Eleven - Titanic

let me hear your thoughts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lia is ecstatic.

 

Not only that Karina can't be found anywhere near the bleachers, but Ryujin took her bottled water for the first time. Lia thanks all the deities across all the universes and wondered what's with her luck for the day. 
 

Lia watched attentively as Ryujin sprinted back and forth the field, looking so hot in her green jersey. Lia daydreams about having one of those number 17 jerseys from the girl, or at least wear one for a short period of time. She'd probably pass out the moment she gets her hand on that prized possession.

 

Lia hears the whistle indicating a quick break, and she watched Ryujin from her team's bench longingly. One of her teammates pointed out in her direction and Ryujin's eyes lands on her. She stood up and placed her white towel around her neck, jogging a bit to cross the small distance between the benches and the bleachers.

 

"Hey, you're still here?" Ryujin asks casually, and Lia suddenly didn't know how to speak.

 

She looked so dumb staring at the other girl, frozen, unable to voice out whatever she wanted to say.

 

"Say, why didn't you tell me you were Jisu-ssi?" Ryujin asks and Lia looked surprised.

 

"I–, what?" 

 

"You should have told me you were who I met back then when I was still signing up for exams here. I'm sorry, I didn't really recognize you right away. I just remembered your name." Ryujin says, looking down shyly.

 

"Oh! Uhm I didn't know you'd even remember my name." Lia said, unable to believe this is actually happening.

 

"Yeah, it doesn't really help you don't wear glasses anymore, and you changed your hair too." Ryujin explains. "It looks pretty on you."

 

"Oh, uhm. Thanks. I have no idea. I never thought you'd actually remember that." Lia answers, bewildered yet blushing from the compliment. "How did you find out?" 
 

"Yoojie un—I mean, Karina-unnie, your block mate. She said your name is Choi Jisu. They just call you Lia because you prefer that?" 

 

"Right..." 

 

Ryujin hears her coach calling her back to the field.

 

"So, I guess, see you around, Lia-ssi?" Ryujin says as she was about to jog back.

 

"Jisu-yah!"

 

"Huh?" Ryujin paused.

 

"Call me Jisu-yah!" Lia yells with her smile beaming, eyes disappearing into crescent moon shapes.

 

"Okay, Jisu-yah!" Ryujin yells back, waving happily at her.

 

Oh my ing God Choi Jisu oh my God did you save a ing country in your past life?!!

 

-

 

Giselle watched Karina from the mirror as the girl applied light powder on her face.

 

"Are you going somewhere? Aren't you supposed to be watching football by now?" Giselle asks. 

 

"Oh, yeah, I'm heading to the library to checkout—"

 

"Sydney Sheldon's book, I know." Giselle chuckles.

 

"You do know you've been touching up for like five minutes now, yeah?" Giselle decided to just wash her hands for the second time as she waits for her friend to finish.

 

"What's wrong with touching up? I just feel like my face is too oily these days."

 

"Hmmm." Giselle mums. "Oh, isn't Winter going to meet that person from the radio message today? Oh my God, that's exciting!" Giselle suddenly remembered.

 

"Yep, that's it, I'm done. Let's go!" Karina says, pulling Giselle out in her arms.

 

"Let me at least dry my hands— ugh I guess not." Giselle says as she wiggles her wet hands, Karina dragging her behind.

 

-


"Why are we not heading up the library again?" Giselle asks as Karina pulls her to sit on a nearby bench, just a few yards away from the library building's entrance. 

 

The two watched as students come and go, Karina observing who looked suspicious or looked like they're waiting for someone.

 

She sees lots of students chit-chatting from the entrance, some students sitting on the steps, and some just leaning by the walls.

 

Karina's ears perked up once she heard that familiar voice. 

 

She's nearby. Karina thinks. 

 

"Who's nearby?" Giselle asks, apparently Karina was saying it out loud.

 

"Oh, no one." Karina deflected.

 

"Oooh ooh, that's Winter!" Giselle said excitedly, pointing to the girl looking so nervous as ever, walking towards the library entrance.

 

"Oh my God Rina, are we spying on Winter?!" Giselle exclaimed.

 

"Shut up Gi, we're not! We're just—"

 

"We are so totally spying on her! I thought you aren't curious about this! I'm glad I'm not the only one." Giselle said, suddenly giddy in her seat.

 

"You're curious about this?" Karina asks, facing her friend.

 

"Of course I am, that's our friend, Winter. I want to witness her love story unfold in my very eyes. Who do you think the guy would be? Do you think he's a senior? Or same year but different block?" Giselle gushed. "Ooh, could he be any one of those guys?" Giselle's attention is now on the loitering guys near the entrance.

 

"Why do you assume it's a guy?" Karina said, catching Giselle off guard.

 

"Well, uh, the message said Winter owes to give them her number, isn't that something a guy would say?" Giselle asks, honestly confused as to why her friend would ask that.

 

"Hmmm." 

 

"Anyway, look, look!!" Giselle exclaimed, attention now back to Winter who looked so lost and nervous in front of the building. She got her back facing them, waiting for whoever she's supposed to be meeting.

 

Karina clicks her tongue and wished she can hear other people's thoughts in that distance, so she can easily spot who's the Ekin girl.


Giselle's jaw dropped at the scene unfolding in their eyes.

 

A girl, looking so pretty and sophisticated, comes from behind Winter and tickles her sides. This caused Winter to jump in surprise, grabbing the arms causing the attacks. Winter's face light up in recognition, and Giselle thinks Winter looked smitten.

 

"Oh my God, Rina. It's not a guy, it's not a guy!" Giselle shakes her friend who looked annoyed now, standing up and tapping her friend to come

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter