Twelve - Magic

let me hear your thoughts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Little Jimin sat at the corner of her room, crying. 

 

Her mom hosted a weekend dinner party with her colleagues and little Jimin cannot understand how they can all be so noisy. Her head throbs and her small hands are covering her ears, which doesn't really help her at all. 

 

Her mom has told her to stay inside her room whilst waiting for her babysitter who had to go home for few hours. Taeyeon had promised her she'll be back before she knows it. 

 

Little Jimin just wished for them to stop. They're all so noisy and they're all talking at the same time. She never really knew why she can still hear them when they're in the kitchen, and she never understood why she can hear all of them at the same time. 

 

She hears Taeyeon and Minjeong coming which calmed her a bit but still not enough to get her to move away from the corner. Hot tears are flowing down her baby cheeks, her favorite crocodile plushie discarded beside her. Knees to her chest, shoulders moving up and down as she sobbed quietly. She sees the door open a bit, seeing her playmate's silhouette and her small steps coming near her. 

 

"It hurts?" Jimin hears her Min-min baby ask, plopping down beside her and looking at her face with curiosity.

 

Jimin nods at this, unable to voice her thoughts.

 

Little Minjeong rubs her hands to Jimin's hair in an attempt to relieve any pain her friend is feeling. Jimin cries more because she only wanted to play with her Min-min baby and not hear loud noises from anyone else. Minjeong reaches out with her small arms, hugging the girl who doesn't seem to stop crying.

 

Jimin cannot understand a thing she's hearing from outside, hoping her babysitter would find her and take her away. She can hear her talking to her mother, so she lets Minjeong hug her, crying a little louder each time, causing the younger one to panic. 

 

"Min-min unnie, Min-min unnie. Shhhhh." The younger consoles, eyes darting around the room looking for something to make the other one calmer. 

 

She sees the green plushie, picking it up and placing it between their bodies. 

 

"Mr. Roro here. Shhhh." Minjeong says, patting the girl's head clumsily. She pulls her shirt and pats the other girl's face dry, failing because of her tiny hands and tiny shirt. 

 

"Min-min, hmp, min-min ba- baby, they-, hmpp, they won't stop." Jimin tries. "They're- hmp, no- noisy."

 

Minjeong looks at her worriedly, unsure what to do. She steps back from the girl and kneels in front of her, tiny hands grabbing the other girl's face. 

 

"Magic!" Minjeong says, showing both her tiny hands to Jimin. The older looks at her with eyes furrowed, unsure what the little one is trying to achieve. 

 

"Look, unnie! Magic!" Minjeong placed her hands back to her face, Jimin still unsure what Minjeong is doing. 

 

"See?" Minjeong asks in her tiny voice, eyes peeking from her curtain of bangs. Minjeong removes her hands again, showing them to Jimin for the second time. Jimin stares at it, unsure if she's supposed to look for something in those tiny palms. 

 

"Look, look. Touching youuuuuu~" Minjeong squeaks, prolonging the u sound. "Tadaa! It's quiet now!" Minjeong says as her hands landed softly on the other girl's face again. 

 

Jimin tilts her head to the side, curious. 

 

"One more, one more!" Minjeong says, her cute hands again, for the third time, wiggling in front of Jimin's face. "Touching Min-min unnie nowwww~", Minjeong cheers, this time, prolonging the w sound.

 

Tiny hands were again on Jimin's face, both kids not realizing the older one has stopped crying for a while now. 

 

"See?" Minjeong asks again, not removing her hands from her unnie's face. "See? It's quiet now." 

 

Jimin smiles at this, a little in the beginning, before grinning widely at the girl. Jimin pulled her into a hug, causing the girl to fall on her knees and land in between Jimin's. Minjeong chuckled loudly as Jimin planted messy kisses on her face, thanking her for her magic. Minjeong lets Jimin cuddle her, eyes darting to the door as she sees her sister peeking from the door. 

 

Taeyeon sees Jimin in the corner, rushing to pick her up. Jimin encircles her arms around Taeyeon, eyes widening because it has become noisy again. Her lips quivered and were on the verge of sobbing when she felt fingers clutching on her feet, finding her Min-min baby looking up at her mouthing "magic".

 

-

 

Karina called it.

 

She knew. She knew today is going to be a worse than bad day.

 

Useless chatterings going through her head four times than it usually does. It physically hurts to hear every s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter