Fifteen - Camp 3

let me hear your thoughts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Karina called it. 


It's not just a long night, but it seems like no one is planning on sleeping until sunrise. 

 

After dealing with Giselle's nagging for almost half an hour and letting the rest of the group know that she's fine—actually fine, no scratches—they finally agreed on grilling some meat and getting some smores done from the bonfire. 

 

As expected, even though Winter is part of the winning group Red, she's still the losing person, her white shirt almost blue now from the food colour. Winter groaned, muttering this is unfair, whilst the Blue team talked about dividing the camp accommodation fee to themselves. 


"I'll help you out tomorrow, Winter." Somi says, placing her hand on Winter's legs. They're all seated on the ground around the bonfire stone after changing into cleaner clothes. Winter sends a thankful smile to the girl. 


Karina stared at Somi's hand that doesn't look like she had a plan of removing any time soon. 

Unlike their seating arrangement during dinner, they're scrambled all over the place this time, sitting wherever is free.

 

"Ugh, I wish we're all in legal age to drink so we could have drinking games tonight instead." Yeji comments, earning a look from her twin. "What? Don't you want to try that?" 


"Three more years then." Hyunjin says. Yeji scoffed and blows unto her roasted marshmallow. 

 

"We can still play though if anyone is up for it." Giselle offers. 

 

"Up for it as long as we're not leaving this circle because I don't want any one of us getting lost again." Lia says, eyeing Karina who just rolled her eyes.

 

"Yay! Let's do truth or dare?" Giselle starts, earning a collective groan from everyone. 

 

"I hate truth or dares. That's a game you can't do sober." Yeji comments again. "Not that I have tried that drunk before, nope." She adds, looking in Hyunjin's direction.


"Come on, it's literally the best way to know people!" Giselle explains. "Besides, you know what they say about how you're not the same person you are at three in the morning."

 

"Well, now that you mentioned it, I do have a lot of questions in store." Lia says, pressing roasted marshmallow between two graham biscuits.

 

"I mean, that's not a bad idea. We've played truth or dare a lot of times during slumber parties." Somi agrees. 

 

Yeji groaned at this, flipping her empty can of orange juice. Hyunjin pulls another can from the cooler, opening it and handing it to his twin.

 

"Alright then, well we can't spin a bottle here obviously." Lia starts, pointing to the bonfire sarcastically.

 

"Let's use a roulette app then." Giselle grabs her iPad and opens a Wheel of Names app, loading up the names of everyone in the circle. Ningning made a comment of how wow unnie you're so prepared for this. Giselle calls for Jaemin who's busy finishing up grilling the remaining meat and Hyunjin who's distributing sodas to everyone.

They hear Yeji mutter lame at least twice, earning a chuckle from the freshies. 

 

"Okay, for the first one I'll draw two names, the first one will come up with the question or the dare, the second one will do it." Giselle rolls the digital wheel, smiling happily when it landed at Somi first, then Lia. 

 

"Truth or dare, Lia unnie." Somi starts. 

 

"I'll go with truth." Lia answers nonchalantly. Yeji boos at this.

 

"Hmmm. I don't know what to ask really." Somi chuckles. "I guess, are you enjoying this camp so far?" Somi settles for a safe initial question. 

 

"Honestly, yes." Lia answers genuinely. "I didn't think I'd like hanging out with you guys."

 

Giselle coos at this, yelling we love a character development!, handing Lia the iPad for her turn to spin. Lia's spin landed on Hyunjin.

 

"You know the drill. Truth or dare?" 

"Truth." Hyunjin starts. 

 

"Guys let's change this unless you want everyone to go truth until morning." Yeji complains. 

 

Everyone agreed that for every 3 consecutive same choices, the 4th one will have no choice but to do the opposite. 


They played few rounds of it, questions were thrown like "do you like anyone in this circle" (Hyunjin answered yes, causing everyone to pray they get Hyunjin's name again on the next roll), "have you ever been drunk?" (to which Yeji answered yes, looking guiltily at her twin brother), "have you ever dated someone?" (Ningning said she's too young do date anyone, Winter agreed) and some petty dares like do aegyo (Lia was blushing hard even though it was Ryujin doing the aegyo), dance wildly to a slow song (Giselle did a very good job at this, with Yeji making a comment of "it looked like that video of you when we were kids!") and put your hair up to a palm tree ponytail (Jaemin was not happy about it).

 

Jaemin spins it only to land on Giselle's name again, the said girl choosing truth. 

 

"Can I grab your turn to ask the question, Jaemin? I'd let you take mine later in return." Lia pleads. 

 

"Ohhh, looks like it's going to get interesting now." Jaemin says, nodding to Lia.

 

"Okay Giselle. I'm really really curious about this. But Yeji mentioned something about a video when you were kids, and I also noticed you were acting like you're used to each other's presence even though I don't really see you hanging out at school." Lia says. 


"Oh, um. What's the question?" Giselle asks, looking at the twins nervously.

 

"Question is, what's your relationship with—" Lia paused dramatically. "—with Yeji?" Lia finishes, grinning. 

 

"Ah." Giselle exhales and chuckles softly. "We were childhood friends. I mean, Yeji, Hyunjin, and their older sister Tiffany." Giselle answers. "We've known each other since we were kids, and I used to go camping with them all the time, well, until now actually." Giselle adds.

 

"Ohhhh, wow." Lia nods in understanding, not expecting the answer. Ningning murmurs that Lia should have asked about Hyunjin instead, Winter nodding along with her. Lia hands Giselle the iPad, letting her spin for the next turn.

 

"Finally! I've been waiting for Winter's turn!" Giselle exclaimed, causing the younger one to flinch. 

 

"Hehe, umm. Truth." Winter says awkwardly.

 

"Nope, you're the fourth Truth, so you gotta do a dare." Giselle smiles widely, causing Winter to panic in her seat. 

 

"Gi..." Karina warns. 

 

"What? I haven't said anything yet!" Giselle said defensively. 

 

"Okay umm, go on then, what's the uhm, what's the dare?" 

 

"I dare you, to kiss Somi!" Giselle yelps, groaning at Karina's pinch on her sides. "On the cheeks! Just the cheeks!" She added instead.

 

"Oh! Uhmm. Oh God." Winter looks at the girl beside her, silently asking for permission. Somi grins widely at her, pointing at her cheek. 

 

"Gaaaaaaahhhh!!!"

"Waaaaaaaahhhh!!!" 

"Oh my Minjeong unnieeee!!!" 

 

There was collective teasing and yelling from the group, leaving Winter a blushing mess. Somi touches Winter's knees to let her know it's okay, the girl refusing to look at her seatmate in embarrassment. She grabs the iPad handed to her and rolled the next name, using the device to cover her face instead.

 

"Rina, it's your turn!" Giselle says as soon as the wheel stops. Karina looked back at her unamused. 

 

"Truth." Karina says coldly.

 

"Winter, Rina says truth." Giselle calls when the younger one seems still distracted by her dare, not realizing she's supposed to throw the next question.

 

"Oh, umm." Winter tries to think of any question, mind blank.

 

"Hey, Winter!" Ryujin calls. "Can I get your turn? I'll let you have mine later." Ryujin offered. Karina looked at the younger curiously, not knowing what's going on in her head. 

 

"Oh yeah sure, go on." Winter says.

 

"Yooji unnie." Ryujin starts, attention of everyone on her. 

 

"Be careful, Jinie." Karina warns, unsure what the question will be.

 

Ryujin giggles at this, looking at Winter for a split second. "Is there anyone in this circle you're jealous of?" 

 

Karina stares at the younger girl unbelievably, before looking at Somi's hand still placed at Winter's knees.

 

"Yes." The girl answers coldly. The rest of the group looks at her curiously.

 

"Who—" Ryujin starts, before Karina cuts her off saying only one question is allowed. Karina decided she needs to do a dare next time because Ryujin wouldn't stop until she gets her answer to that. She rolls the next name, landing to Somi. She almost huffed at the absurdity of it. 

 

"Truth or dare?" Karina asks. 

"Truth." Somi answers. 

 

"Rina, can I grab your turn, pretty please?" Giselle asks. Karina knows exactly what her best friend wanted to ask, so she nods and lets her. 

 

"What is your intention with our Winter here?" Giselle turns to Somi, looking at any sign of awkwardness. She didn't get any.

 

"I like Winter. I want to get to know her more, take her out to dates, actually date her, hopefully." Somi answers sincerely, looking at Winter who's staring at her as she answers. 

 

"Oh, I didn't know you were—" Jaemin starts. 

 

"Jaemin, sweety, if the next words are homophobic, I'm gonna kick your ." Lia cuts him off, earning a thankful look from Somi. Ningning high fives the girl because of this.

 

Karina

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter