TWO

Sometimes You Can Go Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I can't believe this!! How am I supposed to sleep now!!

I scroll through his page and look at his pictures and he hasn't changed a bit I can't even deal right now.

He is still so gorgeous it hurts to look at him.

Of course, he is older, but he still has his baby face and beautiful eyes.

I scroll down further and see him with his parents, and they all look so great.

It says they still live here. Wow I did not expect that to be honest.

It says he is an architect and he and his father own a successful firm with its main offices in New Orleans, Louisiana and Seoul, South Korea.

Wow he always said he wanted to design buildings and now he is living his dream.

We both are, I have the two careers I love music and food.

When I look at him, I don't feel the ache in my heart that I felt all those years ago and for that I am relieved.

I always thought that if I see him again my heart would ache.

Should I press accept? As much as I want to something in me will not let me.

At least not yet.

I can't afford to be distracted right now I have a goal and a deadline to meet.

I plug my phone to the charger and lay down.

I must meet momma at the restaurant tomorrow at 1 pm all I want to do is sleep this very hectic and exhausting day away.

I wake up and look at the clock 11:30 am!

Crap I jump up and run to take a shower and get dressed.

I must meet mom at one pm and it is forty-five minutes away that doesn't give me much time to get ready.

I manage to wash my face, brush my teeth and shower in thirty minutes and that alone is a miracle because I am known to be in the shower for thirty minutes alone!

I run to the closet so grateful that I took the time last night to unpack and everything is within my reach.

I grab my favorite hot pink spaghetti strapped maxi dress and white denim crop jacket and lay them on the bed.

I quickly put on deodorant, lotion and perfume and my undergarments.

I slide on the dress and grab a pair of ballet slippers and put them on.

I run to the vanity and apply product to my hair and slick it up in a high ponytail.

I rub on some clear gloss put on my favorite gold hoops and diamond necklace momma gave me for my 21st birthday.

I grab the jacket and purse and dash out the door.

I make it all the way outside before I realize I have left my dang phone!

I run inside quickly and grab the phone and portable charger and race back to the front.

Luckily, I got an Uber within two minutes, and we hit the road.

I look at my phone it's 12:20 I breathe a huge sigh of relief.

We make it to the restaurant with time to spare.

I see I have beaten momma there and I let myself in through the backdoor.

I walk in and go down the long hall that leads to the dining area.

I run my hands along the chairs that are so outdated it's ridiculous.

The leather is peeling, and the legs are wobbly as heck.

"Jeez Aunt Sylvia how did you let this place get so bad?"

I look around at the ceiling and walls and I see spiderwebs and dust everywhere.

"Did her staff not clean? What is going on with these people?"

I look around at the place that used to hold so many happy memories for me as child and I just want to cry.

"Hello?" Baby girl?" I hear mom entering.

I quickly wipe away a tear that escaped and clear my throat.

"Hey momma I am in the dining area." She walks in and puts her purse down on the bar.

"Hey baby how did you sleep?"

"Like a baby that bed is pure heaven I didn't want to get out to be honest."

"I bet I have to admit to you that I laid down on the bed after I put on the linen the other day."

"Why am I not surprised?" l laugh

"Hey mom I have to ask so no one was cleaning around here?"

"I mean look at this mess." I point dramatically around the room.

"I am so upset right now." I say.

"I know baby I would come in periodically and do the housekeeping and it was somewhat better."

"Well when we reopen the cleaning, mopping, and all daily housekeeping will be required."

"What time is the contractor coming by?" I ask.

"He should be here now it is actually 1 o'clock on the dot."

"What is the name of the company anyway."

"Elysian Fields Corporation they come highly recommended."

"Elysian Fields Corporation why does that name sound so familiar?"

"Anyhow I am glad they have great reviews we do not want any issues in the future we need a top-notch company on this reno.

"I know and when the restaurant turns and gets back on its feet, I will begin to pay you back do not worry."

"Oh, I am not worried this is a wise investme

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter