Chapter Sixteen

For The Reason That

"What made you want to perform with the flower knights?" Seokjin asks, playing with Jungkook's veiny hand.

 

"I didn't want to and I'm not even a flower knight but General Sohn insisted I do. According to him, I'm young and youthful like them," Jungkook tells him. 

 

Seokjin weaves his hand into Jungkook's, "He's not wrong." 

 

"I suppose it wasn't so bad. Kind of fun and it was nice working with the knights," Jungkook lets his head fall onto Seokjin's shoulder. "And you enjoyed it, didn't you?" he asks teasingly. 

 

"I wasn't expecting it," Seokjin lets his mind wander back to seeing Jungkook on stage. "So it took me by a...pleasant surprise," he admits. Jungkook looked like he was born to perform. He looked like he was enjoying himself, which made Seokjin liked it more. 

 

Jungkook laughs, "I could give you a private performance if you wish."

 

"N-no need to," Seokjin blubbers, though part of him wouldn't mind seeing it again. 

 

Jungkook's laugh simmers down. "Anyways, General Sohn told me the real reason he wanted me to perform."

 

"Which is?" Seokjin probes, curious as to why Jungkook seems to be deep in thought. 

 

"He," Jungkook starts, breathing softly. "wants me to familiarize myself with the knights and become a commander." 

 

"That's great, Jungkook," Seokjin beams. He's glad that Jungkook's talent is being recognized. 

 

"You think so?" Jungkook peers up at him, as if doubtful about his response. 

 

"I do," Seokjin's eyes smile. "Not only will you be Prince Jungkook. You'll also be Commander Kim Jungkook." 

 

Jungkook wrinkles his nose at the title. "That doesn't sound right. Also, General Sohn said that if I wanted to, I could just become a general and skip the whole commander thing," Jungkook notes casually. 

 

"Wow," Seokjin gasps. "So it'll be General Kim Jungkook," he says, excitedly. 

 

Jungkook clicks his tongue, "It still sounds weird though." 

 

"Hmm," Seokjin thinks for a moment. "Then how about General Jeon Jungkook," he stares bright-eyed at Jungkook. 

 

Jungkook smiles broadly, "I like that a lot more." 

 

Seokjin pulls away from Jungkook and bows. "Congratulations on your promotion, General Jeon," the name rolls off his tongue nicely and he realizes how much he misses calling Jungkook Jeon. 

 

Jungkook plays along, "Thank you, Your Royal Highness." Then he squints at Seokjin, tilting his head. "You bore an odd resemblance to a lowly commoner I know." 

 

Seokjin represses his smile, "And who may this lowly commoner be?" 

 

"He goes by the name..." Slowly, Jungkook leans forward, fondness painted on his face. "Jin." Then he lunges forward, pushing Seokjin onto his back. Seokjin bubbles into giggles as Jungkook pecks him all over the face. 

 

"Stop it, Jeon," Seokjin says as his giggles die down into a smile. Though they were upstairs, he doesn't want to be too loud. 

 

"No," Jungkook stubbornly objects as he places a quick kiss on Seokjin's lip. 

 

Though enjoying it, Seokjin says, "Get off." 

 

Jungkook pecks Seokjin's lips again. "Why?" He lowers himself, making the distance between them smaller. "I like where I am right now," his voice husky and leaving a foreign feeling in Seokjin's stomach. With that, Jungkook proceeds to close the distance between them.

 

Seokjin almost lets his eyes close and let himself follow Jungkook. Yet, he decides to instead. Jungkook's eyes are closed, focused on kissing him. Seokjin smirks as he pushes Jungkook off of him, quickly standing up. 

 

Jungkook looks up at him, confused and lips in the middle of forming a kiss. "Catch me if you can, Jeon," Seokjin challenges before running to the other side of the room. Catching on, Jungkook stands up with a grin before chasing after Seokjin. 

 

 ~~~~

 

Seokjin's all smiles as he walks down the stairs, doing all he can not to turn back and run into the arms of Jungkook who's still upstairs. Time is cruel and the event is ending. Seokjin came down first and Jungkook will follow later to not cause suspicion. 

 

With it being late and everyone is exhausted, no one pays attention to Seokjin. He's glad that he can just go back to his palace without having to converse with anyone. The front exit is crowded so Seokjin decides to exit by the side. 

 

He takes a step outside, hearing the snow crunch under his foot as it has just freshly fallen. "Prince Seokjin," a familiar voice calls. Seokjin's head whips up to find Prince Taehyung standing only a few feet away from him. "I thought you already went back to the Palace of Rumex," Prince Taehyung walks towards him. 

 

Seokjin avoids his eyes, remembering that he had ditched the prince. "After the flower knights' performance, you disappeared. Where did you go?" the crown prince questions, now standing in front of Seokjin. 

 

"I," Seokjin swallows. "I met an old friend from back home," he lies. He hates how easily lying has come to him and how easy it is for people to believe him. Yet, lying to Prince Taehyung is a lot harder than lying to Hyeon. "I lost track of time and spoke to him all night. My apologies," he manages to raise his eyes to meet Prince Taehyung's.

 

It's hard to tell the emotion in Prince Taehyung's eyes as he lets Seokjin's lie settle. Seokjin finds himself holding his breath. "What's his name?" Prince Taehyung continues. 

 

Seokjin has to think fast, not expecting Prince Taehyung's interrogation to continue. "Jeon," he says the first name that comes to mind. 

 

Prince Taehyung quirks a brow, "Just Jeon?" 

 

"Jeon Jinyoung," Seokjin adds, choosing a common name. 

 

Prince Taehyung presses his lips together, eyes squinting as if trying to see if the name is of someone he knows. Seokjin wishes silently that no one comes to his mind. Seemingly finding no one, "How come you didn't introduce him to me?"

 

"I thought you would be busy conversing with other guests," Seokjin continues, regaining his composure. 

 

"Next time, introduce me to him and any of your friends. I would like to get to know them," Prince Taehyung presents a small smile as he says so, no longer keeping Seokjin on his toes. 

 

"Of course, Your Royal Highness," Seokjin smiles back, wanting to just leave already.

 

Languidly, Prince Taehyung's fingers trace along Seokjin's jawline. Seokjin stiffens and he wants to pull away but he doesn't, knowing Prince Taehyung will question it if he does. "Call me Taehyung. Just Taehyung."

 

Seokjin's lips part but he doesn't know what to say. He just knows that he wants to leave. Prince Taehyung smiles as he caresses Seokjin's cheek, "Would my husband like to spend the night at my palace?" 

 

Seokjin's stupefied and he wants to outright yell no. However, he knows he can't do that. "I," Seokjin barely speaks. "I'm kind of exhausted, actually," he declines indirectly, hoping Prince Taehyung will get the hint and just leave him alone.

 

Prince Taehyung chuckles lowly. "Then, may I do one more thing before I go?" 

 

"Okay," Seokjin speaks quietly, unsure if he should've said that. Prince Taehyung's smile fades a little as his eyes drop down to Seokjin's lips. His eyes are half-lidded as he brings his lips closer to Seokjin's. 

 

Seokjin's eyes are stricken with panic and he freezes, not knowing what to do. He already lent Prince Taehyung permission to kiss him. But his lips are meant for Jungkook and Jungkook only. 

 

Just as Prince Taehyung's lips were going to make contact with his, Seokjin turns his head. Prince Taehyung kisses his cheek instead. 

 

Before anything else can happen Seokjin speaks quickly, "Goodnight, Your Royal Highness." He doesn't wait a moment longer before he turns and dashes out of there.

 

~~~~

 

A month pass and Seokjin finds himself not just liking Jungkook more and more. His feelings seem to be running a lot deeper than that. Jungkook has become busier since he became General but they still carve as much time as possible to be with one another.

 

Seokjin smiles fondly as Jungkook inhales the food he cooked for him. "Oh, Jin," Jungkook says between bites. "Your food is out of the world!" He shoves more into his mouth, cheeks puffing up. 

 

Seokjin laughs, wiping the corners of his mouth. "Eat slowly and enjoy it. Don't rush it or else you might choke," he chides half-heartedly. Delight danced in his heart seeing Jungkook eat so well.

 

Jungkook swallows before obediently answering, "Yes, Jin." 

 

As Jungkook eats, Seokjin tells him how his past three days without Jungkook went. Jungkook had gone on a training trip with his soldiers. "It was quite nice, calming, and peaceful," Seokjin comments nonchalantly as he finishes though really, it was boring and Seokjin missed Jungkook so much.

 

"Ah," Jungkook puts down his chopsticks. "I'm glad you had a good time." He takes a bite between his words. "I met this guy on my trip. He's really handsome. Like if you saw him, your jaw will drop."

 

"Oh," Seokjin simply says, telling himself that it's good that Jungkook made a friend.

 

"Not only is he good-looking, but he's also great with archery and real smart too." Jungkook snaps his fingers, "He even cooked me really delicious food. You should try it someday," Jungkook tells him, going back to eating. 

 

"Oh," Seokjin says again, this time a little flatter. 'Looks like Jungkook had a great time without me and hear I was, missing him to death,' Seokjin thinks glumly. Jungkook burst out laughing, making Seokjin flinch out of his thoughts. "What's so funny?" Seokjin asks, still dispirited.

 

Jungkook continues laughing and points his chopstick at Seokjin. Seokjin frowns, not understanding him. Jungkook's still laughing a little as he explains to Seokjin. "I didn't meet no handsome guy." 

 

"Then who were you talking about?" Seokjin asks, not noticing his pouting lips. 

 

"You, silly," Jungkook tells him, smiling that smile that makes him look like a bunny. 

 

"Oh," Seokjin says, this time quiet and embarrassed. Jungkook continues laughing which makes Seokjin more embarrassed. With a huff, he stands up and walks away. 

 

He hears Jungkook call his name but he doesn't look back, walking through the snow until he reaches another tree. They're in the field where Jungkook first saw Seokjin crying. Where Seokjin used to run to escape from the palace. 

 

Seokjin leans against the tree. So many things have happened since then. Since Jungkook first spoke to him in the cave. 

 

A pair of strong muscular arms wrap around Seokjin's waist. Jungkook rests his chin on Seokjin's shoulder. "I'm sorry, Seokjin." There is no longer traces of laughter in his voice. "Please don't be mad at me." Seokjin keeps a poker face, staring straight ahead. 

 

"Please, Jin," Jungkook places a soft kiss on his cheek. "Every day when I was away, I thought of only you. Every time I wanted to give up, I thought of you waiting for me and continued. In my free time, I played my hulusi, thinking of you," his voice is gentle and loving, just the way Seokjin likes it. "Remember," he could hear the smile in Jungkook's voice. "You're my muse." 

 

At this, Seokjin can't help it as his face breaks into a smile. He glances at Jungkook, "Don't do that again. It wasn't funny." 

 

"I thought it was funny." Seokjin glares at him. "But I won't do it anymore," Jungkook says, raising his hands. He rests them back on Seokjin's waist. "Only if you stop it too," Jungkook continues, faking a glare at Seokjin. 

 

Seokjin crinkles his nose, "Stop what? I didn't do anything to you."

 

"Did so," Jungkook opposes. "You acted like you didn't miss me at all," he pouts. 

 

Now, it's Seokjin's turn to laugh. "I was just playing with you," Seokjin says between his laugh. 

 

"So you were doing the same thing I was doing," Jungkook says matter-of-factly. 

 

Seokjin smiles nervously, "Yeah..." Exaggeratedly, Jungkook pulls away from him, turning his back to Seokjin. "I apologize for doing that. I didn't think you would care that much about it," Seokjin says as he back hugs Jungkook. "Forgive me, Jeon?" He rests his chin on Jungkook's shoulder, peering at his face. 

 

Curtly, Jungkook nods. "Now," Jungkook leans his head towards Seokjin. "Kiss," he offers his cheek to Seokjin. 

 

Seokjin smiles at how childish he is. He complies, pressing a sweet kiss to Jungkook's cheek. 

 

~~~~

 

"Here, try this," Prince Taehyung puts some meat onto Seokjin's plate. "I asked the chef to make this specifically for you," he tells Seokjin. 

 

"Thank you," Seokjin says politely as he tastes the meat. He chews slowly, letting the flavors spread in his mouth. He finishes and Prince Taehyung's still watching him, wide-eyed. "It's good," Seokjin comments which makes him smile and grab more, piling it on Seokjin's plate. 

 

Seokjin looks up, and his eyes meet the Royal Consort's who looks almost sad. He looks to the side to where Jungkook is sitting but Jungkook's head is down, chopsticks playing with his food, unable to look at Seokjin and Prince Taehyung.

 

Seokjin lowers his eyes, nodding as Prince Taehyung tells him something. It's stifling and a bit uncomfortable with Prince Taehyung being the only voice at the table. Today's luncheon consists of the King, Queen, Prince Taehyung, Jungkook, Jimin, and Seokjin. Ever since the passing of Lady Yeona, there has been an empty chair at the table so, at one point, Jimin started joining them.

 

Seokjin doesn't know why but Prince Taehyung keeps talking to him. He also keeps visiting him at the Palace of Rumex. The wall he once built between him and Seokjin is broken down. 

 

Seokjin hates it because he wants nothing to do with Prince Taehyung anymore. He especially hates it when Jungkook has to watch. 

 

"My apologies, Your Majesty but I'll have to leave early," Jungkook stands up. "I have matters to attend to with General Sohn," he tells the King. 

 

The King nods, "You're dismissed."

 

Jungkook bows before turning on his heels, and leaving. Seokjin's eyes trail after him, noticing how Jungkook did not once glance at him. 

 

~~~~

 

Seokjin doesn't see Jungkook for a whole week. Prince Taehyung visits him four of those seven days. Technically, five but Seokjin hid one day. Anyways, the days without Jungkook had Seokjin thinking. 

 

Since the last time he and Jungkook saw each other wasn't exactly ideal, Seokjin wants to make it up to him. One problem, he doesn't know what to do. He wants to be romantic but he's not sure what course of action he should do to achieve this. 

 

Jungkook has done so many multiple romantic acts towards Seokjin. Singing for him, drawing a portrait of him, drawing on him, dancing with him, etc. Seokjin wants to do something like them. Not to mention, Jungkook's words which seem to know all the ways into his heart. 

 

Perhaps he should do something that'll be relaxing. Jungkook has been working so hard this past week. Seokjin thinks long and hard before ideas start popping into his head.

 

 Once he has an idea of what he wants to do, he spends the rest of the day preparing for Jungkook. When the sunset and Seokjin know Jungkook will be arriving soon, he makes it clear to his servants not to visit him and one half of the palace where he'll be. The servants don't question it, used to it for Seokjin has been telling them this for a while now, claiming that he's meditating and wants to sleep through the night.

 

Seokjin waits for Jungkook by the side entrance where he always enters. Jungkook shows up when the sun is no longer in the sky, a hand over his mouth as he yawns. Immediately, Seokjin's plan goes flying out the window. 

 

He walks up to Jungkook and their hands link together naturally without a thought. "What are we doing tonight?" Jungkook asks, pushing his exhaustion away to smile at Seokjin. 

 

"Let's just sleep," Seokjin says, leading Jungkook to his bedchamber. "Get some shut-eye, yes?" 

 

Jungkook tilts his head, "How come? We haven't seen each other in a week. I want to hear what you've been doing." 

 

Seokjin pushes the door to his bedchamber open, tugging Jungkook in. "I know but I'm kind of sleepy," Seokjin fakes a yawn. This is the first time he's invited Jungkook into his room but he tries not to make a big deal out of it. 

 

Jungkook's eyes travel around the room as he follows Seokjin in. He yawns again, proving Seokjin correct about him needing sleep. Yet, when Seokjin pushes him towards the bed, he doesn't move. "You're not tired, are you?" Jungkook turns to face him. 

 

"What do you mean?" Seokjin asks, innocently. 

 

"I mean," Jungkook runs a hand through his hair. "You're just trying to get me to sleep, aren't you?"

 

"What?" Seokjin pretends to be shocked. "Why would I do that?" He fakes another yawn. Jungkook gives him a look that says, 'Really?' Seokjin's act drops, knowing he can't pretend anymore. 

 

"You've been working so hard," Seokjin starts, lightly swinging their hands. "I don't want you to be giving up sleep just to spend time with me." 

 

"You're right, I am tired," Jungkook starts. "But I want to spend time with you. It's what reenergizes me." Jungkook's mouth lifts a little, "So don't worry about my sleep schedule. I'm more concerned about you and I time," Jungkook tells him, bopping his head with Seokjin's. 

 

~~~~

 

Seokjin opens the door, "Tada!" Jungkook's eyes widen. 

 

Seokjin walks into the bathroom which is decorated with candles. He walks over to the bathtub in the middle of the room which is overflowing with bubbles. "I thought a nice, warm bubble bath would be relaxing," Seokjin voices. He gestures to the essential oils beside the tub. "A massage would also help relieve stress."

 

"So you want to give me a bath?" Jungkook asks, a small smile settled on his lips. 

 

Though this was Seokjin's idea, he feels heat rush to his face with the way Jungkook said it. "Well, it's more like a beauty treatment," Seokjin says, trying not to dwell on Jungkook's amused face. "Hurry and get in before the water gets cold," Seokjin scolds lightly.

 

Jungkook arches a brow, "Didn't you say this was a treatment that is going to help me relieve stress and be relaxed?" 

 

"I did," Seokjin blinks at him, not understanding what he's implying. He picks up a bowl of oil, smelling it. 

 

Jungkook stretches, "And I'm wearing so many layers of clothes. It would be tiring to undress." Seokjin almost drops the bowl of oil in his hands. He wasn't planning to undress Jungkook. Wasn't planning on seeing any skin other than his shoulders which he'll massage. 

 

Jungkook notices the look on his face, and the mischief on his face immediately flees. "But it's okay. I can do it myself," he takes back gently, smiling softly to tell Seokjin that it really is fine with him. He turns around, undoing the cloth wrapped around his arm.

 

Seokjin touches his burning cheek. If he wants tonight to go well, he needs to stop acting like this. It's just Jungkook. But that's exactly why he's acting like this. Seokjin peers up at Jungkook who's still working away at taking off the cloth on his other arm. 

 

He ignores his rapidly beating heart as he walks up to Jungkook from behind. "Let me help you," the words escape Seokjin's lips quietly but loudly in the space between them which is getting less. 

 

Jungkook nods, dropping his hands as Seokjin steps in front of him. Seokjin pulls at the sash around Jungkook's waist. They don't exchange words nor glances as Seokjin continues undoing layers. 

 

Seokjin doesn't know why but he holds his breath as he gets to the last shirt Jungkook's wearing. Being only an undershirt, it's white and thin. Seokjin can practically see Jungkook's skin already. 

 

As he pulls the shirt off, Jungkook's Adam apple bobs up then down. Holding the shirt in both hands, Seokjin turns around. "You can take off the rest of your clothes," he says as he sets the shirt down with the rest of Jungkook's clothes. 

 

"Mmh," Seokjin can hear Jungkook walk over to the tub. He could hear rustling as Jungkook takes off his pants, then the sound of water as he gets in the tub. Seokjin walks over to the tub, kneeling beside it. "Tell me what you've been doing," Seokjin says as he pours water over Jungkook's head, wetting his hair.

 

Jungkook goes on to tell him his training and what he's been doing in his short free time. Meanwhile, Seokjin washes his hair, also massaging his scalp. At first, he's unsure if he's doing it right, never doing it before. However, Jungkook's head leans back a little every time he does it, and his eyes close in enjoyment which makes Seokjin more confident. 

 

The slight tension between them disappears as they talk, telling each other funny stories and jokes. 

 

Seokjin leaves the soap in Jungkook's hair as he moves on to massage Jungkook's shoulders. He pours the essential oil into his hands, lathering it a bit before applying it to Jungkook's shoulders. At this point, the two of them have gone silent again. 

 

Seokjin's hands are hesitant at first, just applying the oil and not massaging. Jungkook shifts and Seokjin can both see and feel his muscles rippling underneath the skin. Though Seokjin did not allow his eyes to look earlier, he could tell that Jungkook got buffer compared to the last time he saw him topless. 

 

'It must be because he's now a general and needs to take care of his physique,' Seokjin thinks as he slowly starts to massage Jungkook's shoulders. "Is being a general draining?" Seokjin asks, as Jungkook's head lulls back and he closes his eyes. 

 

"Somewhat," Jungkook replies, eyes still closed. "But I like being it. I like having people rely on me," he murmurs. "It makes me want to achieve more." 

 

The corners of Seokjin's mouth lift a little. He's happy that the people in the palace are starting to notice how great Jungkook is. That he's great as a general, prince, and person. "I'm proud of you, Jungkook." Seokjin stills his hands as Jungkook opens his eyes. "My young ambitious prince is growing up so well," he teases but meaning it at the same time. Jungkook smiles abashedly.

 

~~~~

 

Jungkook's blowing bubbles as Seokjin rinses his shoulders with water. Then he rinses the soap out from Jungkook's hair, pushing it back when finished and exposing his forehead. "Okay, my duty here is done. You can finish washing up. I'll wait outside," Seokjin tells him. 

 

"Wait," Jungkook holds out the sponge to him. "Can you scrub my back before you leave?" 

 

'It's only his back. It'll be fine,' Seokjin thinks as he takes the sponge. Jungkook scoots up, his back no longer pressing against the tub. Seokjin's lips part as he's met with the sight of a scar. The scar from the tiger. "You said that it wouldn't scar," Seokjin says as he gets to scrubbing Jungkook's back.

 

"I didn't say that. The physician did," Jungkook smartly replies. "Don't worry about it. It's just a scar now, no pain." 

 

"I didn't say I was worried," Seokjin scrubs his back lightly.

 

"You didn't need to. I can feel it from here," Jungkook says, jokingly. 

 

Seokjin continues scrubbing his back, the memories of the scar coming back to him. "Back then, did you already start to like me?" Seokjin hesitantly asks, slightly shy about asking such. 

 

"My mind was unsure," Jungkook starts. Seokjin lets his fingertips trace the scar. "But my heart," Jungkook turns his head, meeting Seokjin's eyes. "Was set on you by then." Seokjin blushes and he pulls his hand away from Jungkook's back, standing up. He sets the sponge down, finished with scrubbing Jungkook's back. As he walks towards the door, Jungkook takes hold of his hand. 

 

Seokjin turns around, eyes trailing up Jungkook's outreached arm until they meet his face. He gulps at the sight. Jungkook looks extremely attractive. Seokjin's not sure if it's because of the sight of his forehead, the look in his eyes, the exposed skin, or if it's all of it combined. 

 

He doesn't even have to tug Seokjin's hand to get Seokjin coming back to him. He pulls Seokjin into the tub. The tub is small, meant for only one person. Seokjin falls into Jungkook's lap. The water splashes wildly.

 

Their lips meet in the middle, igniting something in them both.

 

'His lips are as soft as flower petals,' Seokjin thinks as they kiss. 'Caressing me with such delicate care but holding an intensity behind them.' Seokjin lets his hands crawl back to Jungkook's shoulders, holding them and letting his hands feel the muscle there. This may become his new favorite body part of Jungkook's. 

 

As Jungkook tilts his head to deepen the kiss, Seokjin allows his lips to part. The tips of their tongues greet each other for the first time. Jungkook's hand travels up Seokjin's thigh before arriving at his back and pushing him closer. 

 

They continue to caress each other. Paying no mind to the water spilling out everywhere. 

 

~~~~

 

"I should take more baths with you," Jungkook says, causing the tips of Seokjin's ear to turn red. "Now I smell just like you," Jungkook tells him with a boyish grin. 

 

"You can just use the same oils like me," Seokjin mumbles, pushing away the memories of earlier's bath. 

 

"What's the fun in that?" Jungkook says with a small chuckle as he opens Seokjin's window. He looks up at the sky, "Thank you, Jin." He turns around, holding a hand out to Seokjin who takes it without a thought. 

 

He joins Jungkook by the window. "What for?" He looks into Jungkook's tranquil but twinkling eyes. 

 

"For carving a relaxing night for me," Jungkook turns to him with a subtle smile. "And for making me the happiest person alive." 

 

Seokjin shakes his head, "No. Thank you, Jungkook for making me the happiest person in the world." 

 

Jungkook chuckles lightly before returning his gaze to the night sky. "I never looked at the stars before I met you." He continues gazing at the stars while Seokjin's gazing at him. "Look at that one," Jungkook points to a star. "Oh, that one too," he points to another and excitedly, "That one over there keeps flickering." 

 

Seokjin smiles fondly at him. "I don't need to look up at the stars when there's already you down here." Jungkook blinks, flustered and wide-eyed. Seokjin finds himself adoring Jungkook even more. He cups Jungkook's cheek turning his head away from the stars and at him. "And you shine brighter than all the stars combined," his eyes gleam as he says so.

 

Jungkook's eyes smile and he leans forward, pressing a loving kiss to Seokjin's forehead. 

 

~~~~

 

Seokjin's in a good mood. Tonight he'll be going to the Palace of Tiger Lily. He knows he just saw Jungkook yesterday but already he misses him. "Okay, done," Prince Taehyung says, showing Seokjin the dumpling he folded. 

 

Seokjin's in a good mood so he allows himself to laugh as he sees the crown prince's poorly wrapped dumpling. He takes the dumpling out from Prince Taehyung's palm. "You put too much stuffing. It'll explode when getting fried," he tells him. 

 

Seokjin unfolds the dumpling, dumping the stuffing out and flattening the dough. "Here, let me show you again." Prince Taehyung scoots closer to Seokjin as he instructs him how to do it. After many, many tries, Prince Taehyung's dumplings start to turn out well. Seokjin does his best to make his dumplings pretty, wanting to bring some to Jungkook later. 

 

"Does this one look fine?" Prince Taehyung asks and Seokjin looks away from his dumpling, turning to him. 

 

"It looks good," he says, turning back to his. As he's turning his head, his eyes catch a familiar figure through the kitchen window. Immediately, Seokjin's face lights up as Jungkook waves. 

 

"Wait just a moment," Seokjin mouths to him. Jungkook nods, eyes bright. He sets his dumpling down on the plate with the other readied dumplings. "This is enough. We should start frying them," Seokjin tells Prince Taehyung, eager to go out and be with Jungkook. 

 

"Let me just finish this one," the crown prince replies, leisurely folding the dumpling in his hand. Impatient, Seokjin starts to clean up and set up the frying pan. As he passes the window, he sneaks a peek and shoots a smile at Jungkook who does the same back. 

 

Seokjin finishes cleaning up and filling the pan with oil but Prince Taehyung is still folding the same dumpling. He sits back down beside him, relentlessly looking out the window and at Jungkook. 

 

The crown prince is fixated on the dumpling. Quickly, Seokjin kisses his hand and blows it to Jungkook. Jungkook smiles and holds out his hand in a swift move, catching it. He presses it to his cheek, making Seokjin smile. Then he blows a kiss to Seokjin. Just as Seokjin was about to catch it, "Seokjin." 

 

Seokjin almost flinches at Prince Taehyung's voice. "Yes," his head whips to him. 

 

"I'm finished. We should start frying them," Prince Taehyung says. Then the corners of his mouth lift and he points to his cheek, "You have some flour on your cheek." 

 

"Oh," Seokjin brings the sleeve of his shirt up to wipe at his cheek. 

 

"Let me do it," Prince Taehyung intercepts, thumb swiping at Seokjin's cheek. Seokjin stills as he does so, looking down at the dumplings. "Seokjin," Prince Taehyung calls. 

 

"Yes," Seokjin raises his eyes to meet his. 

 

Without warning, Prince Taehyung leans in, claiming Seokjin's lips. Seokjin's pupils dilate, his lips still and unmoving as Prince Taehyung's lips move against his. He wants to push Prince Taehyung away but his arms stay by his side, feeling like lead. It feels wrong. 

 

Seokjin clenches his fists. His lips are meant for Jungkook and Jungkook only. All of him is meant for Jungkook only. Jungkook...

 

Frantically, Seokjin's eyes fly towards the open window where Jungkook is still standing. Still watching, the brightness in his eyes no longer there.