Chapter Four

For The Reason That

Seokjin doesn’t answer, too occupied with taking in this new side of Jungkook. A side where his piercing eyes soften, jaw not clenched, the ghost of a smile over his lips. He looks warm and comforting.

 

Seokjin steps back from the prince, his hand still holding his forehead. He looks everywhere but at Jungkook. “I-It should be fine.” He scolds himself for stuttering. Clearing his throat, he raises his head. “Thank you for escorting me here. I can go the rest of the way myself,” Seokjin tells Jungkook.

 

He doesn’t wait for Jungkook’s response, turning on his heels and walking towards the Palace of Rumex. He drops the hand that’s covering his forehead, not having to hide it anymore. 

 

‘What was I thinking back there?’ Seokjin thinks. Why was he so immersed in Jungkook then? Seokjin shakes his head. He was just befuddled with the prince’s actions and reactions. That’s it. Nothing more. 

 

He arrives at his palace doors where Hyeon is waiting for him. Seokjin’s confused when she doesn’t exclaim at the sight of his forehead right away. As she escorts Seokjin to his bedchamber, she doesn’t say a single thing about Seokjin’s forehead. 

 

Confused, Seokjin asks, “Hyeon, is my forehead red?” 

 

Hyeon’s face twists in confusion, “Red?” She examines Seokjin’s forehead. “I don’t see any red nor pink, Your Royal Highness. Is something wrong?” 

 

Seokjin could feel his face turning pink now. Jungkook lied to him?! Seokjin feels embarrassment run over him. And to think he believed Jungkook. Jungkook’s most likely laughing right now at Seokjin’s gullibility. 

 

~~~~

 

Seokjin nods and smiles as Prince Taehyung go on to tell him the name of the song that’s currently playing and the story behind it. He laughs as Prince Taehyung’s storytelling comes to a funny part. 

 

The evening has been full of fun and laughter. Yet, Seokjin couldn’t focus on just Prince Taehyung like he usually does. Seokjin looks over his shoulder, doing his best to not look like he was doing so. 

 

The event that was being held tonight was to welcome an allied King who had come to visit. It isn’t as important as some celebrations so Seokjin was surprised when Jungkook had decided to show up. 

 

Seokjin still feels shame from believing Jungkook so easily at their last encounter. “Prince Seokjin, shall we go meet the King of the East?” Prince Taehyung asks. Seokjin agrees, bringing his thoughts back to Prince Taehyung. Together, they go greet the King. 

 

Seokjin felt himself suppressing a yawn and plasters a smile on his face as he listens to the King of the East and Prince Taehyung’s conversation. The moon has already made its appearance, and Seokjin was starting to feel tired. 

 

The King laughs a loud and bellowing laugh, making Seokjin flinch a little. “What a great idea you have, Prince Taehyung,” the King says through his laughter. “Have you told your father of this idea?”

 

Prince Taehyung smiles, “Father wouldn’t approve of such foolish idea.” 

 

“Well, surely Prince Seokjin doesn’t think it’s foolish,” the King says, inviting Seokjin into the conversation. 

 

“Of course not,” Seokjin says right away. He turns to Prince Taehyung. “All of his Royal Highness’ thoughts and ideas are interesting and although he doesn’t flaunt it, he is one of the most intelligent people I know.” All of what he said was true and from the bottom of his heart. Although he’s staring at Prince Taehyung he can’t read his face.

 

 The King laughs again, “Not only do you have a handsome husband but one who supports you dearly.” 

 

Seokjin blushes at his statement. Prince Taehyung smiles a small and for show smile. Catching this, Seokjin stops blushing.

 

~~~~

 

Seokjin walks back to his bedchamber conflicted. He thought he and Prince Taehyung had a delightful time. Yet, the way Prince Taehyung reacted to what he said, leaves him feeling uneasy. 

 

Just then, a swift gush of wind rushes past Seokjin. Bringing along with it, the flame in Seokjin’s lantern. Seokjin freezes, eyes not used to the dark. It’s alright. The Palace of Rumex isn’t far away. 

 

He tries to think happy thoughts as he continues walking. However, only Prince Taehyung’s fake smile comes to mind. The atmosphere around him does not help one bit. 

 

After walking a while, Seokjin hears footsteps? He stops walking, alert, and scanning the area. The night covers his vision, leaving him to only see a few feet before him. 

 

‘Maybe it was just an animal,’ Seokjin thinks to himself as he continues walking. Then again came the noise. Seokjin wanted to tell himself it was just an animal but the Imperial Palace doesn’t harbor any animals. The only ones Seokjin’s seen are birds.

 

The footsteps seem to mimic Seokjin’s footsteps. Probably a person’s footsteps that he’s hearing then. Contrary to Seokjin’s, they’re fast, light, and swift. As those of assassins.

 

Seokjin continues onwards with his heart beating wildly at his assumption. His pace quickens as he continues hearing those sly but not silent footsteps. They seem to be coming closer. 

 

Seokjin’s thoughts are racing now. What should he do? Should he run? Should he call for help? 

 

Seokjin sneaks a glance behind him. If the footsteps sound close, that must mean the pursuer is close as well. His eyes widen as he catches slight movement before seeing nothing as the darkness covers the person. 

 

He is not imagining things. There is someone following him. Seokjin turns back forward, masking his panic with a calm expression, and walks. Coming to the best conclusion, Seokjin decides that he’s going to run. 

 

Just a bit more walking until he’s close. Just until he reaches that tree, then he’ll go sprinting. 

 

The footsteps follow closely behind him and Seokjin’s feet just want to start running but he waits. He has to wait until he’s closer to his palace first so it’s not a losing chase. It feels like forever until Seokjin reaches the tree. 

 

The footsteps behind him becoming more daunting with each step. Once at the tree, Seokjin runs. He could hear the footsteps behind him loud and clear now. There’s no point for the pursuer to be quiet anymore as Seokjin already found them out. 

 

He sweats nervously as the person’s steps become louder. They’re faster than Seokjin. ‘What should I do?! Should I continue running for the Palace of Rumex?! Should I run elsewhere to lose them?! Should I yell for help?!’ Before Seokjin can make a decision, a hand grabs his arm, pulling him back. 

 

Seokjin’s about to yell when the person asks, “What are you doing?” His voice laced with accusation. His voice also sounded oddly familiar. 

 

Seokjin blinks a couple of times, eyes adjusting to the dark as he tries to make out the face of this person. Seokjin squints. This voice, this grip. It feels familiar. “....Your Highness?” Jungkook?

 

~~~~

 

“I thought you were an assassin or intruder,” Jungkook tells him. 

 

Seokjin’s brows shoot up. “Me? The assassin? I thought you were the assassin. Sneaking behind me all quiet and swift,” Seokjin says, riled up. 

 

“Sorry for giving you a scare,” Jungkook’s voice seems meek. “I saw a figure walking around in the palace without a lantern or other people. I thought it was suspicious.” 

 

Thinking about it, it would make sense why Jungkook mistook Seokjin for someone fishy. Seokjin’s voice softens, “It’s fine. I guess we both just misunderstood each other..again.” Together, the two continue towards the Palace of Rumex.

 

With fear gone, a grey cloud settles over Seokjin’s head again. “How come you left so late?” Jungkook asks to Seokjin’s surprise. Seokjin had thought they were going to be silent for the rest of the night. 

 

“Prince Taehyung and I were talking with the King of the East,” Seokjin tells him. Jungkook doesn’t say anything and Seokjin should just drop it at that. However, an almost gloomy feeling radiates off Jungkook. “Did I say something to offend you, Your Highness?”

 

“Hm?” Jungkook says, the shadows still over his face, making Seokjin feel more lost. The only thing he has to go on is Jungkook’s tone of voice.

 

“You’re,” Seokjin pauses, trying to make out the prince’s face in the dark. “upset.” 

 

“What makes you say that, Your Royal Highness?” Jungkook replies in that tone where Seokjin can’t understand. That tone he uses when talking to the King and Queen. 

 

For some reason, this frustrates Seokjin. Seokjin stops walking just as they arrive before the doors to his palace. He turns, facing Jungkook. Behind Seokjin stood two big lanterns. Yet, with Jungkook’s distance, the night still masked his face.

 

“Like right now,” Seokjin says, dropping the ‘Highness’. “You’re upset to the point where I can feel the gloomy energy coming off of you.” Seokjin doesn’t know why but, “Why is that so?” 

 

Jungkook steps out from the shadows, the flame from the lanterns dances in his eyes. “Why do you smile so much for them?” Seokjin’s taken aback by the question. Didn’t he already answer this, though? Jungkook’s eyes meet his. “Why do you smile so much for him?” Prince Taehyung.

 

Seokjin steps back, suddenly feeling like the space between him and Jungkook is too small. “I..already told you...”

 

Jungkook’s eyes linger on Seokjin. “Even though you were taught to do that by your parents, I don’t think you need to do it.” At this, Seokjin’s eyes flicker back to him. “If you don’t feel like smiling, if you don’t have an ounce of happiness, you don’t have to fake a smile.” Jungkook’s eyes are gentle as he finishes. “Doesn’t it get tiring?”

 

‘Tiring? No. It’s exhausting,’ Seokjin thinks. Yet, his lips stay close together. He can’t admit to that. Even to Jungkook. Of course not to Jungkook. Seokjin rips his eyes away from Jungkook’s. 

 

Jungkook takes a step towards Seokjin, “Tomorrow at noon, I’ll visit the marketplace. I’ll exit from the back of my palace.”

 

‘Why are you telling me this?’ Seokjin thinks but doesn’t voice it.

 

“You haven’t been to the marketplace before, have you?” 

 

~~~~

 

Seokjin pulls the shawl closer around his shoulders. He sighs, “I apologize for lying to you, Hyeon.” There isn’t exactly anything wrong with doing this, right? However, Seokjin can’t bring himself to tell Hyeon about it. 

 

A clearing of the throat could be heard, shaking Seokjin out of his thoughts. “Hmm..who could you be, Your Royal Highness?” Seokjin flushes, whipping his head to the oh too familiar voice. 

 

Leaning against the palace walls is none other than Jungkook. He’s wearing a tattered beige shirt, paired with dirty green pants. His eyes bore amusement from his earlier words. Seokjin pulls the shawl over his head. “Why did you come so late, Your Highness?” He says, almost demanding. 

 

Jungkook walks towards him, “I didn’t think you’d come.” Seokjin didn’t think he’d come either. “Sorry for making you wait,” Jungkook says, voice somewhat cheery. “Shall we get going?”

 

Seokjin presses his lips together, second-guessing his decision. Already, Jungkook has advanced towards the back gate of the Palace of Tiger Lily. Seokjin looks back. 

 

The Palace of Tiger Lily is one of the farthest palaces from the main palace. It stays in the back, right next to the wall that separates the royals from the outside. Looking back, he sees nothing but the empty Palace of Tiger Lily. However, beyond that is his palace and everyone else. 

 

Seokjin clutches the shawl around him. All this time since arriving here and he has yet to step out from the Imperial Palace. Seokjin places a hand on his heart. Nervousness and worry lie within him. 

 

“Your Royal Highness,” Seokjin hears Jungkook call. He turns back to Jungkook who is already past the gate. He tilts his head upon seeing that Seokjin has not moved. The scenery behind Jungkook is nothing but nature. It’s odd to see something more than what’s in the palace walls.

 

In those clothes, Prince Jungkook doesn’t look like a prince at all. Not even a noble. He looks carefree, young, and normal. 

 

Seokjin’s hand that was resting on his heart drops. He takes a step forward. 

 

~~~~

 

Seokjin’s eyes were not big enough to take in all the new things he was seeing. Different smells of food wafted through the air. Unknown and unique items lied on tables. So many people wander through the marketplace. No spaces were left quiet and unbothered. 

 

“Are you sure you don’t want to take your shawl off?” Jungkook asks him. Seokjin shakes his head, despite the sweat that was starting to form under it. The sun sat in the sky, its heat beating down on the kingdom. It felt like summer.

 

“Jeon!” Seokjin watches as a man squeeze through the crowd, coming to them? Maybe it just looks like he’s talking to them. Yet, his eyes are transfixed on Jungkook. 

 

Seokjin leans closer to Jungkook, “Who’s Jeon?” 

 

Jungkook turns to him, “You’ll see.” Seokjin wants to protest and asks what he means but before he could do so, the man arrives in front of them. 

 

“I haven’t seen you in a while, Jeon. Thought something bad happened to you,” the man says, looking directly at Jungkook. Seokjin’s lips part as he understands. ‘Of course, he wouldn’t use his real name.’

 

“I’ve been busy,” Jungkook replies casually. “How’s your grandma?”

 

The man’s eyes beam, and he throws a hand on Jungkook’s shoulder. “Well! Thanks to you!” 

 

Seokjin’s eyes widen as Jungkook smiles. “No need to say thanks, Hoseok.” Hoseok smiles brightly, as bright as the sun. Turning to Seokjin, Jungkook introduces him, “Hoseok, meet Jin, a friend of mines.” 

 

‘Jin?’ Seokjin thinks. The name doesn’t sound bad but only now does Seokjin realized that his name has never been changed from Seokjin. “And Jin meet Hoseok, my friend.” 

 

“Hello!” Hoseok greets excitedly and welcoming.

 

Seokjin smiles, “Nice to meet you, Mr. Hoseok.” 

 

Hoseok’s brows shoot up. He waves his hands, “No need for the formalities. Just Hoseok is perfect.”

 

Seokjin nods. However, his brain was still not functioning the thought of not using formalities. Especially with someone he just met. 

 

Hoseok’s face lights up as if remembering something. “There’s a new restaurant that just opened. The seafood there is the most delicious in the kingdom yet. Have you guys gone there?”

 

‘Seafood!’ Seokjin has not eaten seafood at all this past month. The thought of it is already making his stomach growl. 

 

Jungkook takes one glance at Seokjin before replying, “How about we go there now?”

 

~~~~

 

Seokjin inhales the smell of the food. Despite being seafood, it smells different from the seafood he has in the palace. “Go ahead, it’s delicious,” Jungkook tells him as if sensing his vacillation. 

 

Slowly, Seokjin brings the piece of lobster into his mouth. The meat is so tender and savory. The flavor is bursting through the roof. Seokjin gobbles the lobster down with some rice before stuffing more into his mouth. ‘It’s so delicious!’

 

“If I had not known you, the thought of you being a prince would not cross my mind at all,” Jungkook comments from the side. Seokjin feels embarrassed, slowly gulping down the food in his mouth. 

 

Seokjin eats quietly and this time, making sure he’s still proper. “You don’t have to eat like that,” Jungkook notices. “Just eat normally.” Seokjin presses his lips together. “You don’t have to be a prince here.” Jungkook starts munching on his food, moving on from the topic. 

 

Seokjin watches him from the corners of his eyes. On the way here, they ran into an old man who was having trouble carrying boxes. Jungkook had help right away, the dirt from the boxes getting all over his clothes. 

 

And to Seokjin’s surprise, the man knew Jungkook well. Calling him ‘Jeon’ and conversing freely with him as they walked together. Thinking back on it, those who know Jungkook would greet them happily and comfortably. 

 

This makes Seokjin wonder how often Jungkook comes to the marketplace. Also, how he acts here.

 

Seokjin dismisses his thoughts and returns to his delicious seafood meal. Hoseok comes to the table, setting more dishes on the table. “How’s the food, Jin?”

 

Seokjin smiles, “Delicious. Thank you for bringing us here, Hoseok.” 

 

Hoseok shrugs but smiles back. Occupied in the new dishes, Seokjin doesn’t pay much mind to Jungkook and Hoseok’s conversation.

 

“Hey, Jeon. How’s Jimin?” Hoseok asks, between bites. 

 

Jungkook doesn’t reply right away. “He’s working,” Jungkook gives a short answer, occupied in eating.

 

~~~~

 

“Bye, Jeon!” Hoseok yells, waving. “Bye, Jin!” Seokjin and Jungkook waves back. Slowly, Hoseok’s retreating back is no longer to be seen in the crowd. 

 

“You have a nice friend,” Seokjin says to Jungkook as Jungkook leads them somewhere. 

 

“Hoseok’s nice to everyone. Almost too nice sometimes,” Jungkook tells him. “So you should be nice to him too.” 

 

Seokjin feels offended at his words. He pouts, “I am nice to him.” 

 

Jungkook turns to him, bearing a smile he has never seen on Prince Jungkook. “Really?” Seokjin wants to throw a smart reply at him but his eyes stay transfixed to his smile. Jungkook’s smile slowly subsides and he clears his throat. He turns to the vendor by them, “Can I get one order of dried squid?” 

 

‘Dried squid?’ Seokjin has never heard of such a thing. Squid, he’s heard of but dried? Not at all. 

 

“Thank you,” Jungkook says as he takes the, what Seokjin assumes, dried squid from the vendor. Jungkook picks off a piece and plops it into his mouth, chewing it. He holds the dried squid out to Seokjin.

 

“No thank you,” Seokjin declines, staring at the odd food. 

 

Jungkook raises a brow, “Why not?” 

 

Seokjin brushes the question off with, “I already ate.” The real reason lies with how foreign the food is to Seokjin. 

 

Jungkook plops another piece into his mouth, “It’s only a snack. It won’t be heavy on your stomach.” Seokjin doesn’t give another glance at the squid before shaking his head. “I didn’t take you for someone picky.” 

 

At this, Seokjin protest right away, “I’m not...picky.” The smug look on Jungkook’s face urges Seokjin to back up his claim. “I just don’t want to eat it.” Jungkook doesn’t look convinced. “What if I’m allergic to it?” 

 

“Have you eaten squid before?” Jungkook interrogates. 

 

“Yes, I have,” Seokjin proudly answers. 

 

“And did you get sick from that?” Jungkook continues. Seokjin deflates. Jungkook doesn’t need a verbal response to know the answer. A mere smirk cross Jungkook’s face, claiming his victory. It fades away and he says, “Don’t worry. If you don’t want it, I won’t force you.” 

 

Although he sounds genuine when saying that, Seokjin stills feels slight embarrassment from Jungkook being right. In a quick swipe, he takes a piece of the dried squid. He plops it into his mouth just as Jungkook catches on to what he just did.

 

The dried squid is thin and crispy. Surprisingly it doesn’t have that strong of seafood taste. It’s quite nice. “See,” Jungkook begins. “If you just give it a chance, it isn’t bad, is it?”

 

Reluctantly, Seokjin reaches for another piece. “I suppose you’re right,” he admits. 

 

Jungkook switches the dried squid from his left hand to his right where it’s closer to Seokjin. They continue munching on the dried squid, walking further into the marketplace as the sun starts to set. 

 

~~~~

 

Seokjin’s glad he brought his shawl along. Despite it feeling like summer earlier, now that the sun has set, the cool autumn air is back. All day, he’s been following Jungkook around. It’s refreshing to see, hear, taste, and do so many different things. 

 

Seokjin looks at the back of Jungkook’s head, curious as to where else Jungkook is going to take him. That is until Seokjin starts to see a clearing. The same clearing he saw when they came at noon. 

 

Seokjin’s shoulders slump. He doesn’t want to return to the palace just yet. The day has been so fun. He doesn’t want it to end. Seokjin reaches for Jungkook’s sleeve but stops midway. “Your Highness,” Seokjin calls out quietly so others can’t hear. 

 

“Yes, Jin,” Jungkook answers, turning on his heels to face Seokjin. The name leaves an odd feeling residing in Seokjin. Unlike Jungkook whose alias is a completely different name, ‘Jin’ is still a part of Seokjin. That being, the name feels almost....affectionate.

 

Seokjin ignores his thoughts. “I don’t want to return just yet,” he picks his words out carefully. 

 

Jungkook’s brow raises, “You don’t?” Seokjin shakes his head. Jungkook glances around them. “Then, what do you want to do?”

 

Seokjin scratches the back of his neck, feeling awkward as Jungkook’s doe eyes watch him. “I don’t know,” Seokjin lowers his head. He feels like a child who refuses to go home. Seokjin shakes off the feeling and raises his head high, “Can’t you bring me somewhere? You know this place more than I do.”

 

Jungkook’s eyes trail away from him as if to consider Seokjin’s request. He doesn’t look like he’ll change his mind though. “Please, Jeon,” Seokjin pleads, voice sweet and soft like silk. Despite, Jungkook telling him to use his alias. Only now does, Seokjin uses it. 

 

Jungkook stiffens momentarily at the name, his head turned away from Seokjin. But then, he looks back at Seokjin. “I know one more place I think you’ll like.” 

 

~~~~

 

Seokjin gasps as the view of a channel came into view. The channel was just past the marketplace. By the water were a few people and canoes. Seokjin had never seen one before. Only heard of them. 

 

Seokjin pulls on Jungkook’s sleeve. “Can we go on one of the canoes?” He asks, excitement clear in his voice and a smile on his face. He wonders how it feels like in a canoe. Is it scary? Does the canoe move a lot? Do you have to stay really still? He can’t wait to write to his parents that he rode in one!

 

Jungkook turns towards the canoe and nods, “Mmh.” Seokjin lets go of Jungkook’s sleeve. His eyes light up as he and Jungkook go closer to the water. Jungkook asks to borrow one of the canoes.

 

Then, Jungkook gets into the canoe. Seokjin watches with big eyes as Jungkook steps into it. He stares down at the water, trying to see how deep it is and how much movement there is from the canoe. Suddenly, a hand comes into his vision. 

 

Seokjin looks up to where Jungkook is holding out his hand. He’s already sitting in the canoe. Seokjin ignores his hand and puts one foot into the canoe. Instantly, the canoe starts moving unstably. 

 

Seokjin doesn’t have to think twice before he grabs Jungkook’s outreach hand. A small smirk makes its way on Jungkook’s lips and Seokjin feels warmth come to his face. He pushes away the feeling and steps into the canoe.

 

It wobbles slightly and Seokjin finds himself holding his breath. When he’s seated, the wobbling subsides. He lets go of Jungkook’s hand, eyes roaming the water beneath them. 

 

As Jungkook paddles, Seokjin can’t get enough of the scenery around them. Since the sun is now gone, all the lanterns have been lit. Looking all around them, the many lanterns create a beautiful night scene. 

 

Lanterns next to the river, bounce into the water, shimmering off beautifully. As Jungkook paddles them further away from where most people were, the lanterns’ lights faded, and replacing it, were the stars above. 

 

Seokjin stares, awestruck at the stars. He looks down at the water where the stars’ reflection is. Then, something in the water catches his eyes. “Can you slow down?” Seokjin asks Jungkook as they come closer to it. Once close enough, Seokjin reaches a hand out. 

 

With a tug, the lotus flower is in Seokjin’s hand. Seokjin brings it to his face, smiling as he sees that some water droplets are on it. He raises his head to meet Jungkook who awkwardly turns away. 

 

Seokjin looks back at the lotus flower. “Jeon,” Seokjin says softly to get his attention. Jungkook turns back to him. “Have you heard of the tale of the Lotus Flower?” 

 

Jungkook shakes his head, “Would you tell me, Jin?” 

 

Seokjin’s ears linger on the last syllable of that sentence for a moment. His eyes meeting Jungkook’s. “On a starry night with no moonlight,” Seokjin’s eyes go to the sky above them which is lacking the shimmering moon. “If you pick a lotus flower and count a perfect seven drops of water, no more, no less. Then any wish you make will come true.” 

 

Seokjin recounts the number of droplets on the lotus flower. A perfect seven. He holds the flower out to Jungkook. “I count seven droplets,” Seokjin tells him.

 

Jungkook still has the paddle in hand but has stopped paddling a while ago. “Then, make a wish,” Jungkook says, not fully understanding Seokjin’s action. 

 

Seokjin flushes as he shakes his head. “I’m giving the wish to you as a thank you for bringing me here.” Seokjin’s gaze stays on the flower, not able to meet Jungkook’s. “Thank you for making me feel better.” 

 

He holds the flower out with both hands, reaching as far out as he can. He has given tokens of appreciation many times before. Somehow, this time, it feels different. Seokjin starts to feel embarrassed as the flower stays untouched in his hands. “It’d be rude of you not to accept this, Your High-“

 

Jungkook places a hand on top of Seokjin’s. “Don’t call me that right now,” he says faintly. Seokjin parts his lips to ask why but decides to keep quiet as their eyes make contact. “If it weren’t for you, I wouldn’t even know of this tale. Therefore, you should make the wish.”

 

“But if it weren’t for you, I wouldn’t have stepped out of the palace and wouldn’t have been able to experience so many new things. Ergo, you should have the wish as a token of my appreciation,” Seokjin says, confidently and quickly.

 

Jungkook sighs, somewhat giving in, “How about we both make a wish?” 

 

Seokjin presses his lips together, not completely on board with the suggestion. “The tale didn’t list that as a possibility.” 

 

Jungkook shrugs, “Well, we can add to the tale.” Seokjin still doesn’t want to do it. Not wanting to sabotage the wish. However, Jungkook doesn’t seem like he’ll want it any other way. 

 

“Alright,” Seokjin agrees. Maybe he’s just seeing things but a quick twinkle lights up Jungkook’s eyes. They both close their eyes, casting a wish. ‘I wish happiness to my parents and anyone I love.’ 

 

Seokjin opens his eyes, watching as Jungkook’s eyes stay close.