Fourteen - Camp 2

let me hear your thoughts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oh my God oh my God oh my G-

 

"Got yah!" Somi encircles her arms around Winter, catching the girl for the second time already. 

 

Winter pouts hard as Somi drags her to Blue's base, joining Lia as another hostage. Winter sees Lia's clothes tinted slightly with blue before worriedly looking down at her own shirt. 

 

I don't wanna clean the camp tomorrow! Winter whines in her head.

 

She stares at Jaemin a few feet away from them, guarding the base camp against anyone who wanted to rescue Lia and Winter. She feels a slight tug from her pants, looking down to see Karina crawling behind her, ducked to the ground to avoid getting seen. 

 

Karina is rescuing her again, for the second time tonight. Lia looks at Karina angrily because she hasn't been rescued since she got caught. Karina just waves at her, grinning mischievously. 

 

They dashed away from the Blue's base before Jaemin sees them. The guy attempted to run after them but saw Yeji on his peripheral vision who looks like she's planning on rescuing Lia. Jaemin decided against leaving the base, monitoring their remaining hostage instead, shooting colored water in Yeji's direction. 

 

"You haven't been hit??" Winter asks Karina as they trekked their way back to base, hoping they don't bump into someone from the Blue. 

 

"Nope." Karina answers, popping the p sound.

 

"Look at me, I'm gonna end up cleaning the campsite tomo-." Winter whines but stops when she felt Karina's hand on . The older placed her finger on her own lips, shushing Winter, before pointing to a walking figure who looks like Ningning. Winter grips on her gun and nods. 

 

Once Ningning was no longer in sight, they continued rushing back to base. 

 

"Do we have any prisoners?" Winter asked. 

 

Karina laughed a little. "They're hostages, not prisoners."

 

"It's the same thing." Winter dismissed. "So, are we winning?"

 

"Yes, except you keep on getting caught by Somi." Karina scoffed. 

 

"Sorry." Winter mums. She sees the red ribbon tied up on a tree indicating it's their base camp and sees Giselle and Ryujin sitting underneath it, both shirts tinted with red. Just before she steps to recharge, Karina sprints to her left, water gun in hand, catching Somi who was attempting to rescue the hostages. 

 

"Damn, you're good at this unnie." Somi compliments, knowing Karina single-handedly caught the three of them now. 

 

Winter steps away from the base to hunt for Ningning, knowing she's the last one they need before her group wins. Well, and Jaemin.

 

Except she hasn't been that far yet when she felt her shirt getting wet again, and looks back to see Ningning shooting her from her right. 

 

"Minjeong unnie, you're cleaning camp tomorrow. Haha!" her best friend teases, grabbing her arm and dragging her back to their camp. She sees Lia is no longer there, which meant Yeji was successful in bringing her back. However, Jaemin is no longer guarding the camp, which means he's off to rescue the rest of s. 

 

Winter grunts as she plops down the dead root of a nearby tree, accepting her fate. After few minutes, she hears Jaemin's voice yelling "run, run, run!"  and as expected, he got all three of the hostages at once. After recharging, Jaemin, Somi, and Giselle went out in different directions, probably off catching some of her members too.

 

Isn't Karina unnie and Hyunjin guarding the camp?

 

"You got caught again?" Ryujin asks Winter. By now, everyone from both camps knows how easy it is to catch Winter, being the only player to be caught three times in a row. Winter nods, sulking. 

 

"I should probably keep my eye on you, I know Yooji-unnie's rescuing you again. But then again, I wanna catch someone too, so stay put!" Ryujin says before dashing away from the base.

 

Yooji-unnie? Winter suddenly remembers the Instagram post with the said nickname.

 

Winter drops her gun and pulled some grass instead, distracting herself whist waiting to get rescued. She sees Yeji being pulled into her direction, looking like she was caught by Jaemin. 

 

So they changed tactics. Jaemin is chasing now, Ningning is guarding. Winter thought.

 

She sees Ningning fumbling on her water gun, looks like the girl is out of water already. It didn't surprise Winter, she probably has used it shooting blindly everywhere. 

 

She felt a tug on her shirt again, and by now she's not sure if she's impressed or scared of how quiet Karina can be every time she's rescuing her. 

 

She's like a Ninja!

 

Karina knows she has to be extra careful. People are now aware that she would keep on rescuing Winter whenever, and it's starting to become their group's weakness. Not that Karina is cheating, (she totally is) but hearing their thoughts from few meters away is a powerful technique she can use without anyone else knowing. She knows when someone is trying to catch her, or when someone is trying to sneak unto her. 

 

The only thing is Winter keeps on getting caught, so she keeps on rescuing her. She also shouldn't have left Hyunjin at the base, the guy would literally let Giselle go every single time, and in extension, anyone else they try to rescue with her. 

 

They're back to square one. With two of their members caught, all of their hostages revived.

 

Karina's not letting Giselle know she's actually enjoying this game.

 

She signaled for Winter to pick up her gun and walk slowly with her, then signs to Yeji that she'll come back for her. She can't take them both at the same time because then Ningning wouldn't hesitate to run after all of them if she's left with no one to guard. 

 

If only Hyunjin does that!

 

Karina decided Winter should cover the base and let Hyunjin chase, that way, she's hitting two birds in one stone. 

 

On their way back to the base, Winter instantaneously pulls her back to a tree, closing to stop her from yelping. Karina froze in her place, Winter's body closely pressed to her whilst her hand was on Karina's mouth.

 

Dejavu, but a little closer.

 

Winter sees Ryujin squinting in their location, so she tried to hide her body by pressing it more to Karina's, as if there's actually any space left.

 

Karina's eyes widened, unable to do anything.

 

She can feel her heartbeat drumming erratically in her chest, while she's staring at Winter inquisitively.

 

Since it's dark, only moonlight guiding them, Karina can only make of the other girl's outlines...

 

Her eyes reflecting cautiousness....

puffing rigid breaths... 

 

Her lips—

 

"Okay she's gone." Winter says, stepping away from her. 

 

Karina takes a wild guess that it's Ryujin, mostly because she hadn't heard her even before Winter pulled her. 

 

Damn, another weakness! Karina thought. She then realized that Winter worked well sensing Ryujin, covering her blind spot for her. She didn't do the same thing earlier for anyone else, so she's glad Winter got that part covered. 

 

We really work well together huh.  

 

Winter was walking in front of her, gripping the water gun as if she's even allowed to use it without recharging first.

 

She sighs disapprovingly at Hyunjin when she saw they got zero hostages, tapping him to go and chase instead.

 

"You're on the defense. Hyunjin's chasing. I'll get Yeji, stay here and guard camp in case anyone comes back with any hostages." Karina instructs. Just a few minutes after she left, Lia comes back with Ryujin at hand. 

 

Lia nods at Winter before bolting away, leaving Winter to guard the hostage. 

 

"Look at that, we've traded places, unnie." Ryujin says, making small talk with Winter. 

 

Ryujin isn't really oblivious. She knows Winter is the person her Yooji-unnie mentioned a few weeks back. She never saw the older one act like that aside when she's with her. She got that cold-hearted reputation for a reason. But with Winter, her Yooji-unnie is different, mischievous even, and not the typical snobbish Karina she knew at school. 

 

Ryujin never really heard exactly from her Yooji unnie who the person is, but she knows deep in her guts, it's Winter. 

 

"I'm actually not, I mean, I'm not your unnie. We're the same age." Winter says.

 

"Oh? So that's why Somi never calls you unnie too." Ryujin realized. 

 

"Yeah, advanced grade and all." Winter explains briefly. 

 

"I see."

 

Their small talk was interrupted with Hyujin coming back holding Jaemin in his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter