Paselos Natin Ulit

Back To Your Arms

"KUYA MARK!~"

"OH? ANO NANAMAN?"

"Cuddles?" Laine cheekily asked with a beam on her face. Mark rolled his eyes at the request. Nonetheless, complied. However, a certain woman's eyes were flaming in abhorrence as the two had their arms wrapped around each other on the ash grey bean bag of the studio. She told herself to look away and stare at the others. Neither the phone could do a great job of disturbing her from the two's closeness.

I should be on that spot, not her...

Wait, what the -

"Oy, pinag-iisip mo diyan", her voice was shaky, eyes going wide from realizing what she had told herself. Heart lightly pat her cheeks, her eyes shut tight attempting to eliminate those weird thoughts swirling in her head and play the game on her phone.

"Dito na lang... Mas okay pa..."

"KUYA!~"

"Baket ka pa sumisigaw, katabi mo na nga ako", he flicked his fingers on her forehead, causing her to push her head back from the impact and earning a hiss from Laine. Mark and Heart chuckled at her twisted face.

"Anong gusto mo?"

"Smoothie sana..."

"Oh sige, my treat."

"YES! IKAW PA, YOU WON'T SAY NO TO ME!"

"When I'm angry, I do."

"Ehh, mas scary pa mga friends mo kaysa sayo."

"Test natin."

"JOKE LANG, DI MABIRO."

-----

Talagang babae 'yan, grabe pagka-cling kay Mark parang iiwanan pag binitawan.

Heart cursed at the minor (says the one who is a minor herself) for stealing her 'friend' from her. They had scheduled a bubble tea date, but fate was cruel to Heart at the moment. Laine popped out of nowhere and snatched the male's arm, waving at Heart and asking for her permission if she can take her cousin with her for a while. Before the aforementioned could answer, they were out of her sight.

She unintentionally stomped her feet like a child who didn't get her desired candy.

Little does she know, few people were chortling behind her back as they watched her cute frown and burning eyes. One was even eating, a popcorn in their hands.

-----

Three days na nakalipas... LAINE BIGAY MO NA SIYA SAKIN.

Heart tapped impatiently her foot from the solid surface as she sat on one of the cafe's tables for two, arms in akimbo. Her half-lidded eyes scanning the little shop Laine has asked her to come to. Still tapping the hard pavement, she waited for the 'small' brat to come while her mind wondered just what she was planning.

Firstly, she told Heart she asked her if she likes Mark.

Di ko pa rin sure kung gusto ko siya... As friends, oo. No doubt.

Secondly, she left them to be together. It was strange, however. Laine had shown just how much she likes her cousin through various alternatives that burned her heart.

Cousins aren't supposed to marry since blood-related sila, diba?

I have a chance.

"What, anong chance?!" she shouted whispered to herself, feeling her face heating up from just how embarrassing her words were.

Friends lang kayo... Friends lang kayo, aalahanin mo...

"But Mark likes you... Why are you refraining yourself?"

Heart flinched when she saw a figure in front of her out of the blue. Laine rose her hand, signing that she didn't mean to scare her.

"D-did I say that out loud?"

"Yep... Thankfully", she smiled.

"Psh, thankfully ka diyan."

"Kasi I heard some of your thoughts."

"Yun lang ba narinig mo?"

"Simula sa 'I have a chance'."

"Ay...", Heart felt blood rushing to her ears.

"But don't worry, I can help."

Makakapit ka kay Mark, help ka diyan....

"Ate, I like Mark in a brotherly way", Heart breathed so much air she didn't know when to exhale as another blood rush came. Laine chuckled.

"Pero I am assuming my magic worked?" she presumptuously asked.

"Anong magic?"

"You're whipped."

"Anong whipped? Anong magic? Huh?"

"Ate selos ka ulit noh?"

"H-huh?" she was caught off guard, "h-hindi ha!"

"Liar. I can practically read you" she lightly laughed.

"..."

"Ate... What's stopping you ba?"

"Umm..." Laine sighed.

"I may look young, pero if you tell me what's refraining you, then I can maybe solve a bit of your problem."

"I'm not sure if I can share you this story..."

"Then tell me lang what is bothering you to abstain."

She still has Sehun's words in her head, and most probably in her heart yet Mark gave such a huge impact on her life. Their bonding was something she treasures so much. His loud laugh makes her insides jump. His smile was contaminating. His voice was as smooth as honey but if it cracks, she would have still loved him for it.

Love...

"Tell me honestly, though. Did you get jealous whenever I'm near him?"

Heart thought about it. Whenever she's around, she would see her like a fly bugging the hell out of Mark, yet when he laughs his cousin seems to be a beautiful butterfly in his eyes. She was like a lost puppy wandering wherever her owner goes and making them the brightest people alive.

But Heart didn't want to be a puppy in his eyes.

She wanted her to be his lover.







 

~Flashback~

"Sure ka ba diyan?"

"Of course. Magpinsan nga kami, pero ribal and tingin niya sa akin WAHAHAHA."

"Gaga, lakas ng boses mo", her friend hit the back of her head. She rubbed the part that was pounding.

"Aray naman pre, ikaw lang naman crush ko YIEIEIEEE KILIG KA NA!"

"BALIW KA NA."

"PARA SAYO DATI PA WIEEEE."

"ANO BA", her friend sighed devastatingly.

"Sinasabi ko sa inyo, it will work!"