THREE

Sometimes You Can Go Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first week of the renovation flew by and it already looks like a completely different place.

"Wow Terrance you are the real MVP for this!" I walk into the kitchen and look around at the empty space.

He chuckles and points to the dish room area, "If you are excited by this go check out your new walk- in cooler and pantry area.

I squeal and run in the new painted empty rooms and inhale.

Ahh, it smells fresh and clean no more moldy damp basement smell in here.

"I love it! I can't wait to see how your mom finishes everything."

"Yeah, I have seen the design and it is marvelous!"

"Oh, you have. When can I see them? Did she say?"

"She should be calling you soon to schedule a time."

"Yay I can't wait!"

"So last night I went and saw Aunt Sylvia finally."

"Oh, how did that go?"

"We talked about everything; I mean everything."

She apologized to me and told me how bad she felt over the years that I stopped talking to her."

"Yeah, I bet." He said.

"What else did she say?"

"She told me how she regretted giving Amanda my money and that she was going to pay me back every penny I put into the restaurant with interest."

"I told her was an investment and not to worry about anything but getting healthy again."

"So, are you two ok now? I mean have you forgiven her?"

"You know what's funny about forgiveness Terry, the minute I walked into the room and saw her like that I realized I wasn't angry anymore I just wanted my aunt back."

"I just laid in the bed and hugged her, and she cried."

"My mom was crying as well I just regret it took her to almost die for me to come to my senses and come home."

"Aww Pudge you have grown up." He smiles at me softly.

"Pudge? Wow there is a name I haven't heard in years!" I laugh and he smirks.

"I bet, So any news of Amanda yet?"

"Nope and it doesn't look good for her either apparently Rico came back without her we have no idea what is going on."

"Damn and your mom has her kids?"

"Yeah, Mom and Aunt Sylvia have the kids it's a mess."

"Mostly mom now because Aunt Sylvia can only do so much right now, but the doctor anticipates a complete recovery and for that I am grateful."

"Although if she ends up having to completely raise Amanda's children, she will have to give up working here."

"There is no way she will be able to do both, I plan on hiring a complete staff with an actual qualified manager for both the front and back area."

"So, to be honest there will be no need for her to come here unless it's to visit or to eat you know?"

"Yeah, I do."

"And seeing how you have already gutted the place and began remodeling in a week I think we are on track to staying within my deadline."

"You have a deadline?" He asked amused.

"Yeah, I wanted to do a minimum three-month remodel and be here three months to get the staff situated and get the kitchen running smoothly before I return to New York."

"So, you plan to return then?"

"Of course, my show and life are there."

"Mumm, I see, so will it be another eighteen years before any of us see you again?" He asks with a serious expression on his face.

I look at him and feel so guilty.

"No." I say quietly.

"I will be coming home at least every other month for a week or so to stay on top of things and see everyone."

"If my schedule permits maybe more."

His smile is so contagious I can't help but join.

He places his arm in mine and leads me into the newly decorated office area.

"Good! Because we c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter