Eighteen - Magic Room

let me hear your thoughts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hide min-min unnie hide!" Little Minjeong whispers, pulling Jimin's tiny hands with her. 

 

The youngsters found themselves in a dusty storage room, a place that looks like where Taeyeon would dump things she hasn't unpacked yet. 

 

Taeyeon has finally got a place she can call her own (she's renting it, but still) and has finally finished college. She also talked to Jimin's parents about looking for another babysitter since she's going to start working for a corporate company as an associate designer. Jimin's parents were thankful and gave her a nice parting bonus, the freshly graduated young adult ever so thankful. 

 

Minjeong and Jimin spent the afternoon in Taeyeon's new place, something that Taeyeon requested from Jimin's mom. Minjeong and their parents will be moving back to Busan and that meant Taeyeon can no longer bring the kids together to play. 

 

As soon as Jimin's mom dropped her kid at Taeyeon's, Jimin has been crying non-stop, rushing past her babysitter as soon as she got off the car to look for her Min-min baby. She found her inside Taeyeon's room playing marbles. The younger one stopping immediately as soon as she saw her unnie's tears stricken face.

 

"Call Taengo unnie?" Minjeong asked hesitantly, asking for permission if she should call her sister to attend to Jimin's needs.

 

Jimin just continued sobbing, shaking her head. She sat behind the younger, pulling Minjeong in between her legs and circled her tiny hands on the younger. 

 

"I will miss- miss you Min-min baby." Jimin said in between sobs, her lower lip out.

 

Minjeong just gave her small, gentle pats in her arm in the rhythm of the Jimin's sobs.

 

"I hate- hmp- Taengo unnie- hmp. I don't want hmp -to hear her." Jimin said, wiping her tears with the collar of her little polo shirt. 

 

"Let's hide Min-min unnie. Taengo unnie not there!" Minjeong yelped, standing up abruptly and pulling the older girl with her.

 

She stood on her toes to grab the doorknob and turned it using both her hands, opening the door and heading out while looking behind her to see if Jimin is following.

 

"Hide min-min unnie hide!" Little Minjeong whispers, pulling Jimin's tiny hands with her. 

 

The younger brought them to a dusty storage room, pushing Jimin to an empty corner before running back to the door and peeking outside sneakily. She looks back to see Jimin looking at her with curious eyes. 

 

"Taengo unnie not here. You cant hear Taengo unnie here." Minjeong said before peeking outside again one more time, before finally closing the door and locking it.

 

"Magic room!" Minjeong skips towards Jimin's corner, her arms wiggling on air to express how the room is indeed magical. 

 

"See?" Minjeong asks, stopping in front of her a few feet away, eyes rolling on her head as if listening to someone else outside. "You cant hear Taengo unnie. She cant hear us too!"

 

Jimin closed her eyes and felt the silence, calming down when she indeed cannot hear anything at all. Jimin believes that wherever Minjeong's magic is would be the safest place in the world.


And little Jimin didn't want to leave the magic room ever again.

 

-

 

Taeyeon is now convinced that Jimin wanted this sleepover solely because of her little sister.

 

Whilst yes, all of Jimin's things are in Taeyeon's room, the said girls are now running around after each other again to what Taeyeon thinks is Winter changing Jimin's wallpaper again. She still can't understand why Jimin just won't change her passcode. 

 

Maybe she just wanted to experience running around with Minjeong like little kids again, that's why.

 

With this thought, Karina suddenly stopped running. It's not like Taeyeon knows she can hear her, but for some reason, she suddenly felt shy. She looked at Taeyeon as if she's guilty of a crime, before walking back slowly to the living room's couch. She settled on it and grabbed a throw pillow, placing it on her lap. The older looked at Karina across her before roaming her eyes to find Minjeong who's happily shrieking in a corner with Karina's phone. 

 

"Minjeongie, I thought we're watching a movie?" Taeyeon called. 

 

"Yes unnie, give me two minutes." Winter responded, body leaned to the wall partition of their living room and the kitchen. She's smiling widely over the phone, looking like she's successful in changing the wallpaper.

 

"What did you change it to this time ugh!" Karina called as well. "Give me that, I'm changing my passcode."

 

"I'd be able to guess it again, don't even bother." The youngest one scoffed.

 

Karina looked at Taeyeon as if saying I told you so, as if it explains why she never bothered to change her passcode.

 

"Unnie, buy us pizza." Minjeong said, plopping down next to Karina on the couch. Karina groans to see her wallpaper as a picture of a fat kid with the caption I'm on a seafood diet. I see food and I eat it.

 

"Okay, but I'll choose what movie to watch."

 

"Deal."

 

 

 

 

 

Fou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter