Twenty seven - Uchinaga's Beach House (2)

let me hear your thoughts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yeji grabs a can of beer from the fridge.

 

So much for skipping soda.

 

She was having a hard time sleeping, yet both her roommates are already fast asleep in their beds. Yeji decided to walk around the house instead, in hopes that sleep would get to her soon. She checked the time on her phone. 2AM. 

 

She almost certainly scrolled a week's worth of feed in both Twitter and Instagram, watched too many cringey Tiktoks, and indulged herself with a little too many cat and dog videos. After all that, she's still wide awake. 

 

She sat on the living room couch and unlocked her phone before sighing again because there's nothing else to do, really.

 

She opened her messages, reading various texts from different people, some of them she used to have flings with or people she'd usually call whenever she feels lonely. 

 

Yeji doesn't believe in settling down yet. She thinks she's too young to get tied to a specific someone, and she'd want to experience a lot of things first before she gives her everything and settles into dating just one person. This explains the number of guys and girls sliding in her DMs, some of which she entertains, some she keeps for rainy days.

 

It's the contrast between her and her twin— Hyunjin settled with Aeri right away (not that she blames him, Aeri is one of a kind) but she didn't want that for herself. If she's a song, she'd be Hurricane.

 

I'm a wanderess, I'm a one night stand
Don't belong to no city, don't belong to no man
I'm the violence in the pouring rain
I'm a hurricane

 

But it comes with empty nights and lonely hours too. It's when Yeji is awake at these ungodly hours and got no one to talk to, got no one to tell her thoughts, got no one to blabber things about. It's when people would rather make out with her than listen to her passion and watch how her eyes glisten every time she talks about dancing. It's when Yeji would fall into a state of forlorn that would end up with her overthinking and wondering all her what ifs. 

 

"Oh— , I- sorry. I didn't know you're here." Yeji hears a panicked voice from behind her, a glass of milk in her hand.

 

What a cutie...

 

"Nah, you're good. Wanna sit with me?" Yeji invites, a look of confusion painted on Ningning's face.

 

The younger silently made her way to the couch across Yeji, and the older chuckles at the action. She gives Ningning her bright smile before patting the empty space beside her, earning another panicked expression from the younger.


"I don't bite." Yeji states before looking like she wanted to withdraw the statement, which she did. "I mean, not if you're not into those..." 

 

Oh my God— Ningning knows she's a blushing mess by now.

 

She took few tentative steps and landed a good distance from Yeji's spot. Yeji smiles at her again before moving closer to her seat, and Ningning almost dropped her glass of milk.

 

"Do you want some?" Yeji offers the half-empty can of beer, earning a frantic shaking of the head from the younger.

 

"I— I don't drink. Yet. I mean, too young for that." Ningning explains, raising her glass of milk which earned another chuckle from Yeji.

 

"If you say so." Yeji said instead. "So...."

 

"...."

 

"Why are you still awake?" 

 

"I fell asleep too early." Ningning shrugged. She takes a sip from her glass. 

 

"Hmmm." Yeji hums, "You got a little something here—" Yeji reached out and wipes the excess milk from the younger's lips using her thumb before her finger clean. 

 

Ningning was sure she's going to faint anytime soon. "We don't want your precious milk wasted, yeah?" Yeji chuckles, knowing damn well the effect she has on the younger.

 

They went into a few minutes of awkward silence. It was the older who broke it again.

 

"Do you know the song Treacherous?" Yeji asks. She sees a hesitant shaking of Ningning's head as the answer. "Not much of a Taylor Swift fan, eh?" 

 

"I know a few, but have not heard of that one."

 

"Hmmm." Yeji hums again, taking a sip from her beer. "Do you wanna do the first line?" Yeji asked, leaning a little closer to the younger, to which Ningning responded with leaning back a bit to keep their distance. 

 

"I—I don't know the first li- line." Ningning gulps audibly, watching Yeji pull her phone and scroll few times before she hears a strumming of a guitar. 

 

On the 18th second mark, Ningning thinks she's going to die.

 

Yeji drops the phone on her side and scoots closer. Ningning scoots back again, only to find she's on the other end of the couch. 

 

"Ye— Yeji-unnie—" The strumming of the guitar still playing, and the calming voice of the artist served as their background music.

 

"I won't do anything you don't like." Yeji leans closer— too close but not enough, because just like the song, she's not letting their lips touch.

 

Ningning's heart went into overdrive. She can smell the bitter-sweet alcohol Yeji drank a few moments ago, and Ningning thinks this is going to be the death of her. 

 

RIP, Ning Yi Zhuo

Cause of death: Hwang Yeji

 

Damn it!

 

Yeji was smiling at her. She knows even though she can barely see the other girl's lips because the older's eyes have this glint of mischievousness with them, luring her in to just take the jump. 

 

This is going to be my first kiss—

 

Ningning thinks it and closed the distance between them, pressing her lips unto the older who's waiting for her—teasing her. Ningning sighs, tasting the alcohol from Yeji's mouth.

 

I'm going to get drunk at this—

 

Yeji smiles in the kiss and opens , gently on the younger's lower lip, earning a moan from the younger. She waits till Ningning adjusts and moves on her own, kissing her sloppily which made Yeji smile again. This is her first kiss. Yeji pulls back and stares at Ningning's face, eyes closed, blush tinted cheeks, shoulders coming up and down from heavy breathing. 

 

Yeji felt proud knowing she caused that beautiful mess. 

 

She dives back in and holds the younger's face with both her hands, pressing their lips together for the second time, trying to keep her movements as little as possible not to overwhelm the girl. She felt a tug from her shirt and sees Ningning gripping it hard, so she lets her own hands fall to the younger girl's waist and guided her to sit on her lap. 

 

Ningning follows the silent instruction, placing both her knees on either side of Yeji's legs, full-on sitting on top of the older. She groans when she felt Yeji's hand circle on her waist and land dangerously close to her hips. She follows the movement Yeji is doing, wondering if the older can hear her heart from their position. 

 

And all we are is skin and bone
Trained to get along
Forever going with the flow
But you're friction

 

Yeji knows she shouldn't be doing this. Ningning is too young for her games and she didn't really want to get involved with people who don't have any experience yet. It's a responsibility—she knows, because being someone's first love, first kiss, first anything, would cause a mark in someone's life that she'll never be able to go back to. 

 

This slope is treacherous
This path is reckless
This slope is treacherous
I, I, I like it
 

And walking right into this quicksand, Yeji thinks is indeed treacherous.

 

-

 

"Rise and shine es!" Lia yells from the door of their room, before going through Karina's room and banging the door loudly. She then went into Somi's room and did the same. 

 

Ningning's eyes went wide as soon as she heard Lia's voice, almost falling from the couch. She untangles herself from the older girl spooning her, realizing they fell asleep on the couch after their heated make-out session. She grabs the empty glass of milk and dashed to the kitchen, just in time for Lia t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter