Chapter Twenty-One

For The Reason That

The rain takes away their sturdy ground but no one stops fighting. Jungkook pulls out another arrow, aiming at one of the opposing commanders. His vision is blurred by the rain but his aim is still precise and accurate, hitting the commander. 

 

Jungkook doesn't let his eyes stay on the corpse, reaching for another arrow. He aims for another commander. Letting go of the arrow, he's thankful for the rain which blurs the faces of the people whose lives he's taking away. 

 

Jungkook reaches for another arrow but none touches his fingers, only the empty bag. An arrow flies towards him, causing Noir to panic. Jungkook slashes the arrow in half with his sword, shushing the horse. 

 

He retreats further away from Gorchik's soldiers, going to the wagons to refill his bag of arrows when he spots Juyeon, bleeding on the ground. "Juyeon!" he yells, getting off of Noir. He runs towards him, helping him up to a sitting position. 

 

"Juyeon!" he tries again, shaking him. 

 

Juyeon's eyelids open slightly. "Your Highness, I-I'm sorry. I failed you..." he squints up at Jungkook, struggling to keep his eyes open. 

 

Jungkook's brows furrow and he looks around for the military nurses. "Nurse!" he yells. The rain makes it hard to see or hear anyone. He's about to try again when he feels a slight tug on his shirt. He looks down with rain pouring down his face. 

 

"Your Highness," Juyeon starts weakly. "Please tell Minyeong-"

 

"Stop!" Jungkook declines. "You can tell her yourself. You're going to see her again," he conceals the shake in his voice. Frantically, he searches for the nurses. Dreading it when he spots none. 

 

"Your Highness," Juyeon attempts again, voice weaker now. "Tell Minyeong I love her and that I'm sorry I never fulfilled my promise." 

 

"Juyeon..." Jungkook looks back down at his soldier as hope's presence drifts further away. 

 

"Please, Your Highness," Juyeon begs. 

 

"You'll be fine," Jungkook his dry lips despite the rain. He lifts Juyeon, searching for one of their tents. 

 

"Please...Please tell her..." Juyeon continues mumbling as Jungkook carries him to one of the tents. The distance is far and the ground is muddy but Jungkook doesn't stop. 

 

They reach the tent and mud drips from Jungkook's ankle but he doesn't care. He sets Juyeon down. "There should be nurses around. I'll go find them," he turns around but Juyeon pulls his hand back, stopping him. 

 

"Promise me, Your Highness," Juyeon mumbles, barely conscious.

 

Jungkook doesn't want to because Juyeon will be okay. He'll be able to see his love again. If he promises, then he accepts the fact that Juyeon's at death's door. But if he doesn't promise, Juyeon won't let him go get the nurses. "I promised," Jungkook manages at last. Only then does Juyeon let his hand go.

 

Jungkook runs out of the tent and the rain eagerly beats down on him again. He runs around, calling for the nurses. 

 

When he finally finds one, he's so relieved. Quickly, they rush back to where Juyeon is. Jungkook feels himself holding his breath as the nurse picks up his wrist, feeling for a pulse. The nurse shakes his head. 

 

~~~~

 

Jungkook walks around the camp, checking the damage the rain's done but most importantly, checking on his soldiers. He counts more injured than he did yesterday. He tries not to think too much about it as he doesn't find some familiar faces. 

 

Not being able to handle it, Jungkook goes into his tent. He runs a hand through his damp hair. The war's consequences were starting to weigh on him. 

 

He opens the envelope on his desk, reading it. It was from General Sohn. More troops were going to come to enforce them. Relief falls over him for only a second. If more people come, then that means only more deaths. 

 

He tosses the letter aside, rubbing his forehead. He can't be thinking like this. This is war. People die. 

 

That is why he wanted to keep his distance from his soldiers at first. So he wouldn't be too affected when they pass. 

 

Jungkook pulls out the necklace buried under all his armor. As he does so, his thoughts shift back to Seokjin and the memories of them. 

 

 

**************************

 

It was a mistake. He shouldn't have done that. He shouldn't have let himself get comfortable with Seokjin again. If only he wasn't drinking, he wouldn't have opened up to Seokjin again. The plan was to avoid him, not hug him and sing for him. 

 

Jungkook halts as he hears Seokjin's voice. "Jungkook!" He turns around solemnly. His austere demeanor falters as Seokjin smiles broadly. He holds up the pot in his hands. Jungkook doesn't move, conflicted. 

 

Seokjin waddles over to him upon his frozen stance. "True to my words, I made soup for your hangover," he hands it to Jungkook. Jungkook's hand tremors as he refuses to take it. He glances behind Seokjin.

 

"What are you doing here?" he questions sternly. 

 

Seokjin tilts his head, confused. "I made you soup like I said I would yester-"

 

"I don't need it anymore," he interrupts Seokjin, not wanting to think of last night. He can't endure Seokjin's expression so he turns around. He steps into the room, casting Seokjin outside. Feeling Seokjin's presence behind him still, "You can leave."

 

"Jungkook..." Seokjin speaks, dejected.

 

"Don't," Jungkook says harshly. He turns around, taking a glance at Seokjin before looking away. "Don't come to see me again." With that, he shuts the doors in Seokjin's face.

 

Immediately, his head lowers and he feels terrible. He tells himself it's for the best that he acted like that. That way Seokjin will stop coming to see him and that way his confusion will end. 

 

~~~~

 

"Jungkook, I have a secret to tell you," Seokjin tells him with a cute smile on his lips. 

 

Jungkook smiles, interlocking their hands. He raises a brow, "What is it?" 

 

Seokjin scoots closer to him, cupping a hand over his ear as he whispers, "I hold the key to your heart."

 

"What?" Jungkook pulls back from Seokjin, heart thumping. 

 

Seokjin just smiles, throwing his arms over Jungkook. "That's your secret, isn't it? That's why you've been avoiding me." 

 

Jungkook's at a loss for words as he processes Seokjin's words. "That's also why you've been wanting to..." Jungkook turns to Seokjin who brings his face closer to his. He pushes Seokjin away before their lips can meet. 

 

"W-we can't," Jungkook blurts. 

 

Seokjin looks hurt by this. "W-why not?" Jungkook shakes his head, struggling to voice why. There were too many reasons why they shouldn't be together. He couldn't bear to count them all. 

 

Seokjin caresses Jungkook's cheek, wiping his silent tears. "Let me love you, Jeon Jungkook." 

 

Jungkook's eyes shoot open as he wakes up. The dream is still fresh in his mind and a tear even falls as he sits up. "I-I don't love..." Jungkook's voice trails off as he thinks back to when Seokjin gave him the lotus flower, when they both were at the village, when they danced together, their whole day at the beach, and when he sang to Seokjin. 

 

He couldn't finish the rest of his sentence, knowing that if he did, he'd be lying. 

