Chapter Fifteen

For The Reason That

Before Seokjin could comprehend what's happening, Jungkook grabs his outreached hand, pulling him in. Seokjin's eyes widen with tears sitting on his lashes as Jungkook connects their lips. 

 

He's frozen in place as Jungkook's lips brush against his, eyes closed and oblivious to the panic in his eyes. The kiss is sudden and hard at first but it melts into longing.

 

The snow has stilled around them as if to gawk at their action. They are out in the open with the whole world to witness. 

 

Tears well in Seokjin's eyes again. With his free hand, he pushes at Jungkook's chest. He successfully gets Jungkook to stop kissing him, eyes opening. Seokjin's heart's beating faster than ever with a thousand different reasons as to why. 

 

Jungkook's eyes widen and regret paint his features as he takes in the sight of Seokjin. Seokjin feels a tear slip from his eye as he pulls his hand out of Jungkook's hold, the hairpin now in his hand. 

 

He stumbles back and away from Jungkook. "Jin, I-" Seokjin shakes his head, touching his lips that are still warm from Jungkook. Jungkook's forehead is creased, and his eyes are in a whirlwind of emotions. "I," Jungkook's voice comes out shaky. A moment of silence beat between them. 

 

Jungkook breaks the silence with a whisper, "I hate you, Seokjin". His eyes meet Seokjin's tear-filled ones, "Because when you're with me..."

 

"I'm the happiest man in the world. When you look at me, you look at me like I'm important. When you laugh, it makes me want to do everything in my power to hear it again. When you smile at me, I want something I cannot have." Jungkook's eyes are watery as he holds Seokjin's gaze. "I want us."

 

Seokjin blinks and another tear escapes. "W-we can't." He fists his hands into balls. All those nights he stayed up smiling because of Jungkook, comes to him. "We can't..." he repeats, this time more to himself. The times his eyes lingered on Jungkook. The times he felt himself caring for him more than he should. They all swirl inside Seokjin. 

 

The feelings and thoughts he kept pushed to the back of his mind springs out. The feelings and thoughts that agree with what Jungkook said. 

 

"Why not?" Jungkook's fingers graze his hand. "You feel the same way, don't you?" He frantically searches Seokjin's eyes for an answer as Seokjin struggles to form words. 

 

"We can't." Their hands find their way to each other. "I'm married to your brother," Seokjin's voice cracks and he could see the hope in Jungkook's eyes flicker, could feel the heartache. "I'm your brother-in-law."

 

"Don't you think I know that," Jungkook tries to raise his voice but it still comes out weak and unstable like their future together. "I know every time I see you in this palace." He pulls Seokjin closer by the hands. "I know every time I start to hope," Jungkook rests his forehead against Seokjin's. "That you and I can be together." 

 

Seokjin squeezes his eyes shut, not able to meet Jungkook's. "Despite all odds, I can't help but continue to fall in-" 

 

"Don't!" Seokjin's eyes fly open as he presses a hand to Jungkook's lips. He knows what Jungkook's going to say and he can't let his ears hear it. He can't let himself think they can be together. Seokjin rests his forehead back on Jungkook's, still keeping his hand on his lips. "Don't say that. Once you say it..." 

 

Jungkook places his hand over Seokjin's, removing it. "Once I say it," Jungkook repeats, wanting Seokjin to finish. 

 

Seokjin looks down at the sparkling white snow, something he would admire if it weren't for their situation. His voice is flat as he admits, "I would forget who I am." 

 

'Would forget that you and I can't be together,' Seokjin's thoughts continue.

 

Jungkook turns his face back up, hand on Seokjin's chin. "Then let us forget. Let us forget that you're Prince Seokjin and I, Prince Jungkook. Let us just be Seokjin and Jungkook," Jungkook pleads, looking into Seokjin's eyes. 

 

"We can't," Seokjin can't look away from Jungkook's eyes. 

 

"We can," Jungkook tries again, this time more desperate. "Please," his hand holding Seokjin's chin goes to caress his cheek. Seokjin can't help it as he leans into Jungkook's touch. "Let me love you." 

 

Seokjin's crying but this time because of Jungkook's tears which streaks down his face as he kisses Seokjin. 

 

Seokjin can't fight himself anymore as he kisses Jungkook back. Jungkook entwines their fingers as they continue to kiss. The snow starts to fall again as they kiss through it and their tears. As they feel their hearts beat in sync. It's mutual and loving and that makes Seokjin forget everything and everyone else. 

 

~~~~

 

"Done," Jungkook says as he pulls his hand back, head tilting as he admires his hairpin back in Seokjin's hair. "Back to being with its beautiful owner." 

 

Seokjin flushes and he can't meet Jungkook's eyes, looking out instead. They're sitting on the top of the wall, overlooking the outside and freedom that lies beyond the palace. "You shouldn't use the word so lightly. Beautiful is only for someone who you'll never get tired of staring," he recalls Jungkook's words. 

 

"Who said I was using it lightly?" Seokjin can see Jungkook staring at him from the corners of his eyes. "You're beautiful, Seokjin." Seokjin's lips part and he feels heat rush to his face again at how bold Jungkook is. "And I'm not just talking about your appearance." 

 

"Jungkook," Seokjin speaks softly, feeling too much like he's on top of the world. "Stop it," he could feel Jungkook's eyes burning into him but he can't bring himself to make eye contact with Jungkook. Opting to just stare out into the nature before them. 

 

"Why?" Jungkook asks, and Seokjin could hear a bit of teasing in his voice. Seokjin looks down at their interlocked hands, not noticing it as his bottom lip jutted out. 

 

"I'm feeling shy," he confesses, his face now flaming. 

 

Seokjin gasps softly as Jungkook kisses him on the cheek. Jungkook smiles, "Can you blame me? You're so cute." 

 

"I'm older than you," Seokjin utters, trying to calm himself down. He doesn't have the confidence to yet to tell Jungkook that he is just as beautiful and adorable. 

 

The night is deep and Seokjin should feel tired but he isn't, too caught up in being with Jungkook. He's not sure what is to happen with them. Not sure if he was right to disregard everything else but his feelings for Jungkook. But at this moment, he feels like it was right to accept his and Jungkook's relationship. 

 

"Are you busy tomorrow?" Seokjin asks. 

 

Jungkook shakes his head, "I don't think so. Even if I am, I'll find a way to clear it for you." 

 

Seokjin can't help it as his mouth lifts into a smile at Jungkook's corny words. "Then," Seokjin continues smiling gently at Jungkook, "Do you want to visit me at my palace?" 

 

Jungkook rests his head on Seokjin's shoulder. "I'd like that very much." 

 

~~~~

 

Seokjin combs his hair, checking his reflection to make sure he looks his best. He smiles as his eyes land on the tiger lily pendant hanging on his vanity. He doesn't have the pendant of the Rumex anymore for Jungkook now has it. They now have each other's flowers. 

 

Seokjin just smiles wider, pinning Jungkook's hairpin into his hair. He gets up as a knock sounds on his door. Thinking it could be Jungkook, Seokjin opens the door with no hesitation. 

 

Seokjin blinks as he's met with a prince, just not the one he was hoping for. "Your Royal Highness," Seokjin bows. 

 

"May I have a word with you, Prince Seokjin?" asks Prince Taehyung. 

 

Seokjin's eyes search behind him. Jungkook should be coming anytime now but he can't decline Prince Taehyung. Seokjin forces a smile, "Of course." Seokjin leads Prince Taehyung to his pavilion where he asks his servants to bring them tea. 

 

"How have you been?" the crown prince asks as they sit across from each other. 

 

"Well," Seokjin didn't have to fake his smile as he recalls the memories of yesterday. "Very well." He pushes his thoughts away. "And you, Your Royal Highness?" 

 

"Good," he simply answers. The tea arrives and Seokjin reaches for the teapot to pour for the both of them. Something he always does for Prince Taehyung. At first because of his adoration towards him. Now, it was more of a routine. 

 

Yet, Prince Taehyung's long fingers touch the teapot first, waving him off. "Honestly, I've been stressed." He pours for himself first before pouring for Seokjin. Seokjin stays silent, not sure what to reply with. 

 

Prince Taehyung's hand encircles the teacup as if to lift it. Instead, he taps his index finger on the rim of the cup. Seokjin's about to ask him what's wrong when his eyes catch Jungkook stepping into the garden. Jungkook sees him and immediately, his face is lit with elation. 

 

He smiles and steps towards Seokjin and Prince Taehyung, causing Seokjin's eyes to widen. "Is something the matter?" Prince Taehyung notes his expression. 

 

Seokjin shakes his head lightly, "Nothing, Your Royal Highness." Jungkook eyes Prince Taehyung's back, excited eyes flickering away. "What's been bothering you?" 

 

At this, Prince Taehyung voices the problems that he's been dealing with. The words fly into Seokjin's ear and out the other as he glances at Jungkook who points behind him, telling Seokjin he'll head back. 

 

Seokjin furrows his brows, urgently shaking his head. He doesn't want Jungkook to leave. Just wait. Wait until the crown prince leaves them be. Prince Taehyung takes a sip of the tea before he continues to speak again.

 

Somehow, Seokjin's reaction brings delight to Jungkook. He smiles and holds out his palm to say he'll wait. Prince Taehyung tilts his head, noticing how Seokjin's eyes aren't on him. He follows his eyes, turning his head to look behind him. 

 

Seokjin lurches forward, hand reaching out and holding Prince Taehyung's cheek, turning his head forward before he could see Jungkook. Prince Taehyung arch a brow upon Seokjin's action. 

 

Before Seokjin could retract his hand, Prince Taehyung places his hand over Seokjin's, holding him in place. Seokjin struggles to form an explanation as what looks like amusement shines in Prince Taehyung's eyes.

 

"Something you want to tell me, Prince Seokjin?" Prince Taehyung asks, the worry lines he brought with him now smoothed over as he smiles charmingly at Seokjin. 

 

"I-uh..." Seokjin stammers, trying to find a lie. "I thought I saw a mosquito," he comes up with, smiling nervously. At his weak lie, Prince Taehyung laughs, his smile boxy and his eyes crinkle.

 

Amidst his laughter, Seokjin pulls his hand away, searching for Jungkook who is no longer in sight. "I best be going," Prince Taehyung stands up. "It was nice visiting you." Reluctantly, Seokjin returns his gaze to Prince Taehyung. Prince Taehyung looks much more lively and less weary than he did when he first walked in today. 

 

Seokjin bows, "I hope you feel better." He hopes Jungkook is still around. He didn't go back, right? 

 

"I do feel better," Prince Taehyung still has his smile when Seokjin raises his head. "Until next time, Prince Seokjin." Seokjin nods, smiling so to cover up his searching eyes for Jungkook. 

 

Prince Taehyung finally leaves and Seokjin hops out of the pavilion, searching the snow-covered bushes for Jungkook. 

 

Jungkook pops up from behind one, snow sitting on his shoulders. Seokjin sprints over to him, wiping the snow off. "Sorry about that. I didn't think I was going to get any visitors other than you today." 

 

"You still consider me a visitor?" Jungkook asks with a pout. "I'm hurt." 

 

Seokjin laughs, "You haven't been over that often. What should I consider you as?" 

 

"Your special somebody," Jungkook says with a grin, arms wrapping around Seokjin and bringing him closer. 

 

Seokjin blushes and he feels his heart race. "My special somebody," he repeats, tasting the term on his tongue. "Am I your special somebody?" he asks, looking into Jungkook's eyes. 

 

"You are." Jungkook leans forward, breath ghosting over Seokjin's lips. "My special Seokjin." Seokjin smiles as their lips make contact. He wraps his arms around Jungkook's torso as they kiss, lips molding perfectly with each other's. 

 

~~~~

 

Seokjin runs his hand through Jungkook's hair, combing it back to reveal his forehead. Jungkook's laying down with his head in Seokjin's lap, humming the tune Seokjin wrote for him and had just played on his gayageum. 

 

"I don't want this to end," Seokjin sighs. They've spent the whole day together in Seokjin's garden with no one to disturb them. Now night has fallen yet Seokjin does not have the heart to bid Jungkook farewell.

 

"It doesn't have to," Jungkook looks up at him. He takes hold of Seokjin's hand raking through his hair and presses a chaste kiss to it. "Tell me to stay and I will stay." 

 

"Tell you to go and you'll stay," Seokjin says, knowing Jungkook all too well. Jungkook grins. "But really, you should leave. You've been here all day. Won't people be wondering where you went?" 

 

"They'll just think I've been in the marketplace," Jungkook says nonchalantly and Seokjin agrees silently. "I suppose you're right, though. I have a meeting early tomorrow with General Sohn." Though Seokjin suggested Jungkook leave, he now feels sad to part. 

 

"Then," Seokjin pushes Jungkook's hair back once more, liking the way it bounces. "Goodnight, Jungkook." He urges all the confidence he has as he says, "Make sure to dream of me." 

 

Jungkook smiles, liking his words. "I will." He sits up, pecking Seokjin on the lips. "Let's meet in our dreams." 

 

~~~~

 

It's been a week. Seokjin and Jungkook have been meeting up whenever they could. Sometimes at Seokjin's palace. Sometimes at Jungkook's palace but mostly outside where they're free from the palace and everyone in it. Yet, in the end, they have to return.

 

"Your Royal Highness," Hyeon calls again as Seokjin's caught dozing off. 

 

Seokjin's eyes shoot open and he sits up, "Yes." 

 

Hyeon frowns, "How come you're so tired?" Her frown deepens as Seokjin's eyelids start to close again. 

 

"I couldn't get a good night's sleep," Seokjin lies, yawning afterward. He and Jungkook were out for so long. It was fun. So fun but Seokjin's sleep has to pay the price for it. 

 

Hyeon doesn't seem convinced but she doesn't push it, changing the topic. She holds up two outfits, smiling widely, "Which one do you want to wear?" 

 

Barely awake, Seokjin falls back onto his bed. "You can choose whichever one you think matches me most." He lets his eyes close, dreading the long event that's going to be occurring all day. 

 

"But Your Royal Highness," Hyeon huffs. Seokjin can hear her plop down on the ground in front of him. "Everyone will be there." 

 

Seokjin's eyes open. "Everyone," he repeats, vaguely remembering Jungkook's words from yesterday. He had told Seokjin that he would also be attending. Seokjin beams and sits up. "Can you show the outfits to me again?" Seokjin asks Hyeon with a smile. He wants to look perfect for Jungkook. Wants Jungkook's eyes to widen upon seeing him. 

 

"Of course!" Hyeon scurries back to the discarded outfits, showcasing them proudly. He goes through multiple outfits before settling with an outfit that's color palette consists of only white. Seokjin usually doesn't like to just wear white but this outfit is nice to the eyes. It doesn't look like your typical outfit and the material is light and flowy. The fabric whispering a moment after Seokjin's every move. 

 

He keeps Jungkook's hairpin in his hair though Hyeon insists to change it up for one that's more "lavish". 

 

Hyeon seems to be very excited about this event. She turns Seokjin away from the mirror as she redoes his hair, changing his usual hairstyle. He plays with the fabric of his sleeve as he speaks with Hyeon. "Why is it that you're thrilled about this event? Isn't it just like any other?" Seokjin questions as Hyeon does his hair.

 

"Is it wrong to want His Royal Highness to look his best?" Hyeon asks innocently. Seokjin presses his lips together, doubtful about Hyeon's reason. She doesn't notice Seokjin's doubt as she finishes his hair and steps back. She squeals, clapping her hands together. "His Royal Highness is sure to blow everyone away!" 

 

Seokjin chuckles at her enthusiasm, turning to his reflection. His lips part in surprise as he takes in his new look. He stands up, finally seeing how the outfit looks on him. With the fabric being so light, it isn't as bulky and puffy as his other royal outfits. It lines his body well, accentuating his shoulders and waist. His hair is parted differently, framing his face in a new light. 

 

Seokjin's not sure if it's because of his all-white outfit, the tea and extract Hyeon has been making him drink, or the long beauty treatment Hyeon gave him this morning but his complexion looks great, his face shining whenever the sunlight hits it. 

 

His pink lips smile as he wonders how Jungkook's dressed like. Though Jungkook acts indifferent to the royal life, he fits it so well. The very few times Seokjin's seen Jungkook dressed up as a prince, he was very handsome and charming. Yet, those memories are so faint and distant since they were when Seokjin's heart still lingered on the crown prince. 

 

He can't wait to see Jungkook today.

 

~~~~

 

Seokjin's eyes scan the faces of each individual around him, searching for Jungkook. He's standing outside of the Main Palace, as Hyeon told him to wait. They're standing off to the side where no one is noticing. 'What if Jungkook's already inside? What if he didn't see me?' Seokjin thinks as more people enter and none being Jungkook. 

 

"Let's go inside," Seokjin announces to Hyeon as he steps forward. 

 

"Wait just a bit longer, Your Royal Highness," Hyeon blocks his path, eyes large as she looks around them. 

 

Seokjin tilts his head. "Who are you waiting for?" he questions. All-day she's been acting odd. 

 

"Just..." Her sentence trails off and she pulls Seokjin around the corner, hiding him. 

 

"What is it?" Seokjin asks, looking in the direction she is. He stills as the Royal Consort, Jimin, comes to sight. The people around them also stop to stare. Jimin is dressed in silks as fine as the royals. Purple and gold adorn him, colors of only the rich and royal.

 

Shimmering and heavy jewelry covers him, sparkling whenever the light hits them. Jimin doesn't seem to notice the stares, simply walking into the Main Palace, his eyes trailing the palace like a child. "Though dressed like a prince himself, he carries no presence of one," Hyeon huffs from Seokjin's side sourly.

 

"Hyeon," Seokjin chides. 

 

Hyeon lowers her head a little. "Sorry, Your Royal Highness. It's just that, he's the reason His Royal Highness, Prince Taehyung doesn't visit you anymore," she sounds genuinely sad. 

 

Seokjin shakes his head, "Don't worry about it, Hyeon. Honestly, I could care less about the crown prince." It feels nice to say those words aloud. Seokjin raises his head, smiling softly. He feels a lot better now. A lot better since Jungkook came into his life. 

 

Hyeon smiles, noticing how bright Seokjin is. "As long as His Royal Highness is happy, I'm happy." 

 

Seokjin chuckles softly. "You should spend more time on yourself Hyeon. Don't be happy just because I am." He pauses, collecting his thoughts. "Just ride out into the wind and find the source of your own, personal happiness." Talking about the source of your happiness, "Now, can we go in?" 

 

Hyeon nods, "Of course, Your Royal Highness." 

 

Seokjin steps out of the corner, proceeding to the entrance of the Main Palace. Nobles' conversation lowers into a whisper as he glides by, their eyes trailing him like the fabric of his clothes. His head is held high with his gaze forward as he proceeds towards the entrance of the Main Palace.

 

"How come you wanted me to wait so long?" Seokjin asks as they get closer to the entrance. 

 

"I knew that the Royal Consort is also attending. They say that he made his outfit," Hyeon informs him. 

 

'That's right, he used to be a seamster,' Seokjin remembers. 

 

"He was sure to make heads turn, including the crown prince," she continues. 

 

Seokjin quirks a brow, glancing at her. "And why does that concern me?"

 

Hyeon smiles sheepishly. "Well, before your whole talk of happiness with me earlier, I thought you still cherished His Royal Highness, Prince Taehyung dearly so I wanted you to arrive after the Royal Consort. That way, you'll take his breath away in a dramatic sense." 

 

Seokjin laughs at this, "That's something that will happen only in stories and plays." His laughter quiets as they arrive at the entrance. "Besides, I think the Royal Consort beats me in terms of who looks best." 

 

"Nonsense!" Hyeon exclaims. "You're sure to take the breath away from everyone." 

 

Seokjin smiles at Hyeon's words. Though Seokjin isn't open with her about everything, he can tell she supports him dearly. "Thank you, Hyeon," he thanks with a soft but real smile. She smiles back before Seokjin turns and enters the Main Palace. 

 

