Taro Milk Tea

Back To Your Arms

Heart?

No, baka ibang tao ito.

Mark convinced himself, but it wasn't helping. After yet another day, he felt much lighter and livelier than the icky times he had. The warmness of his temperature slowly subsiding, thanking s for the medicine they provide him. He took his bags and water bottle after preparing himself. Becoming a trainee was tough, but he wanted this. He wanted to be an idol.

After tying the lace of his shoe, he jogged out and headed towards where the boys and he go for workouts and practice.

I should definitely see this Heart's face...

-----

"Mark! Namiss kita!" immediately Johnny went and hug him, laying his head on the short latter's shoulder and pretending to cry. Mark grimaced at this with a smile on his face, pushing the tall dramatic male in front of him.

"Move bago mo pa akong lagyan ng kadiring sipon mong 'yan!"

"Dude! Think of it as an honor!"

"No thanks!" Mark harshly pushed off of him Johnny with a frown but a wide smile etched on his lips as he went jogging towards the others who were sweaty and tired. Johnny dramatically laid his hand on his chest, face twisted in horror and betrayal of his friend with his mouth agape.

"Eyow, what'd I missed mga broskie?"

"About this girl name Heart. Yun yung namiss mo."

"Oh", Mark nodded, still perplexed as to who this lady might be. Being so damn curious isn't so bad, right?

"Speak of the devil ulit boys", Taeyog chuckled under his breath.

A girl opened their practice room. It was ethereal as Mark swore he saw her hair float in the midair, skipping with her hand tightly gripped over the strap of her shoulder bag. Eyes glimmering in excitement and joy illuminating her wide smile. Mark wouldn't deny just how he stared so long on those lips of hers.

Nope, not gonna deny it. I'm a human who gets attracted easily.

It was as if he was in a movie, her actions were in slow motion. Her legs paced towards them leisurely, every second deliberately passing by. However, he suddenly noticed at the last second that she was looking at him intently and her direction was purposely towards the male with his bag still hanging on his shoulder. He didn't know what to do but stared back.

Oh my god, she's near.

And a beauty.

A hand suddenly waved in front of him, shaking his head. He looked at who did that. Instead, hazel eyes were on him eyes sparkling like the stars on the night sky.

"Where were you staring at?"

"U-uhh-"

"You must be Mark. Hi! Ako si Heart."

"Y-yeah... I'm Mark", she took his hand and shook it vigorously. Mark vowed he felt his arm breaking off any minute. Yet her hand was warm and smooth, distracting him once again.

Plus this aura of hers was recognizable, no doubt.

He looks familiar... Man, I don't want to get a headache.

-----

In no time, the two began to have small talks and getting to know each other. Mark was half surprised she came from America and was called by her uncle, which is their CEO, to debut in NCT which is supposed to be an all-boys group. He wasn't complaining though.

They had occasional strolling here and there, the breeze gently kept them company as Heart told him stories of her life (but it was just Mark asking her and her willingness to answer). The male listened carefully while she talks about her past, hobbies, and a few events she had when she was staying in America.

-----

Two weeks have passed and the two were closer than ever. The others were beyond confusion, at the same time were very glad just how Mark would beam wherever and whenever there is Heart.

In a span of fewer than three days, they were the best of friends in the group with their continuous bickering and momentarily crackhead episodes. Taeyong isn't going to lie when he said they were the most blatant(or it was just Heart with her unique laugh). They were the happy pills of the group as Heart would instantly attack them with jokes that weren't half funny.

"Sabi ni Mark di niya ako gusto!" yelled Heart across the studio as he jokingly cried to Yuta. Mark blinked at her words. He told her he loves watermelon. In a playful manner, he told her she was the seeds and the boys were the juicy parts. Mark told her to remove every seed.

"I didn't say I didn't like you!"

It's the opposite.

"Dati pa yang gago, we all been known", Yuta nodded pitifully, his hand patting her head as she pretended to cry on his shoulder. Mark scoffed in betrayal.

"Says who?!"

"Malamang ako nagsabi."

"And says me too!" Heart beamed.

"Ahh, hush children! Nagpapraktis ako dito!"

"More like fangirling."

"Don't expose me now"

"Gutom na ako."

"Ang gulo niyo mga hayop, one at the time!"

"Hindi ka pa ba nasanay?"

"I'm done, gusto ko ng ice cream!", Heart roared.

Just then, a sudden knock came on the door. Everyone's heads turned to see who arrived in their humble practice room. He had a smile on his face.

"Hey, little ones we brought you food-"

Heart stared at him in an attempt to threaten him and go away. But the latter ignored this and smiled at her.

"You must be the trainee Mr. Lee was talking about."

"And you must be that guy whom I bumped into a few weeks ago" she grinned widely.

"Oh? Sorry, mabilis ako makalimot eh", Sehun mocked. Heart laughed at how ignorant he is. It felt like yesterday when she wanted to grab her eyes out wanting not to cry to this bastard of an ex. She wasn't being prideful. He is simply not worth it.

"I brought milk teas", he smiled again. Heart avoided his gaze this time, fighting her almost watery eyes blinking it in the process. Her head was contemplating whether it was such a good idea to come here.

Mark saw all of this. He felt the tension and saw those pretty eyes of her shining from the light.  He turned to the milk tea left in the box with a heart drawn on the plastic. He went towards a corner, still eyeing his sunbae who was directing himself to the last cup left in the carton, and gave it to her.

He saw how big Heart's eyes were. He didn't know whether it was shimmering in wonder or her eyes seemed to have glowed like fireflies in the night. The conversation was quite audible, yet all he heard was Heart's question upon how did Sehun still get to remember her favorite flavor.

So she likes taro flavor.

He thought.

However, he ignored that sickening feeling in his heart as he watched the pair eagerly.

-----