That Angsty Couple

Back To Your Arms

"I like you, why can't you see that?!"

Kai was startled by the sudden outburst, her voice stuck in as she couldn't find the fitting words for her to tell. Her fringe covering her eyes from the male who was softly clutching onto her arm.

"Kai, look at me", he commanded.

"Kai, look at me!"

"Ayoko!" She shook her head so much, the male didn't know what to do for her to calm herself. Catching him off guard from the sudden tantrum, he had let go of her arm. Having the chance to escape, she sprinted towards the exit door. Hendery gave out a long sigh, feeling exhausted and distressed to the girl who had been continuously avoiding him.

", ayoko nang maghabol!" shouted Hendery in the hallway. He then run where she left and went to his right.

Pagod na ako, Kai. Pagod na pagod na ako sa arteng mong yan!

-----
Kai looked behind her back after she thought she had left the male behind. She grasped some air, feeling her lungs about to give up on her. For all she knows, love is one scary thing. Her thought of living single forever pleased her, but why did Hendery have to tell her she likes her?

Her best friend, whom she has valued as her brother, likes her.

She shook her head, she didn't want to love anyone. Not ever. She didn't want to risk herself getting hurt each and every time, she didn't want to fell for the same trap over and over again, she didn't want her life miserable with a man acting manipulative towards her.

She didn't want to be like her parents who showed her love was nowhere to be seen.

Kai stood up a bit properly than her last and with slow steps she reached for the entrance. Bulk men were guarding the front and seeing a well-known face stood in front of them, they let her in.

All she had to do anyway was to remove her jacket and fit in the crowd of dancing drunken people, the loud music blaring in her ears, and the smell of beer sunken through her nose.

One thing her friends never knew was she had this in her, yet she has forgotten the fact she has told Hendery about this place which she calls her sweet haven.

it, if he comes then he comes.

She sat by the tall stool, her arms now resting on the platform as she ordered for her usual booze from the bartender. He nodded and winked, making her roll her eyes and playfully scoff. The bartender was, well, an accompany whenever she felt like coming to get wasted. And right now she did. After the man placed her drink in front of her did they locked their lips.

Full-time bartender, part-time kisser.

Why get yourself in a commitment when you can have all the fun while your still single, diba?

She sipped the strongly made drink, loving the bitterness it leaves on her tongue as it sparked in . Taking her third chug, a hand yanked her glass of beer surprising her.

In a bad way.

"Hoy! Sino ka para-"

"I have every right to snatch this glass from you, don't you agree?" Kai looked up and saw the man she had been avoiding for God knows how long. She cursed, blaming herself for being such a careless lady when it comes to escaping.

Hendery then pulled her hand, and out they go from the booming speakers and clamouring shouts around the place. Stepping put from the fancy lighting location, Hendery took them where his car was by. Kai then harshly pushed down her hand from his grip, yet Hendery went to the other side and got into his sleek black car. Kai crossed her arms and huffed. She was mad at the man for meddling her little playtime as she asked what authority does he has. He then pulled down his window and rose a brow.

"You're not getting in?" Kai hardened her jaw, getting irritated as time passes by. She forcedly opened the door and went in, her hand not forgetting to exaggerate the closing of the said door.

"Why the are you after me?!" yelled Kai, letting out her anger at Hendery who made her frustrated at the outcome of her plan of staying and getting a taste of some new faces. Hendery mockingly laughed at how dense she could be.

"Grabe, ang galing mong heartbreaker..."

"What?"

"What-what ka pa diyan, parang di ka naghalik ng limang mga lalaki diyan na nakita mo, ing hell."

"Bakit ka may paki? Sinabi ko bang sundin mo ako dito tapos hilain palabas, ha? May sinabi ba akong pakialaman mo buhay ko?!"

"Alam kong dapat wala akong paki! Pero bwiset naman, Kai, ayoko na nasasaktan ka. You don't even see the effect you have on me!"

"Sinong may sabing nasasaktan ako? Why the hell do you still care?!" shouted Kai loudly.

"May law ba na bawal akong mag-alala sayo?! in- Seriously Kai, I would wait for you, I swear. But please don't you dare run off from me ever again! I feel like every time you ignored me like I did something wrong!"

"Cuz you did", she casually voice out. He scorned at her words, his chuckles far from happiness.

"Kai, if you're telling me that mistake I did was loving you, it was never. You have your ups and downs and I am seriously willing to give you my time to help you with it, I'm not even ing with you right now."

"Huh, I doubt you'd last."

"I'm pretty sure I will. While we're at it, instead of those motherers taking over you, can I be their replacement starting from now on?" he leaned closer to the girl.

"What the are you asking right now- Mmph!"

Hendery gently placed both his hands on her cheeks, his lips on hers. Kai was shocked at his frank actions. She wanted to let go from his strong grasp, not wanting to continue. However, she failed when he placed a hand on her thigh and started caressing it, weakening the girl from the pleasure. Hendery then now had access in her sweet cavern, their tongues fighting for dominance on who will take over. In the end, Kai had the upper hand as she pulled her body forward, sticking her right leg in the gap and sitting her bum on Hendery's lap, lips still attached. Knowing they could lose their breath any longer, they pulled away in search of air and their chest heaving.

"You should have eaten a candy first, you taste alcohol."

"Sino bang nagsimula nito? Ako?" she mocked. Hendery smirked as he scoffed.

"Ya know, ituloy na lang natin toh sa bahay mo..."

"Oh? You're accepting my invitation?"

"Sabi mo ikaw replacement ko..."

"I did say that..."

"But I'm not gonna deal with your log every day, okay?"

"Basta di ka magkikita sa mga lalaki diyan, except sa mga kaibigan ko that is, and do something that you shouldn't be doing with them cuz definitely that position is already taken."

-----