The first thing he notices is the mellow music. The second thing he notices is the gazes on him. Used to this, Seokjin keeps his demeanor calm and neutral as he walks deeper into the courtyard. As he does so, his eyes mildly cast around for Jungkook. 

 

'Where could he be?' Seokjin wonders sullenly. 

 

He steps inside the palace itself, where the royal family should be. People notice him and part so there's a path for him. This is the first time this has happened to Seokjin for he usually comes early when there are yet to be guests. 'This must be the dramatic effect Hyeon wanted,' Seokjin thinks as he walks down the aisle. 

 

At the end of the path and staring straight at Seokjin is the King, Queen, and Prince Taehyung. No Jungkook. Seokjin bows to each of them. He raises his head, "I apologize for my tardiness." 

 

The King and Queen stare for a bit before the King looks away, "No worries. The event's just begun." This is Seokjin's cue to dismiss himself and sit next to Prince Taehyung. Yet, he finds the seat next to Prince Taehyung occupied by none other than the Royal Consort. 

 

Seokjin and Jimin make eye contact and Seokjin feels awkward as he contemplates what to do. There are no other seats and Seokjin realizes that the Royal Consort is sitting in his seat. He could feel the Queen's eyes on him. 

 

Seokjin, except for the short moment of awkwardness earlier, is feeling pretty unbothered by this. He steps away from the family and follows the sound of the music. He seats himself in one of the chairs by the musicians, continuing his forage for Jungkook. "Prince Seokjin," a deep voice says. 

 

Seokjin looks up and finds Prince Taehyung smiling down at him. By habit, Seokjin smiles back as he sits down next to him. Seokjin keeps his eyes on the musicians, feeling Prince Taehyung's eyes fixed on him. It leaves Seokjin stiff and slightly uncomfortable for the crown prince never looked at him for so long before. 

 

"You look handsome tonight, Prince Seokjin," Prince Taehyung utters. 

 

"Thank you, Your Royal Highness," Seokjin politely thanks, still watching the musicians. He wishes Jungkook will already appear and they can go someplace else. Just the two of them without Prince Taehyung and Jimin.

 

"Is there a particular song you would like to hear get play?" Prince Taehyung asks.

 

'Jungkook's song!,' Seokjin's mind immediately answers. However, he shakes his head. "None in particular," he replies. Knowing that he can't stonewall the crown prince, "What about you, Your Royal Highness? Is there a song you'd like to hear tonight?" 

 

"There is. I want to hear them play..." Prince Taehyung sticks by Seokjin's side until nightfall. His words flow through Seokjin's ears but Seokjin can only make out bits and pieces of what he's talking about, too occupied with something else. Well, more like someone else.

 

"What are they doing?" Seokjin asks as the musicians pick up their instruments, moving to the side. 

 

"The flower knights are going to be performing," Prince Taehyung informs him. "They've been training for a month on this performance." Noticing the clearing of the stage, people quiet down as the knights come out. 

 

As they get into positions, Seokjin notices how interested Prince Taehyung is in the performance. 'Mayhaps, I can sneak away during the performance,' Seokjin schemes. The beating of the drums starts first, signaling the start of the performance. Then the knights start to move to the beat, with the other instruments joining one by one. 

 

Guessing from how the instruments are joining, along with the knights' slow movements, when all the instruments have joined, there will be a big epic moment. Something to make for a grand intro. At that exact moment will be Seokjin's chance to escape. 

 

Seokjin's giddy as the beat picks up and more instruments join. He and Prince Taehyung have front row seats so the music is loud, the beating of the drum riding up Seokjin's leg. 

 

Just as Seokjin had predicted, the song picks up and the knights move out the way as one of the knights who is dressed differently makes a flip into the spotlight. Fire is lit by the side for intensity as the knight stands up to his full height, drawing his sword. 

 

Seokjin's eyes widen, his mouth lifting into a grin as he's met with Jungkook's face. Jungkook's eyes meet his and he too is decorated with a grin as he swings the sword. Seokjin's plan of escape vanishes into thin air as he follows Jungkook across the stage. 

 

Jungkook's hair is tied back with Seokjin's red sash around his forehead. His outfit is like the flower knights so to match. Yet, instead of being red and black like theirs. It is red and blue. Not too big of change so that he doesn't match but big enough so he stands out when it's his parts. 

 

The performance comes to an end and Jungkook's eyes find their way back to Seokjin, a cute smile on his face that makes Seokjin want to run up and embrace him. 

 

~~~~

 

"That was amazing! Why didn't you tell me you were going to perform?! What if I wasn't there when you did?!" Seokjin chides, however not meaning it as he's still exuberant from seeing Jungkook dance. 

 

Jungkook's excitement-filled eyes from on stage are no longer there. His lips are slightly parted and his eyes tender as he stares at Seokjin, enraptured with him. "You're glowing tonight," Jungkook whispers, entwining their hands. "Shining like the stars and graceful like the falling snow." 

 

Seokjin feels warmth in his cheeks, pleased at Jungkook's romantic words. "How are you so good with words?" Seokjin asks, feeling shy. 

 

"You're my muse," Jungkook gazes into his eyes. "Inspiration sparks whenever you're with me." Seokjin smiles bashfully, looking down at their hands. After the performance, they managed to slip away. Running into an empty room upstairs. 

 

"Jungkook-ah," Seokjin's voice rings softly. "Close your eyes." Jungkook obeys, not interrogating Seokjin's command like he usually does. Knowing and looking forward to what Seokjin is going to do. 

 

Seokjin gulps, nervous even with Jungkook's eyes close. He has never been the first to initiate a kiss before. He doesn't close his eyes right away, wanting to see Jungkook's reaction to when their lips touch. Does he like the feeling of Seokjin's lips on his like Seokjin likes Jungkook's? 

 

Seokjin tilts his head as their lips near before finally, letting them touch. Though already closed, Jungkook's eyes flutter a little as their lips move against each other. Seokjin lets his eyes flutter close as Jungkook focuses on his bottom lip, with light pressure. Seokjin mimics his movements, kissing gently and adding pressure slowly to Jungkook's top lip. 

 

They stop only when in need of air. Their chests heaving as their eyes flutter open. Seokjin disconnects their hands. He brings his arms up to wrap around Jungkook's neck, something he also has yet to do. Jungkook places his hands on Seokjin's waist, something he always like to do. 

 

They don't speak as they let their lips meet again, moving slowly at first before turning passionate. Amidst the kiss, Seokjin opens his eyes, wanting to see the ethereal captivator of his lips. 

 

As if telepathy sparked, Jungkook also opens his eyes. Their eyes meet in the kiss, half-lidded, taking in the beauty of each other and of what they have.