 

~~~~

 

Despite the snow, Jungkook climbs up the back gate. He sits on the top, looking out at the freedom that lies beyond the palace. He brings the hulusi to his lips, playing a melody. He attempts for a merry and gleeful tune. Yet, wistful and melancholy leave the instrument instead. 

 

He hits a wrong note, causing a shriek to come out from the hulusi. He groans, frustrated by himself. He raises his hand, about to throw the hulusi but he can't. He lowers his hand and sets the flute aside as he runs a hand through his hair. 'This is not happening. My feelings are mistaken. My heart is wrong. They don't understand the situation I'm in,' Jungkook panics. 

 

'I hold the key to your heart,' dream Seokjin's words lingers in his head. Denial covers Jungkook's true feelings and he lets it. 

 

"Jungkook." Jungkook's muscles go rigid. He blanks out for a second before regaining his composure. 

 

'I'll just remind him again that I don't want to see him anymore,' Jungkook tells himself as he turns around. Seeing Seokjin again in the flesh and skin, Jungkook's emotions scatter. 

 

He looks away, thoughts racing before going over to the rope hanging off and climbing down it. He'll make this quick and easy. Clean cut. 

 

Seokjin meets him just as his feet touch the blanket of snow. "I told you to not come to see me again," he repeats, mustering a hard look on his face to hide the canvas his eyes hold. 

 

"I..." Jungkook's stony eyes are on him. "I wanted to come to check on you," Seokjin manages to get out. "Is something," Seokjin looks into Jungkook's eyes intently as if searching for something. "Wrong?"

 

The ice in Jungkook's eyes melts a little. Jin knows him too well. 

 

Seokjin takes a step closer to him. "You can tell me," he gently speaks. He repeats the words he said when Jungkook's mother passed away, "I'm here for you, Jungkook."

 

Jungkook's jaw clenches and he turns away. 'I can't. Just leave me be, Jin. You'll be better off without me,' was what he wanted to say. But when his mouth opened, other words came out. "Do I need to repeat myself?" He ignores the ache coming from him as he continues, "Don't come to see me again." 

 

'I don't deserve you,' Jungkook bites his bottom lip to keep any other words from escaping. 

 

"Why?" Seokjin asks, sounding lost.

 

"Because I'm telling you to," Jungkook says brusquely, still not facing Seokjin and now walking back towards the wall. End of their conversation. Seokjin will just leave him be now. 

 

"Why are you pushing me away?" Seokjin asks, voice almost trembling. Jungkook stops walking. “I apologize if I did something that made you upset but please," he takes in a breath opposite to Jungkook who's holding his breath. "Please don't treat me like this."

 

Jungkook squeezes his eyes shut. Jin's pleading for him to stop and to not push him away. But Jin doesn't know that he needs to do this before he loses himself to his feelings that shouldn't be. 

 

Jungkook turns around in one swift move, wanting this to end, "You want to know why I keep pushing you away?" He walks towards Seokjin. "Because," he looks Seokjin straight in the eyes. "I don't want you around anymore. I don't want to see you anymore. I don't want to talk to you anymore."

 

Seokjin parts his lips and traces of hurt start to color his face. Jungkook runs a hand through his hair, messing it up even more. "In fact, I hate when you're with me." Seokjin's beautiful, innocent eyes widen. "I hate how you look at me. I hate how you smile at me with that face of yours," he spits out. "I hate hearing your laugh." He can't brave himself to look at the pain in Seokjin's eyes that he created. "I hate you, Seokjin," he merely speaks, knowing that all his words aren't true, holding a double meaning.

 

Seokjin staggers back. He bites his bottom lip which is trembling. Seeing Seokjin's tears fall, Jungkook wants to take back everything he said. But he doesn't. 'If he sees me as a bad guy, it'll be easier. He'll hate me but at last, he'll leave me be.' 

 

Seokjin wipes his tears, "If you hate me that much then I won't bother you anymore." He picks up Jungkook's hand and Jungkook stiffens. He feels two cold pendants in his palm. He stares at the pendants. One of the Tiger Lily and one of the Rumex. 

 

He gave them to Seokjin. Had them custom-made. Gave them to him the first night he visited the Palace of Rumex. 'He still kept them?' Jungkook feels his tough shell crack a little.

 

Seokjin pulls his hand back, pulling Jungkook back into reality. Another crack as Seokjin turns around, walking away. 

 

Jungkook glance back down at the pendants. His thumb swipes over the one of the Rumex as he stops hiding his memories of Seokjin. 

 

The night he first brought Seokjin out of the palace and they rode a canoe, sharing a wish. During the hunting trip where they got separated and were chased by a tiger and Seokjin had said, "I'm not leaving you." When bandits attacked the village and Jungkook had repeated the same words, "I'm not leaving you."

 

Jungkook feels something wet stream down his cheek. 

 

The time they danced together and Jungkook could feel Seokjin's warmth, their faces right by each other. The first time Seokjin hugged him. The time Seokjin had gifted him the headband. Their whole day at the beach. Just two days ago when Seokjin searched for him despite Jungkook pushing away. Jungkook still remembers the awe and gleam in Seokjin's luminescent eyes as he sang for him. 

 

Jungkook glance back at Seokjin. The hairpin-his hairpin that he gave Seokjin. 'Your father gave it to me the day he declared his love for me.'

 

Seokjin's still wearing it. "My hairpin." Jungkook takes a few steps towards Seokjin. "You're still wearing it."

 

'I want you to do the same when you find your special person,' his mother's words. Seokjin pulls the hairpin out of his hair. 

 

Jungkook remembers how after his mother's passing, Seokjin came to him in the rain like an angel as he comforted Jungkook. 

 

Seokjin turns around, looking everywhere but at Jungkook. "Here," he holds the hairpin out to him. Jungkook could tell Seokjin was fighting his tears which pained him even more. 

 

'I hold the key to your heart,' he hears Seokjin's voice say as he stares at the pained Seokjin in front of him. Seokjin, who came to him when he was at his worse. Seokjin, who brightened his life. Seokjin, whose smile and laughter is the best medicine in the world. 

 

Seokjin, who holds the key to his heart.

 

Jungkook grabs Seokjin's outreached hand, not wanting him to leave. He could feel the hairpin clasped in their hold. He pulls Seokjin in, closing his eyes as he connects their lips. 'I do love you, Jin,' he finally admits as he kisses Seokjin. 

 

His lips are pulsing as they move against Seokjin's. Seokjin's soft, lush, and plump lips are nothing like his imagination. 

 

However, the moment is cut short as Seokjin pushes at his chest. Jungkook disconnects their lips, eyes fluttering open. He can read Seokjin's face like an open book. 

 

Regret replaces Jungkook's euphoria as he takes in Seokjin's tears and the disquietude of his eyes. He feels even worse when another tear slip from Seokjin's eye as he pulls his hand out of Jungkook's hold. 

 

Now, in one of Jungkook's hands were the pendants and the other held the hairpin. Seokjin stumbles back. "Jin, I-" he pauses. Seokjin shakes his head, bringing his fingers to touch his lips. 

 

With this gesture, Jungkook feels even worse but he has to explain himself. "I," Jungkook's voice comes out shaky. A moment of silence beat between them as Jungkook tries to stop the tremor in his voice. Not confident that his voice won't tremble again, he opts for a whisper. "I hate you, Seokjin." 

 

His eyes meet Seokjin's tear-filled ones, "Because when you're with me..." He doesn't hold back anymore, letting the truth finally leave his lips. "I'm the happiest man in the world." He forgets all his worries. "When you look at me, you look at me like I'm important." Like he's not just a shadow. 

 

"When you laugh, it makes me want to do everything in my power to hear it again. When you smile at me, I want something I cannot have." Jungkook's eyes are watery as he holds Seokjin's gaze. "I want us."

 

Seokjin blinks and another tear escapes. "W-we can't." Jungkook stares, dumbstruck at the words he had said in his dream. The pendants and the hairpin slip out of his hands. "We can't..." Seokjin's eyes stay put on him but they're far away with discordance. 

 

"Why not?" Jungkook's fingers graze Seokjin's hand. He's not imagining it, is he? All the times Seokjin smiled because of him, laughed because of him, blushed because of him, and when they exchanged eye contact shyly. "You feel the same way, don't you?"

 

Frantically, he searches Seokjin's eyes for an answer. Seokjin doesn't answer. Instead, repeating himself. "We can't." Even so, the words fall flat this time. Jungkook laces his fingers through Seokjin's, regarding how he doesn't pull away. Alternately, he even clutches Jungkook's hands tighter. 

 

"I'm married to your brother," his voice cracks and Jungkook feels like he was stabbed with glass shards. "I'm your brother-in-law," Seokjin speaks the unspeakable. 

 

"Don't you think I know that," Jungkook tries to raise his voice but it still comes out weak and unstable like their future together. He doesn't want to think of Taehyung right now. "I know every time I see you in this palace." He pulls Seokjin closer by the hands. "I know every time I start to hope," Jungkook rests his forehead against Seokjin's. "That you and I can be together."

 

Seokjin squeezes his eyes shut, not able to meet Jungkook's but he can't stop now that he's finally releasing all that he's held in. "Despite all odds, I can't help but continue to fall in-"

 

"Don't!" Seokjin's eyes fly open as he presses a hand to Jungkook's lips. He rests his forehead back on Jungkook's, still keeping his hand on his lips. "Don't say that. Once you say it..."

 

Jungkook places his hand over Seokjin's, removing it. "Once I say it," Jungkook repeats, wanting Seokjin to finish. What is Seokjin afraid of? 

 

Seokjin looks down at the snow, quiet for a bit, "I would forget who I am."

 

Jungkook's eyes waver. So, Jin does know the endless nights of thinking of the other. Know the longing for each other. 

 

Jungkook tilts Seokjin's chin up. "Then let us forget. Let us forget that you're Prince Seokjin and I, Prince Jungkook. Let us just be Seokjin and Jungkook," he pleads, looking into Seokjin's eyes. If Seokjin feels the same way, then it doesn't matter who they are.

 

"We can't," Seokjin doesn't look away from him though. 

 

"We can," Jungkook tries again, this time more desperate. "Please," his hand holding Seokjin's chin goes to caress his cheek. Seokjin leans into his touch, urging Jungkook to fight for them even more. Echoing Seokjin's words from his dream, "Let me love you." He has no control as tears cascade down his face. 

 

Tears flow down Seokjin's face as well and Jungkook leans forward to give him a gentle, yet full kiss.

 

He entwines their fingers as Seokjin kisses him back. The snow which he did not notice had stopped, starts to descend again. 

 

Like the snow, Jungkook can feel himself falling. Falling deeper in love with Seokjin. 

 

**************************

 

 

Jungkook presses a kiss to the Rumex pendant before hiding the necklace back under his armor. 

 

Falling for and loving Seokjin has to be the best part of his life so far. He had thought that the hard part was over after he admitted to himself that he loved Seokjin. Be that as it may, he was wrong. 

 

One obstacle was that Jungkook had first pursued Seokjin only in vengeance. Therefore, guilt was always eating at him and innocence wanted him to confess. 

 

The other obstacle was Taehyung. 

 

 

**************************

 

"Here, try this," Taehyung puts some meat onto Seokjin's plate. "I asked the chef to make this specifically for you," he tells Seokjin.

 

"Thank you," Seokjin says politely as he eats the meat. 

 

"It's good," Seokjin comments after finishing which makes Taehyung smile and grab more, piling it on Seokjin's plate. Jungkook looks down at his plate of untouched food. He wished he weren't here right now. 

 

As Jungkook and Seokjin's relationship grew, Taehyung's interest in Seokjin grew as well. 

 

Jungkook busies his hand by playing with chopsticks, still unable to face Seokjin and Taehyung.

 

'Why must the world be so cruel?' Jungkook finds himself thinking as Taehyung continues pampering Seokjin. 

 

This whole meal has been horrible to Jungkook. Not only does he have to witness Seokjin with Taehyung but for the first time in forever, he saw Jimin. Jungkook throws a glimpse at Jimin whose poignant eyes are on Seokjin and Taehyung.  

 

Jungkook turns away. "My apologies, Your Majesty but I'll have to leave early," he stands up, garnering the attention of everyone. "I have matters to attend to with General Sohn," he tells the King.

 

The King nods, "You're dismissed." Though no apology was ever presented, Jungkook has been on the King's good terms again for not ditching any events anymore and for becoming a strong presence in the royal army. It could also be because of his mother's passing. 

 

Jungkook bows before turning on his heels, and leaving. He couldn't bring himself to see Seokjin with Taehyung again. 

 

Jungkook walks to the meeting room where his meeting with General Sohn will take place. However, that meeting isn't until two more hours. He just couldn't be at that lunch any longer. "Jungkook."

 

Jungkook stops walking. Despite the time, that voice still sings a familiar tune in his head. He turns around, facing Jimin. Or as his new title calls him, Taehyung's Royal Consort. 

 

"What do you want?" Jungkook asks contemptuously. 

 

Jimin looks confused at his attitude but speaks, "I want to talk to you-"

 

"We have nothing to talk about," Jungkook's brows furrow. He doesn't want to think of Jimin. “I don’t want to ever see you again.”

 

Jimin’s eyes falter and silence stands between them. 

 

"Taehyung's right," Jimin speaks calmly and it takes Jungkook a second to register what he said. "You never face your problems. You run away from them." 

 

Jungkook wants to speak and declare that Taehyung's wrong but his mouth goes dry. Jimin turns around, walking away. Walking towards the Palace of Calycanthus. 

 

"Did you even love me?" Jungkook whispers. 

 

Jimin halts and turns around. "Of course I did," he looks hurt that Jungkook asked that. 

 

"Then," Jungkook takes a step towards him, feeling a wave of anguish come over him. "Why weren't you there when I came back?" He still remembers feeling lost when he came back from his trip and didn't see Jimin in his room. Compared to the emotion that came after, feeling lost was innocent. 

 

Jimin adverts his eyes. "It's complicated." 

 

"Is it?" Jungkook continues staring at Jimin. The more he looks at Jimin, the more he doesn't recognize him. With Jimin still not giving an answer, Jungkook turns around and walks away. 

 

**************************

 

 

Feeling his eyelids become heavier, Jungkook climbs down from the tree. The more he thinks back to it, he realizes he knows nothing of Jimin and Taehyung's relationship. Unlike before, he isn’t dying to know. For someone much more important is on his mind. 

 

Jungkook rubs his temple. The more he's reflecting on what happened, it's clear that Jin loved him too. His love for Seokjin is true and deep. No other person does he love like so. Seokjin felt the same too, Jungkook could feel it. 

 

'I don't need to look up at the stars when there's already you down here.' Cue the gleam in Seokjin's eyes. 'And you shine brighter than all the stars combined.' 

 

Jungkook's head hangs, remembering Seokjin's sweet words. As his feet move towards his tent, he recollects the time he went to see Jin and instead, saw Taehyung kissing him. 

 

It was like an arrow coming at him. He saw it coming. He knew that Seokjin is Taehyung's yet he still let himself fall in love. He stood there as the arrow pierced him. 

 

Hurt and broken from their kiss, Jungkook blamed himself. 

 

 

**************************

 

Hearing a knock on the door, Jungkook goes over to it. He already knows who it is before opening it. The door opens and a pair of arms wrap around Jungkook. 

 

"I miss you so much, Jungkook," Seokjin speaks as their scents mingle. 

 

Jungkook embraces him. "I miss you too, Seokjin." He wants to hold Seokjin closer but he keeps seeing Taehyung kissing him. Jungkook lets go, turning away, and closing the doors. He walks into his bedchamber with Seokjin following him.

 

Jungkook tends to the fire, unable to face Seokjin still. Even as the fire burns hotter, Jungkook can't bring himself to face Seokjin. 

 

"Jungkook," Seokjin starts hesitantly. "About what you saw the other day..." Jungkook continues staring into the fire. "I didn't mean for that to happen. I didn't know he would do that. I wished it never happened." 

 

Jungkook looks up from the fire. Knowing that Seokjin blames himself makes him feel worse. 'Is it right for me to be hurt over his kiss with Taehyung when I first courted him only to get revenge?' he questions himself. 

 

As guilt starts making itself present for Jungkook, Seokjin continues. "My lips are only for you to claim," he whispers. 

 

'For me, only...' Jungkook turns around slowly. 'Would he still say such when he knows my first intentions?' Seokjin's watching him expectantly. 'No matter what happens, I will never stop loving you, Seokjin.' 

 

He sinks on the bed next to Seokjin, smilingly crookedly as remnants of his sadness lingers. "I wasn't expecting you to say such." 

 

Seokjin puts his hand on top of his. "I say such for I mean such." He still looks cautious, as if afraid Jungkook holds a grudge against him. "I'm sorry." His eyes water, "I broke your heart." 

 

Jungkook's taken back by his words. He looks down, feeling tears line his eyes. 'Of course, you didn't hurt me. I knew what was coming,' his thoughts say. He looks back up to Seokjin whose tears are spilling. 

 

Jungkook wipes them away, caressing his cheek. "You didn't break my heart." His tears are falling not because of Seokjin's kiss with Taehyung but because of his fear of breaking Seokjin's heart when he tells him the truth. 

 

As bad as it sounds, he doesn't want to tell the truth for if he does, he'll be the cause for Seokjin's tears. 

 

Though their relationship may not be long-lasting, Jungkook loves Seokjin so much. With Seokjin he feels complete. 

 

Jungkook claims Seokjin's lips and all of his other thoughts melt away. When they break for air, Seokjin kisses Jungkook's remaining tears away. 'You are the only one I love,' Jungkook thinks as he connects their lips again. 

 

Seokjin pulls away, gazing into Jungkook's eyes. "I love you, Jungkook." Jungkook's eyes widen slightly for it being the first time Seokjin spoke those words. "All of me loves you and all of you, I love."

 

Jungkook's eyes are shiny again but he blinks and they go away. "I love you too, Seokjin," the words easily come for they've been waiting at the tip of his tongue. He gazes into Seokjin's eyes. "All of you, I love and all of me loves you." A soft smile adorns Seokjin's face before he leans forward and their mouths open under each other. 

 

~~~~

 

"I can't stop thinking about you," Jungkook admits gently. He presses his cheek against Seokjin's back. 

 

"Then...don't," Seokjin voices tenderly. Jungkook smiles, arm encircling Seokjin's small waist and pulling him closer. 

 

After their act of love, Jungkook feels even closer to Seokjin, if possible. 

 

Seokjin turns around. "I think of you night and day as well," he avows. Then sweetly, he presses his lips to Jungkook's cheek. 

 

Jungkook quickly kisses his cheek in return, earning a shy smile from Seokjin. "Are you..." he can't pull his eyes away from Seokjin's captivating face. "tired yet?" he asks. 

 

"No," Seokjin blushes. "Are you?" Jungkook shakes his head. In one swift move, he hovers over Seokjin. Seokjin's blush recedes and his hands lightly touch Jungkook's shoulders. As they travel to his back, tracing his shoulder blades, Jungkook lowers himself down.

 

**************************

 

 

Jungkook sighs as the memory fades. 

 

Following that, he came to the decision that no matter the consequences, he needed to tell Jin the truth. However, here he was. Far, far away from Seokjin.

 

Still so, despite the distance between them, the possibility that Seokjin hates him now, the hard truth that Seokjin is already married, the war, and the people that will not let them be together, Jungkook still wants them. 

 

He will survive this war, irrespective of the time it takes for it to end and he will return to Jin. He won't run away. He'll fight for them.