Twenty eight - Uchinaga's Beach House (3)

let me hear your thoughts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Giselle thinks her friends are overreacting. 

 

One - it's not theirs. The yacht is her aunt's and she's just borrowing it. They're not using it anyway so why not.

 

Two - that doesn't make her rich. Well, her parents are loaded, yes, but that's her parents, not her. Giselle thinks being the only child has its perks but still...

 

Giselle shakes her head as she watched her friends with wide eyes roaming around the yacht. She placed the food they bought for dinner, knowing there wouldn't be a cook available for them and the caretaker of the yacht doesn't cook too. Hyunjin opens the fridge and placed the drinks as well. 

 

"Heol this is so cool! This is my first time on a yacht. Unnie look at this!" Yuna said, calling her sister to show the sundeck.

 

The rest of the gang continued to roam around the place, every once in a while throwing excited shrieks and amazed comments. 

 

"Are we sleeping here tonight?" Somi asks from the lounge.

 

"We can. But there are only two rooms here so I'm not sure if everyone is comfortable with that?" Giselle asks back.

 

"Have you seen this couch? I can live here! This is way comfier than my bed at home." Lia said.

 

Karina winced at the thought. Looks like she won't be getting any sleep tonight.

 

"Oooh ooh and there's a theater room here right? Can we watch something?" Yeji said.

 

"You've been here?" Lia asks the girl. 

 

"Yeah, few times in the past. We used to attend parties here." Yeji shrugged.

 

"Daebak, you guys are—"

 

"We're not rich, Lia." Giselle and Yeji said at the same time.

 

"Jinx!" Both girls said again.

 

"Double jinx!" This caused chuckling on both parties and Lia rolled her eyes.

 

"Rich kids think alike." Lia murmurs.

 

They finally settled around four in the afternoon and everyone found their spots to rest. Lia pulls Ryujin around to do what Yeji calls "pictorial" as the girl kept dragging her lover around the place to take pictures of her. Somi decided to sunbathe, pulling her boyfriend onto the sundeck and asking him to put sunscreen on her back. Yuna was chatting with Ningning and Chaeryeong, coercing the girl to go to SMU instead of AE-U.

 

Winter sees Karina in a corner, looking too tired to enjoy the place.

 

"You okay?" Winter asks, sitting beside the older.

 

"I've been better." Karina comments. "My body feels like I need a nap, but I can't sleep." 

 

"Come 'er." Winter pats her lap and silently asks Karina to sleep on it, the same thing they did back in the camp when Winter found Karina sleeping outside. "By now, I'm so used to being your sleeping bag." Winter jokes.

 

Karina rolls her eyes but lets her head fall into Winter's legs, resting on her back. She looks up to see Winter looking at her, before she decided to stay on her side and look away from the younger. 

 

She felt Winter playing on her hair, relaxing her right away. Karina closed her eyes and let herself rest. It's a tiring day, indeed, and it's not even done yet.

 

Winter sees Chaeryeong looking at her from the other side of the room.

 

"Whipped!" Chaeryeong murmurs and made funny faces. 

 

Winter chuckles at the silliness of her friend. "Shut up!" Winter mouths back.

 

 

 

By six pm, Giselle calls for dinner. They round up the kitchen, some of them just standing whilst others took the island seats. They chatted about how thrilling it was jumping from the seven feet rocky cliffs and Chaeryeong looks at Winter teasingly.

 

"Gyeoul you're such a , you could have jumped too." 

 

"It was exciting! I wasn't a good swimmer too but I lived!" Lia adds.

 

"Yeah and I almost died because you were pulling me down with you." Ryujin jokes. 

 

"It was fun watching you anyway, I don't think I would be able to handle that." Winter said, shaking her head.

 

The rest continues to chit-chat, the boys even bragging about how their jump is better than the other. Hyunjin brags how he was able to do a backflip on air, and Vernon counters with his stunt of spinning twice before landing on the water. 

 

They finished dinner and decided to head to the theater area to watch a film. 

 

Lia wanted to watch a rom-com whilst the youngsters are keen on watching the latest horror film. Giselle said they got limited films available and hands them the list, groaning when half of those are rom-com movies. Lia claps in victory. 

 

The mini-theater has a long couch in oval shape facing a white wall. The projector was hanging from above and there's a table in front of them for snacks. Lia sits in the middle right away, pulling Ryujin with her. Giselle sat at the corner left edge, Yeji on her side. Yeji calls Ningning to sit beside her but the younger ignores her and sits on the other end of the couch near the exit. Winter sits next to her best friend and Karina next to her, only to move because Chaeryeong wanted to sit on Winter's other side. Yuna sits in between Karina and Ryujin, whilst Somi and Vernon are on Lia's other side. Hyunjin ended up on the other end and asked Giselle to move so he's on the edge of the couch. 

 

They ended up choosing "10 Things I Hate About You" only because Lia thinks Julia Styles look a lot like Karlie Kloss. 

 

Halfway through the movie, Ningning slips out and went out to the sundeck, realizing it's already nighttime and stars are glimmering outside. 

 

"Why are you out here instead of enjoying a cliche movie?" Ningning hears that familiar voice and tries her best not to roll her eyes.

 

"Why are you here?" Ningning said a little too snarky.

 

Yeji shrugs, joining the younger, and leans on the railing. "Why are you avoiding me?" Yeji asks.

 

"I'm not avoiding you." Ningning answers, moving slightly away from the older.

 

"Yeah keep telling yourself that." Yeji said, looking at the younger from head to toe.

 

"You know what, you don't have to do this— whatever the hell it is that you're doing, okay?" Ningning breaks, facing the older girl.

 

"I'm not doing anything??" Yeji answers, taking another step closer to the younger. 

 

"What do you want from me?" Ningning asks.

 

"I don't know, okay? Just—" 

 

"Then stop talking to me, go back inside, and don't look at my way ever again." Ningning says coldly.

 

"What if I don't want to?" Yeji said, occupying Ningning's personal space, placing both her hands on either side of Ningning's body. This effectively traps the girl leaning her back on the railing.

 

"You've had your fun, now go." Ningning said, pushing Yeji away slightly. 

 

Yeji grips the railing harder and inched closer, their bodies close to touching. Ningning gulps visibly, eyes betraying her and looking at the older's lips.

 

"I don't know what you're doing to me. But— I thought... I—" Yeji stutters, looking up and biting her lower lip. "I thought you like me?"

 

Ningning scoffs at this loudly, crossing her hands over her chest. "People like you—" Ningning exhales. "You know you're pretty, you know your effect on people, you know you can get whoever, whatever the hell you want." Ningning bites. "You just know. So you'll bat your eyelashes, bite your lip, and know that people like me would fall right into your trap."

 

"Then, you'll take our breaths away and once you're done with us you'll go and be like yeah thanks for that it was fun bye." Ningning rambles. "So no, I don't want anything to do with you, Yeji-ssi." 

 

Yeji looks down and grips on the railing harder. She looks up and stared at Ningning's eyes, fiery and burning, and it—

 

Yeji takes Ningning's lips with her own, the younger visibly surprised at the action, eyes wide open. Ningning pushed Yeji away and lands a loud slap on Yeji's left cheek. 

 

"I— I'm sorry—" Ningning apologized as soon as she realized what she's done, Yeji reaching out to her cheek, feeling the burning sensation. 

 

This ignites something inside the older. No one has ever slapped her before, no one has dared to push her away, no one has ever said no to her. The feeling is weird, something she can't place. Is Ningning just playing hard to get, or is she really not interested in her? Yeji is not sure if it's her ego, or if it's anything else that's hurting aside from her cheek, but at that moment, she looks at Ningning's worried face, hands hesitantly reaching up to her, and thinks— I am so ed.

 

She takes a tentative step towards the younger again, her hand reaching up to grab the younger's face. She hesitantly leans down and waits for the girl to push her again but does not see it happening. So she inched her face closer for the second time, letting her lips linger few centimeters away from Ningning's lips. She looks up to see Ningning's eyes staring straight at her soul and she thought— t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter