung and Ten complimented in unison as they glaze and agape at her, quickly turning their heads at the other after noting they were in sync. Kaye giggled shyly and thanked their flattering words.

And that was their start of a fruitful journey.

Until they came to the point they had to confess to her before their debut date.

"I'm taking her somewhere this Sunday. End of convo."

"No, I'm taking her first."

"I'm your hyung, so I call dibs."

"That's unfair! But fine then, I'll take her when my birthday comes."

"You should wait for her birthday, instead", snickered the eldest of the two. Ten glared at how Doyoung could be such a mean one when it comes to these situations. But seriously, with his eyes flaming red, he knows this hyung isn't gonna back down any moment.

Kaye at the moment had a sudden flashback. If she had remembered correctly, it may had been also on Valentine's Day or was it her birthday?

May mga tsokolate tas rosas... Valentine's Day nga.

It was early in the damn morning, and all they wanted to do was sleep after this looking forward hectic day in school. However, Ten and Doyoung thought differently. Though, they weren't exactly aware there was two of them asking for Kaye to be with them on the loving day.

Doyoung had given the girl a box wrapped with hearts designed on it and a thin cloth that also had the symbol of love stamped. It had a small bow on top, giving it a cute aesthetic. It startled the girl. Thankfully, it wasn't too obvious she was the girl he liked when he took out another box for Ten and their other classmates.

Later on that faithful day, Ten had given her a thank you letter and a bar of chocolate with a ribbon tied on it. He was doubting if he had given her a love letter, things may have been awkward.

Thankfully, Kaye had given everyone their Valentine's gift, nothing was suspicious was seen noticing it was a good catch. Everyone's purpose were friendly gestures. It wasn't a day for love like those intimate actions, but a day for appreciating each others presence and love for one another.

But something unexpected happened on that day. Both male were actually asking to take her out to at least go in arcades or a park nearby. Doyoung was waiting by the huge tree opposite of the school gate, on the other hand Ten was patiently sitting by the bench close to the soccer field. Yet, neither get to see her presence before them.

Now, Doyoung and Ten doesn't want that history to replay again. It was getting frustrating as each year passes and her having an excuse slapped on their faces.

"Alam niyo, tayong tatlo nalang ang magdate."

"No!" both yelled, making everyone's heads turn at their table.

"Edi 'wag! Walang kukuha sakin bukas! No Valentine's Day or tayong tatlo ang magdate?!" They snapped their necks at the other, their infamous half lid eyes on each others' to burn, expecting one to back down. If only those eyes of theirs could kill anyone who dares to withstand them.

"Fine!" both finally gave up and turned wherever they can't see each others faces.

"Yehey!" She leaned forward and kissed both their cheeks, catching them off guard. She giggled, ahh that strange feeling popping and gurgling in her stomach once again. It was a funny feeling.

-----